Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Reactions: ModelX
NonPUP front doors have essentially the same action when asked to open by you. Depressing the chrome. And will close wIth brake. And will also..... Drum roll.... Close when you lock the car! Did not expect that.

My friends are loving it almost as much as I do. My son loves it the most. Faster!!!
Whoa, wait a sec @Cloc, tell us again about the features of non PUP, non Performance doors. They are motorized to close on brake activation? Is there no functional "present" feature? Do the doors open (not unlock but open) with the fob or smartphone, or must you tap the chrome to open? If the later, do they full open, or just enough to further open with your hand on the handle? Do driver and passenger doors close on brake pressing or just one side? Thanks, just heard the total opposite by regional sales manager at the social event yesterday about brakes not part of door action in non-PUP.

Picked up my fully loaded, 22" silver wheels, midnight metallic silver 90D (VIN 33xx) on 4/25 in Tampa. Had some minor issues at delivery.
  • Hood needs adjusting. Right side sits higher than left side.
  • Left falcon wing door isn't flush with the car when closed.
  • 3rd row seat belts have an extra twist.
  • Small dent on rear spoiler.
  • Passenger side window makes sounds when it goes back up.
  • Charge port doesn't auto open with UMC or Supercharger
Other than that, the car has been amazing to drive.

Whoa, wait a sec @Cloc, tell us again about the features of non PUP, non Performance doors. They are motorized to close on brake activation? Is there no functional "present" feature? Do the doors open (not unlock but open) with the fob or smartphone, or must you tap the chrome to open? If the later, do they full open, or just enough to further open with your hand on the handle? Do driver and passenger doors close on brake pressing or just one side? Thanks, just heard the total opposite by regional sales manager at the social event yesterday about brakes not part of door action in non-PUP.

@jsollender if you hit the chrome button the door swings as wide as there is room. I imagine much like autopresent, but since I haven't played with auto I don't really know. It definitely has varied it's opening amount. It definitely closes the door upon braking, only the driver side. The front doors do not open with the FOB. They only open from chrome or console tap.

One thing is when I get the door to close "automatically" whether with chrome button push or brake, that's when I'm most likely going to have the Adam Levine window displacement problem. If I manually close the door, it never happens.

Picked up my fully loaded, 22" silver wheels, midnight metallic silver 90D (VIN 33xx) on 4/25 in Tampa. Had some minor issues at delivery.
Did all this get caught at pickup or just after you got home? I'm curious how they will handle my ding on the trunk too?

And to add to charge port opening question, they said they are working on the fix to have the supercharger unlock the port when connector is ready.

Can you please check the action of your spoiler around 45mph? Does it lower slightly from the horizontal position it's in when going slower?

Yes, I'm going to start asking every 90D delivery reported just like @K-MTG does for sunshades! ;)

Thanks!

Did all this get caught at pickup or just after you got home? I'm curious how they will handle my ding on the trunk too?

And to add to charge port opening question, they said they are working on the fix to have the supercharger unlock the port when connector is ready.
After I picked up my X last week, drove home, and started looking at it carefully and noticed a small imperfection on the spoiler. I emailed my Delivery guy at the San Rafael SC and was told
"At this time we cannot due bill the scratch on your rear bumper. However it sounds like this is an issue most efficiently resolved with touch-up paint."
Not the answer I was expecting. Hadn't had the car 24 hours.

After I picked up my X last week, drove home, and started looking at it carefully and noticed a small imperfection on the spoiler. I emailed my Delivery guy at the San Rafael SC and was told
"At this time we cannot due bill the scratch on your rear bumper. However it sounds like this is an issue most efficiently resolved with touch-up paint."
Not the answer I was expecting. Hadn't had the car 24 hours.

Oh wow, they probably think that you scratched it. I better throughly inspect my X upon delivery

I suggest you email or call your service advisor instead of the delivery person. The advisors at San Rafael are awesome and I bet they'll take care of you. I had a nick in my seat material that we missed at delivery but found afterwards and they're dealing with that for me.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
The DS made a point the "auto open" on the charge port is not functional on the X, it requires a press to open. It can be opened, however from the 17" display, and does power close at the touch, but not automatically. Not sure whether a future software update will restore, or it is operating as intended. Ah, the great mysteries of life.

Got my baby (second) on Saturday - one of the last April deliveries I presume. The whole family is loving it, especially me.

4/16 build - quality is flawless so far. P90D 7 seat, Black metallic, black leather, black rims, black headliner, all packages except cold weather.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 77