Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up yesterday. It's flawless. I love it but I have some learning to do!

Attachments

• IMG_3849.JPG
    IMG_3849.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Sceeter
Picked mine up yesterday. It's flawless. I love it but I have some learning to do!
Love the black on black! My wife and I couldn't agree on a black but we both like the red so we went ahead with the red.

Contacted my DS today and she told me she's still can expect to have the car delivered by Friday if it ships tomorrow but she does not know what the hold up is as well....word is that it's still in the factory but apparently finished with production just waiting to be assigned to a truck for delivery....? She said that from the looks of it that if it doesn't get shipped tomorrow definitely next week for delivery but I am leaving out of town...I really hope it's assigned tomorrow...
I'm worried now because my loan hits the 30 day mark soon and I don't want to have another credit pull....

Love the black on black! My wife and I couldn't agree on a black but we both like the red so we went ahead with the red.

Contacted my DS today and she told me she's still can expect to have the car delivered by Friday if it ships tomorrow but she does not know what the hold up is as well....word is that it's still in the factory but apparently finished with production just waiting to be assigned to a truck for delivery....? She said that from the looks of it that if it doesn't get shipped tomorrow definitely next week for delivery but I am leaving out of town...I really hope it's assigned tomorrow...
I'm worried now because my loan hits the 30 day mark soon and I don't want to have another credit pull....

Fly up to Fremont! LOL. Good luck bro

Reactions: pchengMX
my DS had told me "we are estimating that your Tesla will be complete shortly before Christmas.". It's already 20th and my car is still in production, I don' t think they can made it and very worried that It can not be delivered by end of years given the end of year vacation periods. Does anyone know whether Fremont Factory will be shutdown or not during the Christmas?

Picked up the Model X this morning. The whole process took about 2 hours from start to finish. I was trading in my MS, which was a totally painless affair.

Arrived around 930AM at Mt. Kisco location NY, there were 2 other deliveries scheduled at the same time. There was 1 DS per delivery plus 1 extra person to show the car and walk us around. I had requested that the car was NOT detailed as I am getting it opticoated this weekend. The car was washed, but I was surprised how many scratches and swirls the car has from the factory. Pretty much all over there are light swirl marks and scratches on the clear coat of the car. The DS explained that during transit, while removing the plastic covers, dusting snow etc, the car gets a lot of abuse which has to be detailed before delivery. I did get a chance to look at the other delivery cars and while the finish was much better than mine, I get why my opticoat detailer recommended to get paint correction before opticoating. Although the Tesla detailing on the other cars is great, I did see imperfections in the paint. I have posted some photos of the car BEFORE detailing and opticoating. Ill post some more photos this weekend once I get the car done.

Delivery : Pretty much flawless. All documents were drawn up, the actual paperwork took no more than 10 mins. Ample time was provided to look over the car, was not rushed at all, had someone to answer any questions we had. The tech was not super well informed about the new AP2.0 features, but the DS was able to answer the more technical questions. The car came with a front sunshade, all chargers and the phone dock. The dock was not installed, which they installed on request. Received an umbrella, pen and mug as swag.

Pros : Coming from a MS, the first impression was overwhelming. The huge HUGE windshield, higher seating and of course the ostentatious but totally cool FWD are quite breathtaking to take in all at once! Its different when you have a static view inside a showroom and when you see your car in real life. I almost forgot about the checklist and was fiddling with the car more than checking for defects for the first 30 mins. Luckily I did bring an impartial friend (which I HIGHLY recommend) who helped me walk around and note any issues with the fit and finish of the vehicle. White interior is simply amazing against the OBM exterior, even without the gloss and finish on the exterior looks stunning. The technician quickly set up the main screen for us, went over new features and basic usage of the car.

Cons : Very few and cosmetic in nature.
Swirls all around the cars clear coat finish (I do not really want to count that in the cons section, as I requested that the car was not detailed), however I was surprised how MANY defects are present in the paint before delivery.
There were some minor mis aligned panels which the DS noted to get fixed at a later date. Front Bumper was misaligned on passenger side and both FWD were misaligned by about 1cm.
The front console has a lot of scratches which I pointed out the the DS.
One of the seats was dirty, which was immediately cleaned with a wet cloth and looked great. There were some scratches on the inside trim (very small but noted by DS).
The car had not received the firmware update on delivery, so it is still rocking the older firmware, DS said that it will be a couple days before that rolls out to my car.
I wanted to purchase the performance pedals, sunshades and mats and touch up paint and they had nothing in stock. Recommended online purchase. DS and tech had no idea about which all weather mats to purchase at this time and had none in stock to even try out.

Overall experience :
Delivery : 9/10 : Docked a point for not having any items in stock (literally nothing!). Also for not being able to answer many questions about AP2.0.

Trade in : 10/10 : Perfect experience. Tech cleaned out my car, took of plates (i forgot the carseat in the frunk) and transferred everything into the MX

Issues resolution : undetermined/10 : DS said he would get back to me after the new year to resolve the issues with the fit and finish as they were very busy with deliveries. Ill update when I see some response from Tesla team.

Old MS vs New MX :
I had a very early MS (P8166) so the seats were the FIRST thing that struck out to me when I sat in the car. Extremely comfortable, super soft and just amazing while driving.

The ride is much more comfortable than the MS, more lofty feel while riding the car. However the experience (acceleration, cornering, breaking and response) is almost the same. I thought Ill miss the sedan feel, but I was surprised how this SUV was as good as a sedan when it comes to handling

Doors and keyfob: This is where I was puzzled for the entire day. The FWD buttons did not work all day. The only way I could open the FWD was with the key fob. The DS noted that in the issues section and said its probably the firmware update which will fix the issue. Got home, then realized that I was so used to the self presenting handles giving me a VISUAL feedback that the doors were unlocked. Looked in settings, and ofcourse the car was set to unlock driver door only!!! Changed it to unlock all doors and BAM! Everything is working perfectly. So previous MS users, keep that in mind.

Overall : The car is amazing! Almost flawless off the bat. No excess wind noise at higher speeds. No rattling areas. Great overall delivery and driving experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 69
Picked up the Model X this morning. The whole process took about 2 hours from start to finish. I was trading in my MS, which was a totally painless affair.

Arrived around 930AM at Mt. Kisco location NY, there were 2 other deliveries scheduled at the same time. There was 1 DS per delivery plus 1 extra person to show the car and walk us around. I had requested that the car was NOT detailed as I am getting it opticoated this weekend. The car was washed, but I was surprised how many scratches and swirls the car has from the factory. Pretty much all over there are light swirl marks and scratches on the clear coat of the car. The DS explained that during transit, while removing the plastic covers, dusting snow etc, the car gets a lot of abuse which has to be detailed before delivery. I did get a chance to look at the other delivery cars and while the finish was much better than mine, I get why my opticoat detailer recommended to get paint correction before opticoating. Although the Tesla detailing on the other cars is great, I did see imperfections in the paint. I have posted some photos of the car BEFORE detailing and opticoating. Ill post some more photos this weekend once I get the car done.

Delivery : Pretty much flawless. All documents were drawn up, the actual paperwork took no more than 10 mins. Ample time was provided to look over the car, was not rushed at all, had someone to answer any questions we had. The tech was not super well informed about the new AP2.0 features, but the DS was able to answer the more technical questions. The car came with a front sunshade, all chargers and the phone dock. The dock was not installed, which they installed on request. Received an umbrella, pen and mug as swag.

Pros : Coming from a MS, the first impression was overwhelming. The huge HUGE windshield, higher seating and of course the ostentatious but totally cool FWD are quite breathtaking to take in all at once! Its different when you have a static view inside a showroom and when you see your car in real life. I almost forgot about the checklist and was fiddling with the car more than checking for defects for the first 30 mins. Luckily I did bring an impartial friend (which I HIGHLY recommend) who helped me walk around and note any issues with the fit and finish of the vehicle. White interior is simply amazing against the OBM exterior, even without the gloss and finish on the exterior looks stunning. The technician quickly set up the main screen for us, went over new features and basic usage of the car.

Cons : Very few and cosmetic in nature.
Swirls all around the cars clear coat finish (I do not really want to count that in the cons section, as I requested that the car was not detailed), however I was surprised how MANY defects are present in the paint before delivery.
There were some minor mis aligned panels which the DS noted to get fixed at a later date. Front Bumper was misaligned on passenger side and both FWD were misaligned by about 1cm.
The front console has a lot of scratches which I pointed out the the DS.
One of the seats was dirty, which was immediately cleaned with a wet cloth and looked great. There were some scratches on the inside trim (very small but noted by DS).
The car had not received the firmware update on delivery, so it is still rocking the older firmware, DS said that it will be a couple days before that rolls out to my car.
I wanted to purchase the performance pedals, sunshades and mats and touch up paint and they had nothing in stock. Recommended online purchase. DS and tech had no idea about which all weather mats to purchase at this time and had none in stock to even try out.

Overall experience :
Delivery : 9/10 : Docked a point for not having any items in stock (literally nothing!). Also for not being able to answer many questions about AP2.0.

Trade in : 10/10 : Perfect experience. Tech cleaned out my car, took of plates (i forgot the carseat in the frunk) and transferred everything into the MX

Issues resolution : undetermined/10 : DS said he would get back to me after the new year to resolve the issues with the fit and finish as they were very busy with deliveries. Ill update when I see some response from Tesla team.

Old MS vs New MX :
I had a very early MS (P8166) so the seats were the FIRST thing that struck out to me when I sat in the car. Extremely comfortable, super soft and just amazing while driving.

The ride is much more comfortable than the MS, more lofty feel while riding the car. However the experience (acceleration, cornering, breaking and response) is almost the same. I thought Ill miss the sedan feel, but I was surprised how this SUV was as good as a sedan when it comes to handling

Doors and keyfob: This is where I was puzzled for the entire day. The FWD buttons did not work all day. The only way I could open the FWD was with the key fob. The DS noted that in the issues section and said its probably the firmware update which will fix the issue. Got home, then realized that I was so used to the self presenting handles giving me a VISUAL feedback that the doors were unlocked. Looked in settings, and ofcourse the car was set to unlock driver door only!!! Changed it to unlock all doors and BAM! Everything is working perfectly. So previous MS users, keep that in mind.

Overall : The car is amazing! Almost flawless off the bat. No excess wind noise at higher speeds. No rattling areas. Great overall delivery and driving experience.

@toxicpenguin Excellent write up! Very informative! Sounds like we had similarly good experiences and deliveries (except I had them detail it since we don't get Suntek film until next week)

Arrived around 930AM at Mt. Kisco location NY,

Picking mine up at Mt Kisco -hopefully- next week. Hoping to drive away from the experience as happy as you did.

Picking mine up at Mt Kisco -hopefully- next week. Hoping to drive away from the experience as happy as you did.
I'm sure you will! Who is your DS? Mine was Sam. One thing I did notice (and there is a thread on it) is that my feet are super cold in the car. Didn't have that with the MS. I know it's a bigger cabin, but I feel that the auto settings are too low to effectively cool the feet areas. Or something with the vents there?
I recommend to have the heat turned on at delivery time and see how you feel in the car after it has warmed up to 75 degrees. It may be something with adjusting vents or resetting the auto settings but it might save you a trip back to the service center.

Picked up mine on 12/17. Was amazed at how good it looked. I'm not obsessed about it being perfect and an few blemishes/scuff marks dont bother me. They will eventually happen.
There was a small crack in the windshield which I brought to the service managers attention which they asked me to schedule an appointment. Will do next week.
Two days after pick up(set up the home link, High suspension for steep driveway...all these are GPS related activities) the GPS is stuck showing the car at home despite driving around the city. Map shows up but not tracking and the red arrowhead stays at one position(home). Reset the display panel and dashboard screen, disconnected wifi so it takes only LTE but that did not fix it. I suspect the GPS antenna is faulty. Called the service center and they want me to bring it in next week. Did any one else have any issues with this month deliveries.
I don't mind taking it in this time but if other problems creep up I'm not sure I have the time to drive all the way each time. I guess I did not factor this into decision when buying the car(didn't cross my mind).
Hopefully this is it and after fixing this issue will just require once a year service.
Also waiting for the EAP and SDHC to get functional!!!Maybe I can just send the car without having to drive it

You know you will get the car, why not just tell them to start the loan?