Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X door no longer open fully automatically without USS (ultra-sonic sensors)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m so happy they finally fixed this. Can someone confirm if the passenger door is also autopresenting again?

I can confirm! 😄

I just got 2024.14.9 last week, but hoping this new update hits quickly. I’ve been waiting on the door update since I got the X last May.

Same here! I'm not even joking when I say that the problem with the doors not opening fully, and the turn signal buttons, are 99% of the reason why we even started considering going for another car next time.

I got the 2024.20.1 update yesterday... But my 2016 doesn't have anything different in the menus that I can see (described above and it is not there on mine) and the door performance still seems to be in stages.

IF I walk up to the car by the nose the door will open 1-2 inches and stop, when I walk next to the rear door THEN it will open further and usually fully. If I walk directly up to the side of the car or from the rear, it usually does not open more than the 1-2 inches and hold.

I got the 2024.20.1 update yesterday... But my 2016 doesn't have anything different in the menus that I can see (described above and it is not there on mine) and the door performance still seems to be in stages.

IF I walk up to the car by the nose the door will open 1-2 inches and stop, when I walk next to the rear door THEN it will open further and usually fully. If I walk directly up to the side of the car or from the rear, it usually does not open more than the 1-2 inches and hold.
I wonder if that's the expected behavior so the door doesn't hit you as it swings open?

I finally got the software update alert about an hour ago and installed it. The doors definitely open further, though I’m still working on figuring out the walk up option as it doesn’t seem to be consistent. Both front doors open fully when using the controls inside. Definitely nice to have the door option finally. Just wish they’d fix the skip between favorites on XM that they broke back at Christmas. Once that is done then I won’t need anything else software wise.

On my 2016, it still is behaving badly - if you try opening it when standing right next to it or walk up from the back or directly up to the side of the car, it will fight you after opening 1-2 inches. Even if you HIT THE BUTTON ON THE CAR it stops after 2 inches and fights you.

And yet sometimes it seems like it wants to function correctly. I have not sorted out what the difference is, but it HAD been working just fine until they broke it months ago.

So annoying that they broke this.

Anyone on 20.3 with this issue? Today is 3rd day of that rollout.
When my car park inside garage, 2024.14.9 sensors didn't show up at all, FWD and tailgate all ways open full height. After installed 2024.20.1, all sensors show up again. FWD and tailgate open low. Just installed 2024.20.3 today, so far works normal as well.
IMG_6848.jpeg