Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - delivery comments and issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that deliveries have started, its probably worth while having a thread to help us new owners navigate through any issues...

Delivery experience was just ok, they were pushing a lot of cars through so attention to detail was a little light on. There were a few marks from the shipping wrap that needed to be removed, and in places the car was still dirty from all the rain but fair play to Adam and the team in Sydney (Artarmon) for getting the car out so quickly and trying to make the most of the delivery experience.

Main issue as far as I am concerned is the lack of AP2, a 7k feature that I have paid for and not received. No problem if we actually get it in the next couple of weeks, bigger problem if it is months.

Second issue noticed so far concerns the operation of the front doors. If the car is on a slight slope the doors behave unpredictably. On a downward slope (right to left roll) opening the front passenger door caused the door to fling open quite violently into a tree on the side of the road. Trying to open the drivers side is met with high resistance. Fortunately no damage, but a bit scary. Took car back to Tesla and was told its a known issue and a bug fix should be available shortly. So..be careful. Park on the flat..

• Informative
Reactions: Murbs
Good idea. Picking mine up tomorrow. Will report back. Thanks for the heads up on the doors.

I have to say that the lack of comms over the past three weeks, despite multiple calls and emails is just not good enough. I even had to cajole them to get an accurate invoice. It has actually diminished the experience quite a bit. I can only think they are understaffed.

Hope tomorrow surprises to the upside.

Hi guys, glad you got your cars, and welcome to the bleeding edge!
If it's any consolation you can look forward to years of progressive improvement.
As for the comms, they are notoriously slow to reply, but always helpful when they do. It's almost like their mail servers have an inbuilt delay.