Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS is Kiley and he has already told me the car completed production on or around the 4th of December. The vehicle then has apparently sat in post-production quality control before it is to be packed up and shipped down to San Diego. What I'm trying to figure out is how everyone on here knows exactly when their car started production....
I think a majority of us just keep checking their MyTesla account or they went by their e-mail. If Tesla was on track you would have gotten a e-mail that said your vehicle has gone into production from a pattern I've seen is a day or two after your My Tesla account updates it. Jackie said the same when I called her on Monday that my car has reach the end of production two days ago and I have not heard anything else. I have a good feeling that I won't hear anything until our DS calls us to pick up because all the updates everyone is getting is really inconsistent. I think mines and yours will arrive the same time. If you see a multi coat red when you pick yours up it's mines! I hope ours arrive next week it's driving me nuts not knowing what happen after production started. While others are in production for 3-5 days... except @hollywood... mine has been 14 days now....

Interesting observation about My Tesla statuses versus e-mails versus what the DS has been communicating. I got an e-mail back on 11/30 saying production was complete and it stayed in production complete on My Tesla up until today (12/15). Now the vehicle says "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory". The delivery timeframe also updated - showing a range that is about a week earlier (went from 1/4 to 12/28 at the high end range). DS also confirmed today my vehicle was in transit - new delivery date of 12/22 scheduled (from 12/15 originally).

Reason I bring this up is the DS also mentioned a new process - the cars are now inspected and fixed up at the factory versus happening at the SC. My current theory is the following happens:
Order placed - e-mail sent
Order confirmed - e-mail sent
"In Production Queue" (on My Tesla) - e-mail sent with VIN
"In Production" (on My Tesla) - e-mail sent
"Production Complete" (not listed on My Tesla) - e-mail sent (DS extrapolates delivery date based on this)
Vehicle inspected at factory before transit - no e-mail sent (timeframe TBD based on how the inspection/fixes go)
"...in transit from the factory" (on My Tesla) - no e-mail sent
???
Profit!

Can anyone else back this up? Pretty sure that is what happened to my car - if that is the case it isn't that the status on "My Tesla" is out of date (per the jokes on this thread), but it may just not show every step in the process.
I totally agree with you and seems that mine shedding on that track currently... I'm stuck at the "in production" email phase.....

Been watching this discussion for awhile so I thought I'd create an account and chime in. I too have been waiting on completion of my Model X for quite some time now and I finally got the confirmation it is complete and will be picking it up today. My vehicle had been in production since Nov 15 so it's taken exactly one month for them to "build". Anyway, I hope this information provides some comfort to others that their X's will be finished and delivered by end of year.

Been watching this discussion for awhile so I thought I'd create an account and chime in. I too have been waiting on completion of my Model X for quite some time now and I finally got the confirmation it is complete and will be picking it up today. My vehicle had been in production since Nov 15 so it's taken exactly one month for them to "build". Anyway, I hope this information provides some comfort to others that their X's will be finished and delivered by end of year.

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the fam!

Please take the time to post pics and a review of your pickup experience, build, quality, etc.

Picked my 90D from the factory today. It was the craziest stormiest Bay Area day in a long time, so things were actually chill in Fremont.
Was the car perfect? Nope. In fact, I was warned by a DS (mine never showed up) that they had detected some issues. Two of the windows had fine scratches on them, and there was a small scratch on the hood. The Alcantara on one of the pillards had an issue. A seal above the FWD was a little off. All this is already scheduled for repair, but I was given the option of doing it at the factory and waiting another hour. I skipped the immediate fix to avoid traffic.

This said, everything else is perfect. Alignment on doors and panels and chromes was right on. Everything works perfectly. No wind noise or rattles. The windshield has no ghosting, even at night. Car is a blast to drive, even in a down pour. Very surefooted. Looks great. Pretty happy!
Congrats on your car!!! How did your wipers do in the rain? Not sure if mine will get better once I use them some more, but mine struggled to remove some water. I pulled it out of the garage to take my daughter out to the bus. It was snowing just a little bit and it all turned to water when it hit the windshield. It took 5 or 6 swipes just to remove all the water it kept leaving behind. Can't blame it on them being frozen because I literally just pulled out of the garage. They seemed a little better later in the day, but not much. Can anyone confirm that they just need broken in a little? Thanks and enjoy your car!! Pretty darn hard not too!!!

Got an email this morning stating that my vehicle is in transit to the SC but yesterday I received a phone call reconfirming my pickup on 12/27. Well, I'm pretty sure it's already there, so I'll go through this chronologically to see if this makes more sense...

6/21: Order Pending (email)
9/16: Deposit received/Financing Approved/Order Placed (emails)
9/23: "Your order will soon be confirmed" (email)
9/24: Order Confirmed/Vin 22xxx Assigned (email) also, refreshed MyTesla
9/25 through 10/11: Numerous daily refreshes to MyTesla -- Nothing changed...and I reached out a couple of times but wasn't a pest.
10/12: "We've started building your Tesla" (email)
10/26: Reached to OA regarding the AP2 - I was told my vehicle was almost ready to be shipped. I was fine with that. No fits thrown.
11/21: Phone call updating me of production status (changes made)
11/21: "Order is complete" (email)
11/22: Order Modified (email)
12/6: "Your Tesla is complete"/Estimated Delivery 12/26/2016 - 1/9/2017(email)
12/7: Followup call to email/Delivery appointment set (it's before 2016 ends and that's all I care about)
12/9: Confirming your delivery (email)
12/10: Followup call to email - DS checked status of the vehicle and said the truck was almost there but they're heavily booked with people who obviously want theirs before Christmas. I told him "no pressure". Delivery was adjusted to 2 days earlier.
12/16: "Your Tesla is on it's way!" (email)

• Helpful
Reactions: hollywood
Welcome!

We picked ours up on Tuesday then had snowpocalypse in Portland so the car has pretty much been sitting in the driveway covered in snow since then. We did take a short trip to the grocery store and the car was just amazing on the snowy/icy roads. Granted it was pretty flat and we didn't drive very fast. It's not supposed to thaw out until Monday so we don't have much driving in our near future.

2016-12-15 07.23.30.jpg

A delivery appointment finally. This has been an exercise in patience.
I'm excited, and I believe that it will be worth the wait.
Titanium 90D 6 seat, tan seats, light interior and Figured Ash, eventually checked all of the options.

7/15: Ordered and requested an early Nov delivery
7/23 Order confirmed
8/28 VIN assigned 19xxx
10/27: Upgraded from Autipilot 1 SW to Enhanced Auto-Pilot
11/16: Entered Production
12/8: Added Full Self-Driving
12/8 Securd financing with Alliant
12/11 Your Tesla is complete (email)
12/11 My Tesla updated to "Your vehicle has been built and is in transit"
12/15: Deliver Manager called to schedule my delivery for 12/22

I agree that MyTesla lags with updates. My delivery manager told me that the car is scheduled to arrive on 12/20.

I drove by the Rockville, MD SC this afternoon, and my X had just been unloaded from the truck. It was projected to arrive on 12/20 with pickup on 12/22.
Maybe I will get it a few days earlier. It was too dark to inspect.