Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that annual or 6 mos? And with who?

I got quotes from esurance, Progressive, Ameriprise and AAA. Everybody esle was in the $300-$350 range per month: That's for Me, wife, daughter, minivan, sonata & ModelX.

Anybody have strong feelings in regards to working with these companies? AAA has always been awesome when it comes to hitting deer, or vandalism, or being hit. Haven't bee

Thanks in advance.
Intact insurance out of Alberta. That is 1 full year worth of insurance.

I'm with Geico and have a 60D - $290/month. My 2015 Macan Turbo is $168/month. Comp and Collision are both with $500 deductible, will do some quotes and report back with what I find out, I think I am paying too much. I live in New Orleans...

I'm of a personal opinion that paying higher premiums for a deductible below $1000 may not always be the best idea financially. If one can afford the Tesla car prices, scraping together $1000 in case of an accident shouldn't be an issue. You can request a quote for different deductible levels and calculate the breakeven time for your policy. In the arbitrary example of $150/m policy with a $1k ded vs $100/m for a $500 ded it takes 10 months of accident free driving to break even. Every month after that is gravy :p

I'm with Geico and have a 60D - $290/month. My 2015 Macan Turbo is $168/month. Comp and Collision are both with $500 deductible, will do some quotes and report back with what I find out, I think I am paying too much. I live in New Orleans...

Orleans parish has one of the highest rates. Moving to Jefferson likely saves half. Ridiculous, huh. After moving to Metairie, rates dropped significantly.

I am awaiting my 90D and in the process of getting quotes. I am currently with Geico and for MX and 2015 Audi Q5 TDI they want $4200!!! So far, Progressive and Ameriprise Costco are cheapest for me- getting ~$2500/year for these cars. Shop around.

Wow... California must be really expensive for auto insurance. I have Hartford (Sr) and pay $2000 a year for my Model X, 2015 Fisker Karma and 2013 Toyota Avalon. That is full coverage with $500 deductible for collision and comprehensive. No drivers below 25 years old, good driving record. Lots of variables with Auto Insurance rates

Costco Ameriprise quoted us $570 for 6 months for the 90D and our 2004 Lexus RX. That's for full 100/300/100 coverage, $500 deductibles for comprehensive and collision. It's actually cheaper to insure the X than it is to insure my current BMW 4 series.

(this is for SoCal)

anyone live in NYC area that owns a Model X that would recommend a good insurance at reasonable rate? I spoke to esurance and they don't insure model x. only model s for some reason. :(
Staten Island here, I insured with Nationwide for about $750/6mos last July. That's with 100/300, full glass and $1000 deductibles. The premium just went up to $785 after 6 mos. Geico wanted over $1200 for a similar policy. The other quotes, closest to Nationwide were from Progressive and Liberty Mutual. Hope this helps.

One more thing, if you go with Nationwide and enroll into their SmartRide program, where they send you an OBDII device to monitor your driving, they give you 10% off most of the components that make up the premium. Since the OBDII port in the Tesla is not wired for anything but power, they are not able to snoop on your driving, but you do get to keep the discount for the life of the vehicle on the policy. Other insurers have similar offerings, like Progressive Snapshot, etc., but I'm not familiar with their terms.

Hope this helps.

Staten Island here, I insured with Nationwide for about $750/6mos last July. That's with 100/300, full glass and $1000 deductibles. The premium just went up to $785 after 6 mos. Geico wanted over $1200 for a similar policy. The other quotes, closest to Nationwide were from Progressive and Liberty Mutual. Hope this helps.

One more thing, if you go with Nationwide and enroll into their SmartRide program, where they send you an OBDII device to monitor your driving, they give you 10% off most of the components that make up the premium. Since the OBDII port in the Tesla is not wired for anything but power, they are not able to snoop on your driving, but you do get to keep the discount for the life of the vehicle on the policy. Other insurers have similar offerings, like Progressive Snapshot, etc., but I'm not familiar with their terms.

Hope this helps.
thanks for the help. im going to check out nationwide. esurance has my wife and mother in law bmw/mercedes for 750/6 months. ugh this is going to be expensive. :O

I called Nationwide and got a quote of 727 for 6 months with 100/300 and 1500 deductible. the thing is that they want tort to be limited instead of unlimited. I have no idea what this means. the sales person said it will limit what I could sue for if I ever would be involved in a case.

I called Nationwide and got a quote of 727 for 6 months with 100/300 and 1500 deductible. the thing is that they want tort to be limited instead of unlimited. I have no idea what this means. the sales person said it will limit what I could sue for if I ever would be involved in a case.
Try Progressive also, they just quoted me $698, without full glass though (100/300 with $1000 deductibles)