Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fuuuuu.jpg
Yes and they said that the windshield is now coming from Fremont and they don't know when it will be there. I will call them again tomorrow since they haven't bothered to call me.

I must say that I am having my doubts about Tesla right now. When or IF I FINALLY do take delivery of the vehicle, it will be an awkward moment because of my disappointment. I seriously would've bought a different car if I could've seen this coming.

I have a feeling you might change your mind after you take delivery, if it's any consolation...

• Helpful
Reactions: MisterT2 and Finder
I have a feeling you might change your mind after you take delivery, if it's any consolation...
Agreed - just remember to watch some videos and get excited about it again a few days before the delivery happens. I always try to remind myself that these are real people at the end of the day and these things happen despite everyone's best intentions. Nobody wanted that windshield to crack - or the replacement for that matter.

I would also be furious if this happened to me by the way, so not trying to minimize the inconvenience this must be causing. I would have been really mad to miss the tax credit (and not have the car for so long). I had a similar situation where a windshield had to be replaced twice on a car (not my MX) and it was super annoying - this must be a lot worse.

I am happier with my purchase now than I was before I took delivery (or the day of delivery) if it counts for anything. I am probably going to need to give up the car for a little while as they fix minor issues but will have a Tesla loaner while it is in the shop so no big deal. The MX feels like a space ship when you drive it - just amazing car.

I am sure they will have it sorted soon and will make it right if you give them the chance. I like to judge folks by how they make it right versus the random stuff that can happen - will be good to hear how your saga comes to a close. Keep the faith!

Haven't gotten around to posting yet, but I picked up my Solid white MX 60D on 12/30. Process went fairly smoothly, although they were quite busy in Paramus so it felt a bit rushed. The 2nd row seats had a glitch which took a half hour to resolve. Other than that the car seems good. Trim alignment is fine for my tastes. The accessory hitch was missing, so they'll have to send me one.

Have been spending lots of time fiddling with settings, and installing accessories like the abstract ocean LED upgrade. After some time I found the wiring under the driver & passanger seats for LEDs even though I don't have PUP. The only one I haven't been able to do is the rear hatch, the trim is too hard. The plastic trim around the tracks of the driver seat is loose, will have to get that fixed on. No issues with the FWD other than accidentally closing them on us several times. Had to disable that one click on the fob.

Other than that, just loving driving the car around the town. Look forward to when the weather improves and I can take it for a long drive (with EAP soon hopefully).

Wrapping up my pickup experience... picked it from the factory on 29th as per the last minute schedule. Documentation was taking a little long so skipped the tour (had done it before anyway). Skipped the presentation since I had watched the videos for the last 3 months. Went to the "tent" to pickup the car. They were still working on the final prep. I let them do that while I went over the delivery spreadsheet. I found one slightly misaligned trim near the rear passenger door. Otherwise no issues at all! Driving home was fun. I really like the handling especially cornering. The interiors feel really "techie" but don't really have a luxury feel. The feel and sound of various control knobs is too "harsh". The biggest concern was parking the car in the garage. Its doesn't like one wall and one FWD refuses to open. The garage door opener also comes dangerously close to the FWDs. I was sure that sooner or later that was a accident waiting to happen. Was looking into replacing it with a low profile or side mounted opener. Then I realized that if I back into the garage, the FWDs remain clear of the garage door and opener. Its a pain to do that every time but I guess I'll have to live with it.

Haven't gotten around to posting yet, but I picked up my Solid white MX 60D on 12/30. Process went fairly smoothly, although they were quite busy in Paramus so it felt a bit rushed.

Just curious, how busy was it in Paramus on 12/30? I picked up my MX 60D from Paramus on a snowy 12/17 and the last picture you posted of your MX in the delivery room, during my pickup there were 6 cars being delivered in that room at the same time. And it seemed that as soon as 1 or 2 cars drove away, they were pulling more cars into that room for deliveries later in the day.

One other thing I noticed is that of the 6 cars in the delivery room, 2 were MS and 4 were MX. ALL of the MX were 60D.

Just curious, how busy was it in Paramus on 12/30? I picked up my MX 60D from Paramus on a snowy 12/17 and the last picture you posted of your MX in the delivery room, during my pickup there were 6 cars being delivered in that room at the same time. And it seemed that as soon as 1 or 2 cars drove away, they were pulling more cars into that room for deliveries later in the day.

One other thing I noticed is that of the 6 cars in the delivery room, 2 were MS and 4 were MX. ALL of the MX were 60D.

It was at 6 PM but still quite busy, there were 3 or 4 cars in the pickup room, I think 3 MX and 1 MS. I did not enjoy pulling my brand new MX onto a dark and snowy Route 17 at rush hour :)

Agreed - just remember to watch some videos and get excited about it again a few days before the delivery happens. I always try to remind myself that these are real people at the end of the day and these things happen despite everyone's best intentions. Nobody wanted that windshield to crack - or the replacement for that matter.

I would also be furious if this happened to me by the way, so not trying to minimize the inconvenience this must be causing. I would have been really mad to miss the tax credit (and not have the car for so long). I had a similar situation where a windshield had to be replaced twice on a car (not my MX) and it was super annoying - this must be a lot worse.

I am happier with my purchase now than I was before I took delivery (or the day of delivery) if it counts for anything. I am probably going to need to give up the car for a little while as they fix minor issues but will have a Tesla loaner while it is in the shop so no big deal. The MX feels like a space ship when you drive it - just amazing car.

I am sure they will have it sorted soon and will make it right if you give them the chance. I like to judge folks by how they make it right versus the random stuff that can happen - will be good to hear how your saga comes to a close. Keep the faith!
As I've mentioned before, it's really hard for me to be mean to such friendly people. However, I felt pretty belittled, so I spoke up (politely) and they responded with a little surprise to keep me happy. I am getting that tax credit for 2016 because I already paid, signed the papers and was sort of taking delivery of my X that morning. With that said, my X is basically in service, so it justified this loaner which they surprised me with today. It's a Model S 90D and I'm really enjoying it!

Attachments

• IMG_9231.JPG
    IMG_9231.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 44
As long as you got it titled in your name in 2016 you should be OK, if you didn't get it titled then I don't think you can claim the credit on your 2016 taxes.
Interesting and you have a great point. The insurance kicked in on 12/27/16 (not sure how much that matters) and the registration was submitted and they placed the sticker on the back plate. I took video of it sitting in the garage at the service center but didn't think to snap a photo.