Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update2: Just called DS and he said vehicle is not ready yet. Moved appointment to Friday. I'm completely disappointed on the customer service.

I had the same experience. Got a call last week to tentatively set up delivery appointment for today. Found out yesterday car not ready so rescheduled to later this week. Car still not out of production though. My order confirmed on 11/13. Disheartening to see others confirm and delivered in a much shorter time period since. Now I worry there's an issue with my car that they're trying to fix.

I had the same experience. Got a call last week to tentatively set up delivery appointment for today. Found out yesterday car not ready so rescheduled to later this week. Car still not out of production though. My order confirmed on 11/13. Disheartening to see others confirm and delivered in a much shorter time period since. Now I worry there's an issue with my car that they're trying to fix.
I'm not sure if they have even started making my car yet. I feel like they are very busy at making other cars at the moment.

Are most of you financing or leasing? We leased our Model S and ended up putting WAY too many miles than the allowed 15K/year. For this reason I'm leaning towards financing the Model X.

You can see a discussion on that very topic here:

Is it actually smart to lease a Tesla?

For myself, I decided that the leasing cost was far far too expensive for a Tesla.

I lease a Chevy Volt for around 300 a month with nothing down. Different story there.

Production compete email came in today. MyTesla not updated yet. After the agony of 50 production days, I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

Thanks for the support through it all.
FInally good to see your progression has started. My DS scheduled my appointment for this Friday. MyTesla still says it's in production. But I got an email to confirm delivery most likely from my DS. Also got a final contract email about how to make the down payment for Tesla. Contract is dated for his Friday so I am hoping it's right on time. My DS was busy with deliveries all day so she never got back to me on any updates so I am hoping she will get back to me tomorrow.... I'm still up in the blue because MyTesla still says "in production" but I have an agreement contract loaded into MyTesla...keeping fingers crossed...

FInally good to see your progression has started. My DS scheduled my appointment for this Friday. MyTesla still says it's in production. But I got an email to confirm delivery most likely from my DS. Also got a final contract email about how to make the down payment for Tesla. Contract is dated for his Friday so I am hoping it's right on time. My DS was busy with deliveries all day so she never got back to me on any updates so I am hoping she will get back to me tomorrow.... I'm still up in the blue because MyTesla still says "in production" but I have an agreement contract loaded into MyTesla...keeping fingers crossed...

I'm getting the car delivered, so things are a little different. Everything via internet and mail. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: pchengMX
Picked up mine today! Don't rush them guys! Alignment of FWD was good but I had some paint defects hopefully some buffing will fix those! Overall minor issues with paint and my car being black is easy to spot! If this was a white car maybe I wouldn't notice!

IMG_3040.JPG

Update2: Just called DS and he said vehicle is not ready yet. Moved appointment to Friday. I'm completely disappointed on the customer service.
Not sure how you could possibly be disappointed in Tesla's customer service when the DS is willing to stay until 10pm to try to get your car ready for you? Seems like over-and-above service to me...!? Just because it isn't ready doesn't mean it's a customer service issue - if anything Tesla stretches expectations by trying to rush deliveries for customers which can lead to some disappointments if it doesn't come together in time but it's better than them just telling you it will be here when it gets here and not trying to push the delivery for you.

Am I missing something else?

What's weird is that in the production complete email, it said that I can expect the car by late November-Dec. Similar to MyTesla. Somebody hadn't been updating the website on my behalf for awhile.
In my case, updates to the web site always coincided with a manual email from the DS. My impression is that there are no automatic updates done.

It really wasn't until delivery day when everything was synced on MyTesla for me -- so they could collect payment and indicate delivery.