Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confemed my order 90D 6 seater early Jan this year. Just got my vin 113xx about 3 weeks ago, still says in the queue. Haven't heard from my DS after emailing him but the manager at one of the Tesla stores we frequent said it's looking to be late Aug early Sept. At this rate I'm not sure.

The wait is killing the most of us here on TMC :) Consensus on the forum is that it typically stays a while in the queue after a VIN is assigned, depending on which production batch fits your car best. However, given the fact that you've got a VIN is definitely a big step forward. If production stays as fast as it has been going the past few weeks, it should result in your car entering production within a reasonable amount of time (say several weeks or maybe 1 or 2 months), I presume. I hope mine enters production soon too :)

Only info on potential delay's I've come across so far is that the factory will shut down the first week of July. That will affect all of those waiting. Let's hope they add extra speed to the line while doing maintenance so production increases after the re-open.

The wait is killing the most of us here on TMC :) Consensus on the forum is that it typically stays a while in the queue after a VIN is assigned, depending on which production batch fits your car best. However, given the fact that you've got a VIN is definitely a big step forward. If production stays as fast as it has been going the past few weeks, it should result in your car entering production within a reasonable amount of time (say several weeks or maybe 1 or 2 months), I presume. I hope mine enters production soon too :)

Only info on potential delay's I've come across so far is that the factory will shut down the first week of July. That will affect all of those waiting. Let's hope they add extra speed to the line while doing maintenance so production increases after the re-open.
One or two more months? Ugh, I would think that if I was expecting a delivery late August early September they would be getting on the ball like yesterday lol. I'm ok with taking their time but it better be in great shape upon pick up. I think the thing that bothers me is seeing people that confirmorders months after me get vins and delivery dates asap.

I had my delivery scheduled for June 24 and the day before delivery they found a problem. That was in addition to the dent in the lift-gate that told me about a couple of hours earlier. I was finally contacted late today-after ignoring me all week- and told they will be keeping my Model X for a few more weeks. They are taking the car offsite next week for leak testing, as apparently nothing was done this week. I was told they will getting new seals for the FWD and a new lift-gate. I was to have picked the car up with the dent and they would order a lift-gate replace it when that part arrived when it arrived. Now they are keeping it until the lift-gate arrives. (We all know how long Tesla take to get body parts delivered.) I'm moving to the August delivery thread, but in reality, I just hope I get the car this year. In the meantime I finalized the loan the night before scheduled pickup, therefore I am paying for a car I don't have. I am beyond pissed!!

If I could cancel the purchase and not lose $5,000 I would. I might come back in a few years. The only positive thing is that I am still driving my Model S- but the way things are going they will probably want to charge me for the mileage.

Ordered 6/15, confirmed 6/22, got VIN 123XX sometime between 6/26 and 7/3. (Didn't check mytesla during that timeframe)

Last I heard from DS (before receiving VIN) he told me to expect a September delivery.

Is it September yet? Haha

Anyone else ordered and confirmed around the same time as me?

75D. Pearl White, 6 Seat. PremPack, AutoP.

Ordered 6/15, confirmed 6/22, got VIN 123XX sometime between 6/26 and 7/3. (Didn't check mytesla during that timeframe)

Last I heard from DS (before receiving VIN) he told me to expect a September delivery.

I didn't order around the same time, but I have a similar config. Confirmed order 3/4 and got VIN 117xx on 6/21. Anticipating September delivery, but no production date yet.

I ordered 6/17 with confirmation 6/24. I think VIN 133xx came yesterday. 1,000 difference in two days compared to yours. Similar config except mine is solid white and I added smart air, subzero, and hitch. Haven't been contacted by DS yet

Scheduling wise, you can use this as a milestone.
Demo Xs were seen on an east coast lot with Vin numbers 819x and 823x. Four of them. Along with customer vins in the 5xxx and 6xxx range. Those were some that were shipped but not delivered in Q2 but overflowed into Q3. Also seen was a customer unit with 878x.

In my mini-rant above I expressed extreme displeasure with Tesla. But as always Tesla is showing their great customer service and concern for the customer. The attention to the customers needs match the great cars! They are building another Model X for me.

Maybe I will get it in August!
Does that mean your vin will change? What us your status show on your My Tesla page?

heres the thing that bugs me. Theres so much inconsistency with vins and delivery dates ... his is 132xx and a late aug delivery I'm an easy 20k cars before his and there telling me its suppose to be finished the 3rd week in aug. something not quite right there. there going to build 20k cars in two weeks or am i getting mine earlier than what there telling me? Or do they simply just make up dates. and if they can build 20k in a two week span then why were ONLY the 9xxx and 10xxx built last month?

heres the thing that bugs me. Theres so much inconsistency with vins and delivery dates ... his is 132xx and a late aug delivery I'm an easy 20k cars before his and there telling me its suppose to be finished the 3rd week in aug. something not quite right there. there going to build 20k cars in two weeks or am i getting mine earlier than what there telling me? Or do they simply just make up dates. and if they can build 20k in a two week span then why were ONLY the 9xxx and 10xxx built last month?
132xx is less than 20k total. Did you mean 2k? If so, yes, they will build 2k Model X's in two weeks. They're already at that stride.