TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X in showrooms?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dfdtruckie, Jun 30, 2015.

1. dfdtruckie

dfdtruckie Member

Hello, does anyone know when there will be a model X on display in the store?

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Probably better asked after the first one is delivered :). Expect that to happen (maybe) in September.

3. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I'm thinking that assuming the September deliveries happen, they will probably get some into showrooms in December or so.

4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I hope you are wrong on this, not sure I can deal with another 6 months of beating a mule to death.

5. mspisars

mspisars Member

Well, we know where to get non-mule shots come September, right Bonnie?

6. lodenthal

lodenthal Member

Bonnie is our "early warning system"...

7. Cal1

Cal1 Member

With all the hoopla about ordering sight unseen, I thought the sales centers would get actual cars when ordering goes live. Inprobable that they would actually expect you to commit to something you have never even seen much less driven. Did they do this on the roadsters?

8. bonnie

Yes. Quite a few of the first buyers paid upfront for a car they hadn't seen yet, not even knowing if the company would stay in business - but believing in the vision. Without them, there would likely be no Tesla today. (And a few of them are here on this forum.)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm washing my hair that night. :)

9. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

My understanding is that Tesla has built a sizable amount of X production candidate vehicles that they've been using for testing (Elon has indicated that Tesla has chosen to do a more extensive testing of this candidate fleet than occurred with the Model S, and I believe this also meant more candidate vehicles with the X, though I'm not sure this was explicitly stated). Perhaps some of these vehicles will make their way to stores around the time deliveries begin or even a bit before.

10. bonnie

In all seriousness, depending on how life works out at whatever point in time I take delivery, I'll probably take a road trip & visit family and friends. I'll post my route as I stop at different superchargers, so if people want to come see an early X, I'm open.

That's assuming, of course, that they're still fairly rare. If not, you'll have seen as much as you want to see. :)

11. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Big thanks to early Roadster owners and looking forward to Bonnie 2015 World Tour.

12. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I know they will have the Model X in the showrooms in September because it is my birthday and it would be a nice present!

13. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

They'll likely end up with some Model X for showrooms when they start manufacturing them based on old reservation deposits and some people end up not being able to actually pay for the whole thing leaving Tesla stuck with the car. I've been told this is where a lot of the loaners and new inventory S come from.

14. bonnie

I thought I'd be getting a Model X for my birthday in Dec. 2013 and we all know how that turned out.

15. MikeL

MikeL some guy

#15 MikeL, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    Indeed. Remember the old, "priced like a comparably equipped Model S"? And then, "priced in the single digit % above a Model S" ?
    (for the AWD we figured) ? That was before a couple of price increases, intro of the D, and lots of indications, at least speculations of a vast array of new stuff on the X. I hope they keep the price under control and don't assume we'll just pay anything. Seriously. I, of course, would sell my house to get one. Half kidding

and Bonnie, tho we love you for your #0002
    you know we all love you for YOU. :smile:

16. donv

donv Member

They might also put some beta cars in showrooms. I think they might have done that with the S, briefly.

17. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

I'm hoping to get a Model X for a loaner next year some time when I do my next annual service so I can decide if I actually want one or not. ;)

18. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Hey, I just sold my house (June 10th) so I can buy a Model-X! And a really nice mountain bike. I've got the bike, waiting for the X.

19. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

Don't despair. It's still possible you'll get it for your birthday... :crying:

20. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I know I will not get one for my birthday, just want to see one. That in it self would be a nice b-day present. Now if lots of people drop out and I move up in the que that would be good to, as you can tell I'm not greedy.