Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Charge port Door Frozen Shut!

What did you think of the video?

• I enjoyed it.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Please don't make crap like this again. You can do better.

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are you on here then? Please share your list of acceptable posts that are worth your time and I will try to follow your guidelines in the future.

Explain the point of your thread? That water freezes? That water only freezes on Teslas? Your thread title gives off the impression that this is somehow a design/quality flaw with the car, which is why I called it garbage.

The Boring Company has a solution:

the-boring-company-flamethrower-elon-musk-instagram.png

1378E50B-4D77-4230-9005-42C37C5C9C8F.jpeg
E0FC08BD-7ED8-4DE3-9C9D-3374E792C2FA.jpeg
This is my solution I keep in my car for my 14-50 outlet. It’s sort of ridiculous to need this on a 100K car, but it is what is. I’ve lived in New England for 30 years and my gas door froze maybe five times. Second storm with the Model X and it was frozen. All was forgotten the moment my foot hit the accelerator again.

Reactions: hpjtv
View attachment 503273 View attachment 503274 This is my solution I keep in my car for my 14-50 outlet. It’s sort of ridiculous to need this on a 100K car, but it is what is. I’ve lived in New England for 30 years and my gas door froze maybe five times. Second storm with the Model X and it was frozen. All was forgotten the moment my foot hit the accelerator again.

I would suggest adjusting the charge port door stop. It moves in and out when twisted and may help the freezing issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: aesculus