Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @XHokie

We have had an amazing couple of days with our Model X. It seems that Tesla has really upped their game in the QA for the new vehicles getting shipped. So far, we have had no problems with the car. Everything seems to be aligned and no nasty door issues so far (again I have only had the car for 2 days ~ 150 miles!).

Here are a couple of observations I have had about the car so far:
  • The panoramic windshield is truly a game changer. It seems that the windshield itself will sell the car once people take a test drive!
  • While I did get the sunshade, I am not so sure I will be using it. The tint on the windshield seems to be good enough to block any unnecessary sun/heat.
  • The FWDs are fantastic and certainly have a utility value. We have a 3 year old and the FWD makes it easy to put her in the car seat.
  • The FWDs are also a crowd magnet. If you don't like attention, avoid opening the doors in public :p
  • The rear view mirror is a joke. However, I guess its adequate when you combine it with the awesome rear facing camera
  • Handling and ride is great. I came from owning BMWs for the last 11 years and I think it is almost impossible to beat BMWs when it comes to handling and ride (at least in the price range). The Model X is close (and almost as good)!
  • Since I did not opt for the PUP, I dont have ambient interior lighting. This makes the cabin rather dark at night. In hindsight, I think I should have opted for the PUP.
  • The 6 seat configuration is awesome and makes it very easy for rear passengers to move between the 2nd and 3rd row. I think it also makes the rear view mirror a little usable
  • The UW seats are amazing. Although we have obviously not put them through the standard "3 year old baby mess" tests, I feel confident that the seats would do fine.
  • While I was not convinced about getting the car wrapped earlier, I think I am going to do that now for my own sanity o_O
Congratulations to the other members of the August delivery club!

Thanks @XHokie
  • While I was not convinced about getting the car wrapped earlier, I think I am going to do that now for my own sanity o_O

I keep going back and forth about wrapping. In addition to the cost, my other concern is I don't want to be without my X after I get it! I wish Tesla arranged it themselves so I don't have to pick up the car then give up for a wrap.

Re: interior lighting, a lot of people seem happy with the Abstract Ocean LEDs. I want to get my car before I may order them.

I keep going back and forth about wrapping. In addition to the cost, my other concern is I don't want to be without my X after I get it! I wish Tesla arranged it themselves so I don't have to pick up the car then give up for a wrap.

Re: interior lighting, a lot of people seem happy with the Abstract Ocean LEDs. I want to get my car before I may order them.

I don't have PUP so I assumed that the vehicle would not be wired for interior ambient lighting. The Abstract Ocean LEDs are a replacement for the dome lights correct? Since I don't currently have ambient lighting, I don't think there is a way to do that post delivery.

I don't have PUP so I assumed that the vehicle would not be wired for interior ambient lighting. The Abstract Ocean LEDs are a replacement for the dome lights correct? Since I don't currently have ambient lighting, I don't think there is a way to do that post delivery.

From the reviews from X owners, it looks like it's set up the same way as the Model S, so the wiring/blanks are there regardless of PUP. Ultra-Bright LED Interior Light Kit (4 Bulbs)

From the reviews from X owners, it looks like it's set up the same way as the Model S, so the wiring/blanks are there regardless of PUP. Ultra-Bright LED Interior Light Kit (4 Bulbs)
The PUP interior lighting is not the same as the Abstract Ocean ultra bright kit. Those are about 2"x3" LEDs that illuminate things like the puddle lights, trunk, frunk, under the front seats, etc. The PUP lighting is things like a 1/2"X1/2" LED in the door handle, and an LED strip of some sort in the door under the white part, but above the black.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: RKap
The PUP interior lighting is not the same as the Abstract Ocean ultra bright kit. Those are about 2"x3" LEDs that illuminate things like the puddle lights, trunk, frunk, under the front seats, etc. The PUP lighting is things like a 1/2"X1/2" LED in the door handle, and an LED strip of some sort in the door under the white part, but above the black.

Thanks, I didn't realize that (I quickly excluded PUP since I didn't want ventilated seats or the self-presenting door, so I didn't look at all the details). That said, I'm still thinking the AO kit would brighten the interior more, right?

Thanks, I didn't realize that (I quickly excluded PUP since I didn't want ventilated seats or the self-presenting door, so I didn't look at all the details). That said, I'm still thinking the AO kit would brighten the interior more, right?
As far as I can tell, none of the larger LEDs are on when all the doors are closed. Maybe the ones under the front row seats? But once you open a door, yes the lights under the dash into the footwell, etc. would be brighter with the AO kit.

• Informative
Reactions: mikes_fsd