Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x headrests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How would anyone on here know what would be in the next update?
When you sit in your X and adjust the seat position front to back is the headrest at an incorrect place for your head? Do you find it too high or too low for your seats position?

While we are on the headrest subject: It seems a lot of the rear visibility issues with the 7 seater could be resolved by having a headrest that is either shorter of somehow retracts, in the middle row center seat. If Tesla could design something that got out of the way whenever the seat was not occupied it would greatly increase rear visibility out the back window.

Reactions: flar
I don't get why people want rear visibility from rear view mirror when there's a 17" screen display with a much better view.

The reason people want better rear visibility is because the 17" is a terrible rear view. Not only is it's position too low, causing you to take your peripheral vision away from the road in front, but it lacks any 3D perspective, so it's difficult to tell how far away a vehicle is.

I would settle for the Gentech hybrid rear view mirror that is both a screen for a rear-view camera and can function as a simple rear view mirror.

Reactions: flar and AnOutsider
My 6-seat Model X has a perfectly acceptable view through the rear mirror. It's markedly better if the rear seat headrests are folded down, which is how we keep them. This is the feature that the second row center seat (in 7-seat configurations) could use. After reading about how bad the view would be through the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could see quite well out the back.

My biggest complaint with my 6 seater and the rear view mirror is how dark it is. Sometimes I miss objects or they are harder to see because of the tint. The width of the view is as wide as it can be through the glass though.

And I am with vandacca. I would love to see what the hybrid mirror would look like and the removal of the side mirrors. Hoping for an upgrade some day.

What more would a larger mirror show? The mirror shows all there is to see out the back window and then some.
The thing that annoys me about the mirror, for whatever reason, is that it seems like the shape is upside down. The 2d view out of the back window is a trapezoid with the top being wider than the bottom (due to depth/distance). The mirror is a trapezoid with the top being narrower than the bottom. I even tried spinning the mirror all the way around, but it doesn't quite make it. It's pretty minor, and probably ridiculous. But I did notice it..