Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have progressed from "confirmed" to "entered the production queue" this morning. Do you think I was a little too pessimistic about June delivery?

It's just a new look&feel in the My-Tesla. Everyone with a confirmed Tesla see this since this morning. There is however a new "red link" and when you click on it, a new well designed section explain the delivery process. Nice information: We are supposed to get a VIN ~5 weeks before delivery

It's just a new look&feel in the My-Tesla. Everyone with a confirmed Tesla see this since this morning. There is however a new "red link" and when you click on it, a new well designed section explain the delivery process. Nice information: We are supposed to get a VIN ~5 weeks before delivery

Valuable information, thanks Macgaver. If you are ahead of me on the production line, I will try not to bump into your vehicle, but if I get a chance to sneak ahead of you, I will take it!

Valuable information, thanks Macgaver. If you are ahead of me on the production line, I will try not to bump into your vehicle, but if I get a chance to sneak ahead of you, I will take it!

If it's true we only have 25 Signatures in Canada ... we will probably get it the very same day ... And meet at the Supercharger ~4h after delivery (I won't strong enough to stop driving, Superchargers will have to save me :)

If it's true we only have 25 Signatures in Canada ... we will probably get it the very same day ... And meet at the Supercharger ~4h after delivery (I won't strong enough to stop driving, Superchargers will have to save me :)

Superchargers? Who needs those? My vehicle can pull a 5,000lb trailer. I will load up a Signature red trailer with as many fully charged "Powerwalls" as will fit, & drive off into the sunset!:biggrin:

Tesla Model X - Reserved early April 2014 - Canada , Order Completed 1-Feb-2016, Order Confirmed 8-Feb-2016

Nothing new to report out west. My wife reserved in Oct 2013 and reserved on January 05 2016, so it looks like eastern Canada has priority.

Good Plan !

next months are going to be very long months... My expectation is to have it at the end of April. If Q2 is really the International deliveries as they said, Signatures have to be at the very beginning of Q2.

Thanks, I will pass your optimistic expectation on to my wife, she will be so pleased. :biggrin: Since my birthday is mid April she may be able to use the Model X as MY birthday present?

The official govt website is now updated to reflect the new rules. All orders not actually purchased our affected. The few who actually paid for the Model Sig X may possibly not be affected. Everyone else gets screwed.

Tesla Motors, 2016, Model S Sedan, All trim levels

$3,000
$999
$2,001

$3,000
Tesla Motors, 2016, Model X, All trim levels
$3,000
$999
$2,001
$3,000

On a personal level because of the unexpected high price and also the exchange rates I will be cancelling my order. It sounds like the base Model-X in Canada will be at least $120k + tax = approx $130k. Then a $3k rebate. So $127K. Winter package and a few extras I'd be looking at $135K and this is best case scenario. Combine that with expected problems with the gull wing doors and risks of chips and cracks with the windows and its just too much to pay for a car. When I ordered it 3 + years ago ( I'm a top 100 reservation in Canada) I was originally expecting it to be about $87.5K-$90K after rebates.

There are a lot of new electric and PHEV offering coming out now such as Audi, Porsche, BMW, and Volvo . Some of them like Audi and Volume will qualify for the new and more generous rebates and come in at about 60% of the Telsa Model-X price. Its an easy decision at this stage if i want to stage electric. However , with oil prices this low for the foreseeable future I might not even bother .

Shame on the government for not also rebating these vehicles at the same rate as the others . Penalizing the pioneers. I can assure you that at least 50-60% of the Canadian Model-X orders will be cancelled.

At least I made some money on my $5K deposit : )

i am so mad that we canadian have to pay a lot more for tesla, we dont make more money than americans,hope someday we become american state, everything will be better then. btw there are 40 sig reservation in canada not 25. ds told me, and model x will be 150000 plus tax 90d with most of options.

Nice to see that we have some new link on the site indicating we are now in the Production Queue but I'm not sure that is progress. As Macgaver mentions actually getting a VIN would be nice, then a long 5 more weeks or so to actually see the car.....

Quoted by Uncle Paul in the thread 'Met the X- what next?'
*Staff indicated that manufacturing was being very attentive to initial quality for these first cars. Were more worried about shipping something not of the highest standard than putting them out quickly, before quality could be obtained.