Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Dash Cam Unboxing and Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

New (1) from $315.99 & FREE shipping.
  • specially designed for Tesla Model X
  • Loop recording: automatically overwrites oldest video file with newest
Product Description

Product Information:
Chipset: AIT8328P
Lens: 170 degree 6-layers glass lens
Photo resolution: 1920*1080
Video resolution: 2304*1296 30P
Audio Recording: Support
File Format: Image: JPG; Video: MOV.
Language: Chinese& English

Install Instruction
1.Remove the back cover of the rear view mirror with two hands, need some power, sometimes may needs a small tool
2.Press and take out the connected plugs, the big plug one the cam connect the small plug on the car, the smaller one connect the big one on the car
3.Adjust the position and install the cam on the car, it will also need some power, after install it looks like an original part of the car.
4.Please down load the AITsmartcam App on your phone when you install the Tesla Model X dash cam.
5.Open the WIFI of your phone, it is WIFI-DVR, the password is 1234567890, connect WIFI, then the cam works. Then you can see the video on your phone.

Package :
1. One piece of main part
2. Some foam inside to protect the main part

Details :
The Tesla Model X Dashcam captures of everything you see on the road. It’s designed to help you document driving accidents, parking accidents, hit and runs, insurance fraud, and other scenarios.
The Dashcam is already supplied with a 32GB microSDHC card in the device which can be easily upgraded. No cutting, slicing or dicing. Just pop off the existing trim, push the plugs in and pop on the dashcam trim.
It features built-in WiFi connectivity and a discreet design to act as your witness for any unexpected event you encounter while at the wheel. The free accompanying app allows you to easily play and save your captured video right from your Android or Apple Smartphone.
If you have any other questions please email us freely.

I wonder if that will also work on a AP2 car.

We'd have to see one installed, but the housing seems to be the same size on all Xs including the AP2 cars - a lot of it is just blanked off on older Xs. I see no reason to expect the exact shape of the lower housing to change since the new ones appear to be the same size.

As another poster wrote above, I'd really like to see the voice silenced and I'd like to have motion based recording while parked - but I love how neatly integrated this camera is.

Reactions: frangus6
Really intriguing. On the one hand the easy self-installation adds value over having to pay an installer or tear your car apart yourself. The lack of a rear view camera is a negative. Reliability certainly is a concern for a direct from China product, what sort of customer support do you get it it doesn't work, etc. I think if this was $225 I'd buy in a heart beat, if it had an easy to add rear view camera as well I'd pay the list price....

And knowing my impulsive buying habits, I may end up buying it anyway once a few reviews and sample images are posted.