Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not wanting to belittle anybodys experience and having been in the modified and show car scene for many years, so picky is my middle name, but do we think that these faults are getting rectified on rejected vehicles or just passed on to people with their Tesla goggles on and just happy to be behind the wheel

Reactions: Static_X
Great resource! Unfortunately it seems that it is only applicable to NEW vehicles. We picked up our used MX yesterday, and the rep made it clear that they do not fix anything on the used vehicles. Unless it's something covered by warranty, like a door not opening. This is our second try, since the first used MX we bought, we refused due to lots of damage outside and inside that was not reflected in the pictures. They did offer to buff out a few scratches, but wouldnt repair the ripped seats, even though the pics did not show any damage at all.

This time, the MX was as we saw in the pictures and we drove off into the sunset, happy and very much $70K less rich :).

I actually found that while I was going through delivery I was sort of rushing through stuff. The most important piece is when you select "accept delivery" on your Tesla account, it's yours to make a service appointment for. Check out this slightly shorter checklist if you're looking to push through but still want to QC your new car.

My Model X Delivery Day Checklist

Please disregard. DELETE! Duplicate post....I need more coffee...

I
I created a Google Docs document for this that anybody with this link can edit. The formatting got messed up a bit during the transfer. Tesla Model X Checklist.pdf - Google Docs

This document is (so far) the combination of the work of Nick Howe, FarmerDave and Mark Z. Please don't share it outside TMC.

Let's see how this goes, I may need to switch it to "suggestions only" if a Wikipedia-style approach doesn't work.

I leased a 2016 MX P90D for three years and bought a Hyundai Palisade in December. Just bought a 24’ boat and am now considering leasing another MX LR so I can tow it. I gotta say, now that Tesla has outsourced inspection to the customer, this is a very intimidating process.

What makes it intimidating is that I have no pictures of correct versus incorrect issues for the non obvious things (panel gaps). Does anyone know if a list is floating around with pictures of the incorrect issues? Thanks for your work on this list.

I would be willing to pay someone in Houston $100 to go with me to delivery and help me with the inspection should I go through with it.

When I took delivery of my 3 it was perfect, save for a small tear in the driver seat. I got the white seats and it wasn’t noticeable.

tesla was honest and pointed it out to me, I wouldn’t have noticed. Anyway, they said I could refuse delivery or they can schedule to get it fixed when they have a replacement. A month later I got an entire new chair. I’m glad I took delivery.

Reactions: FalconFuel
I think this checklist would be MOST useful to give to TESLA and their outlets .. they have a vested interest in getting better. I test drove an AUDI e-Tron 55 Sportback and I have to say the finish was superb ... the dealer constantly raised the TESLA poor quality control. But the e-Tron has a range of 400km ... but price is almost exactly same as Tesla X ....

In case you couldn’t find anyone, you can get a Tasker from Taskrabbit, pay them less than $100 to help you inspect the car. An extra pair of eyes is always helpful. ;)

That's an interesting idea. Wondering - would Tesla let a Tasker review it without the buyer present? Kind of like a PPI? If they reject, great. If they accept (or accept after scheduling a service appt), I go pick it up.

• Funny
Reactions: DIL