Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X January 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings! With all that has transpired, I would normally stay quiet until actually taking delivery but I will go ahead and let all of you know that I saw my Model X today (WITH A WINDSHIELD!!!!) and I am pretty stoked about it!! I absolutely melted when I stood before it in the garage but when I went to take a photo, I was politely asked not to do so. For the record, until today when I actually received an invite, I was very aggressive (while still polite) about getting into the garage to see my Model X without the windshield. I took pictures that they don't know I took but I was unable to sneak one today. I just don't want to share them publicly and get anyone in trouble. I will finally be taking delivery on Monday. I will update again but I can tell you that I inspected the car once again and it appears to be perfect, FWDs & all. We'll see how well it goes through the rest of the checklist. Also, for anyone awaiting delivery in Atlanta or Decatur, GA, I saw the delivery truck today. Here are a couple of pics to show what it was carrying. Mainly Model Ss
finally!!! I am so happy you finally get to explore and experience your very own X. Ive been happy with mines so far. One thing I noticed though after a few days of receiving the X was that is clicking noises when I turn the steering wheel back and forth, I will most likely contact the SC see what the heck is going on. I wish you the best!!!

finally!!! I am so happy you finally get to explore and experience your very own X. Ive been happy with mines so far. One thing I noticed though after a few days of receiving the X was that is clicking noises when I turn the steering wheel back and forth, I will most likely contact the SC see what the heck is going on. I wish you the best!!!
Thank you!!!....yeah, I haven't driven my vehicle yet, so that's a whole different side of the inspection that I have no idea about but I do know what to look for thanks to the loaner I've been driving. I haven't been hearing any clicking but occasionally hear a bit of a squeaky noise coming from the rear, maybe down in the well. Might be the included windshield shade but haven't made sure of it yet. Best of luck to you as well!!

Thank you!!!....yeah, I haven't driven my vehicle yet, so that's a whole different side of the inspection that I have no idea about but I do know what to look for thanks to the loaner I've been driving. I haven't been hearing any clicking but occasionally hear a bit of a squeaky noise coming from the rear, maybe down in the well. Might be the included windshield shade but haven't made sure of it yet. Best of luck to you as well!!
Well, no matter, keep us informed on how things transpire. There are many of us from the December thread who are still following your journey.

Reactions: 8XATL
Well, no matter, keep us informed on how things transpire. There are many of us from the December thread who are still following your journey.
Absolutely. As I said before, I will always keep up with this site. I appreciate everything that I've learned from all of you and look forward to learning more. Plus, we will all need one another as we add miles to our odometers and Tesla continues to grow.

I had a feeling that I might have spoken too soon the other day but I was only trying to be positive. I STILL haven't taken delivery yet but the windshield is no longer the problem. Now, it's a different piece of glass - Driver's door window, to be exact :(...No more ETDs will be given from here on out. I will let all of you know when I FINALLY get my Model X. Hopefully, I won't be on the "February Deliveries" thread but with the way this is going, you never know.

I had a feeling that I might have spoken too soon the other day but I was only trying to be positive. I STILL haven't taken delivery yet but the windshield is no longer the problem. Now, it's a different piece of glass - Driver's door window, to be exact :(...No more ETDs will be given from here on out. I will let all of you know when I FINALLY get my Model X. Hopefully, I won't be on the "February Deliveries" thread but with the way this is going, you never know.

Ugh. At least that seems easier.

f-cking ridiculous

delivery is late March / early April. I'm in FL. Seems like mine is lagging others that that order just one week ahead of me. Thoughts?

I confirmed on the 27th Dec. and have a late Feb/March timeline. Odd that yours is later. Course, mine will be delivered to the West Coast... so delivery is faster.
Seems that delivery to FL could be a contributing factor. Curiously did you order a 75 or 90D? Loaded w/ options, or ? Wonder how much that would make a difference?

We ran into some delays and didn't get there until 6:53PM but my DS, Zac, stayed late to deliver the vehicle. My son went wild, diving into the X under one of the FWDs as it opened and began crawling all around inside. He eventually worked his way into the front seat and started blasting music. Even though I was impressed with how quickly he figured things out, My wife and I had to ask him several times to calm down, so to say that it was hard to concentrate is an understatement. I forgot my checklist but I looked the vehicle over to the best of my ability and only found two things wrong: The "T" on the front was slightly crooked and there is definitely ghosting with the windshield. It's not as bad as the loaner X I had but it's a little annoying. I believe the angle of that glass is the reason there is ghosting, so I'm just going to learn to live with it and hope it doesn't ruin my near-perfect vision. Anyway, other than that, my MX appears to be perfect and I absolutely adore it.

Speaking of the loaner Model X I had, the ride of it doesn't compare to mine. Yes, I know, my vehicle rolled off the lot with 9.5 miles on the odometer rather than 2,100 but I think the 20" wheels provide a softer ride. I cannot get over how smooth the ride is. As far as power, I don't feel a significant difference. Maybe it's because I can now accelerate beyond 80 MPH if I wish.

I want to thank everyone on this thread for all of your advice and continued support. I seriously don't know what I'd do without TMC!

I'm not going anywhere, so I'll chat with you all soon.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_9487.JPG
    IMG_9487.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9482.JPG
    IMG_9482.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9478.JPG
    IMG_9478.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9481.JPG
    IMG_9481.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9477.JPG
    IMG_9477.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9493.JPG
    IMG_9493.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9492.JPG
    IMG_9492.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 87
FANTASTIC!!! I am so happy for both you AND your family. You are the last of the "December Delivery" old guard who fought so hard for your car. Nice to hear of your excitement for your vehicle and I pray you get years and years of smiles.

Now, I can declare December officially "dead".

Enjoy, my friend.

BTW, sweet looking ride!

• Love