Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, getting to HI is really not that much different than the east coast. About the same distance and logistical challenges. In some ways, it's a little better, since it's rare (if ever) that the container ship "breaks down" or gets delayed compared to a truck or train.

I wonder if they wait to have enough cars to warrant shipping it across the pond, which might be a problem for a HI delivery.

Since model s guy got a wink when asking the question is my car have wiring harness for autopilot 2.0 I think it's fair to ask and gauge response for any X being picked up. Thoughts?

I'm guessing a delivery thread with a picture will be first confirmed evidence of 2.0 anything in the wild.

As for inventories, waits are painful too. Inspection wait at originating SC, then wait for carrier assignment after that from logistics team, then inspection at delivery service center, then Actual delivery. Great workflow but sure does have days of lag between each step....

As for inventories, waits are painful too. Inspection wait at originating SC, then wait for carrier assignment after that from logistics team, then inspection at delivery service center, then Actual delivery. Great workflow but sure does have days of lag between each step....

And what is amusing about all this wait time is all the stuff they miss during these "multi inspections"

• Informative
Reactions: number12
Picked our 90D up in Denver on Saturday and been smiling since. However, even after a two hour walk through, I'm still learning how to operate the car. There are so many setting and features. It's not nearly as intuitive as an iPhone. For example, I couldn't figure out how to turn on bio weapons defense mode and tried using voice commands but it failed. I love the car, but it's a little daunting just how many features it has.

For those keeping track of deliveries: According to our DS, this was a slow week and they delivered around 20 cars, but it will pick up to mid-30's per week closer to the end of the quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X
For example, I couldn't figure out how to turn on bio weapons defense mode and tried using voice commands but it failed. I love the car, but it's a little daunting just how many features it has.

Click on the climate control "front" at the bottom of the screen. One of the sections near the top of the window that pops up with be for recirculation, with three options, all in icon form - outside air, recirculate, and bioweapon defense (or an Auto above it.) Click the one you want.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X
Picked our 90D up in Denver on Saturday and been smiling since. However, even after a two hour walk through, I'm still learning how to operate the car. There are so many setting and features. It's not nearly as intuitive as an iPhone. For example, I couldn't figure out how to turn on bio weapons defense mode and tried using voice commands but it failed. I love the car, but it's a little daunting just how many features it has.

For those keeping track of deliveries: According to our DS, this was a slow week and they delivered around 20 cars, but it will pick up to mid-30's per week closer to the end of the quarter.

Wow, Congrats! And good info about the increased production pace. What was your VIN? Mine is 166xx, so I'm hoping to be only a couple weeks out.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11
Picked up Little Nikki yesterday, along with the factory tour.

Took my parents with us to take the tour and be our first passengers.

IMG_0320.jpg

(I love standing up in the back.)

I've already put a nick in the paint, as the trunk door wouldn't stop and it hit the garage door (even manually trying to stop it - whether by hand, or by single click of the remote - wouldn't stop it!):mad: I've tried following the instructions for setting a max height on it, but that's another thread.

I forgot to look before we left, but (by calculating all my driving since) the car had about 15.6 miles on it from the factory - though the minimum odometer reading for the paperwork is apparently 50. I've done about 88 miles myself - which includes a drive to lunch (BTW: eat well before the tour), home, a couple errands, a 50 mile joyride, and the trip to work this morning.

It must be all the fires here in California, because it quickly accumulated a layer of dust. Between the garage eating the trunk door, and all the muck in the air, it's going to be a battle to keep this beauty looking new...

This wait has been painful...made even more so because I had a scheduled delivery date two Fridays ago get cancelled the day before because my 90D apparently wasn't as far along in the production cycle as previously thought. I'm going to be very disappointed if I hear those with a VIN higher than 130xx have already received their X!

I partially have myself to blame because I hesitated quite a bit before finally placing my order. But, even then, my order was confirmed on June 8th (crazy to think that I put down my $5K reservation as far back as mid-July, 2014).

Hoping the delay leads to some unexpected surprises (probably will be disappointed, but is it possible that new autopilot hardware or the 100D battery might get included?)

Went to pickup our Model X today 4PM @ Fremont. The car looked awesome.
We found a few misalignments. And decided to leave the car to fix them.
They offered as to come back later for service, but they were not committing any appointment date.
Hence we left it and not sure when it will be ready. We got a model s loaner.

• Informative
Reactions: 4Amy
Went to pickup our Model X today 4PM @ Fremont. The car looked awesome.
We found a few misalignments. And decided to leave the car to fix them.
They offered as to come back later for service, but they were not committing any appointment date.
Hence we left it and not sure when it will be ready. We got a model s loaner.
Doors or tires or what?

How did you find it? Test drive, computer test, etc

We did not drive or do any detailed look around.

We found the following as it was visible.
1. The driver side door alignment was not even. The door handles show one is slightly upper than other.
2. We found trunk had more gaps on the sides in closing condition.
3. We found the passenger side behind the wheel there was some plastic joint was not perfectly fit with bumper cover. (I am not sure how to explain this).
4. The front passenger side window was not even in fully raised condition.
5. We were not sure the uneven frunk gap is ok or any misalignment.

The service guys will do overall check in our car.

We got the "We are Prepping Your Tesla for Delivery." email yesterday. Hoping to take delivery in the Fremont factory by Tuesday. Our initial delivery date was early September so obviously we are thrilled!

6/23 confirmed, VIN 145xx, Red 75D 6 seater with PUP
Congratulations to you! We ordered a similar build, confirmed 6/17, with a projected delivery date of 8/24 but we have been stuck in the "final stages of production" for just over 2 weeks now with no movement. Oh well. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Ho
We did not drive or do any detailed look around.

We found the following as it was visible.
1. The driver side door alignment was not even. The door handles show one is slightly upper than other.
2. We found trunk had more gaps on the sides in closing condition.
3. We found the passenger side behind the wheel there was some plastic joint was not perfectly fit with bumper cover. (I am not sure how to explain this).
4. The front passenger side window was not even in fully raised condition.
5. We were not sure the uneven frunk gap is ok or any misalignment.

The service guys will do overall check in our car.
How disappointing to have to leave your car behind! Hope it's resolved soon and perfectly!