Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @Scmbug
Windows do there thing correctly. I spent 2 hrs going over checklist and verified no gaps between large and front windows on the hard and soft vertical sal between them...
Still had wind noise driving on highway after delivery. Ugh. Can you insist on a drive before accepting delivery? Thought about asking but didn't.
Any way, amazing technology. So happy to be a real member of the club now. Named her Pegasus, but may put GJETSON on plates, or maybe EJETSON

Reactions: Scmbug
Thanks @Scmbug
Windows do there thing correctly. I spent 2 hrs going over checklist and verified no gaps between large and front windows on the hard and soft vertical sal between them...
Still had wind noise driving on highway after delivery. Ugh. Can you insist on a drive before accepting delivery? Thought about asking but didn't.
Any way, amazing technology. So happy to be a real member of the club now. Named her Pegasus, but may put GJETSON on plates, or maybe EJETSON
@jsollender -Congratulations!! Just curious, how many other MXs did you see being prepped for delivery in Denver?

I just got an auto-generated email from Tesla, that my My Tesla page has my Final Price Sheet, or final Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). My DS told me I should expect this closer to my Delivery date, but interestingly enough...the MVPA says that my Delivery Date is on or about July 30, 2016. However, my DS tentatively scheduled me for August 4th...should I inquire with my DS if it will in fact be earlier? August 4th is technically "on or around", but just wanted to get feedback if anyone else has found the final MVPA date to be the accurate date and if it's worth checking?

Just took delivery yesterday of our Model X 75D. Experience at service center was awesome. Fit and finish look great. Really like the figured ash trim with black leather. Thanks to forum members for helping us pick that configuration! This is an awesome car. For any of you that are on the fence about purchasing one, I don't think you will regret it. Will try to post some more pictures later.
IMG_1093.JPG
Couple pics
IMG_1091.JPG

Reactions: uidzer0
@ohmman has been thoughtful enough for threads on March and April Delivery threads, so I will ask him to monitor June deliveries too to finish out Q2, but thought I would start the "2nd half" of "mid-2016" window for us poor slobs waiting on 5 seaters or other variants that were promised, at one point in Tesla Time for mid-2016. I sit here 4/25/16 with no VIN for a 90D 5 seater. Anyone else expecting their delivery July or further down the "ramp"? Chime in one and all...
Five seat P90DL I ordered.... Earliest delivery end January 2017. Reserved April 2014 confirmed first week January 2016.. that is optimistic date

Just took delivery yesterday of our Model X 75D. Experience at service center was awesome. Fit and finish look great. Really like the figured ash trim with black leather. Thanks to forum members for helping us pick that configuration! This is an awesome car. For any of you that are on the fence about purchasing one, I don't think you will regret it. Will try to post some more pictures later.
View attachment 186659 Couple picsView attachment 186658

Is that the Pearl white?

So what's even nicer...I had delivery on 7/21. No test drive of car at delivery. Driving home noticed the wind noise. Called dealer about it, and said needs service appointment....the dreaded wait. I offered to have tech look at it on brief test drive on 7/23 (Saturday) just so he knew if fixable or needed new parts ordered, so I could at least drive it while waiting for part delivery. Tested 7/23 and tech said he could fix on spot with minor adjustment, which he did over 30 minutes. Now at 100% function, and couldn't be more like a child on AM of 12/25!
Great car, fabulous tech. @vperl you are a fool for not upgrading, or you are too cheap for the extra $4000 in upgrade components. It's too fun to wait another 6 or more months.

Well my time has finally come. Get my MX tomorrow afternoon. Been a long couple of weeks folks. My car actually arrived in Orlando on 7/5 (ahead of schedule) and I was supposed to take delivery on 7/7. But, they found an issue with the driver's side door locking mechanism. Long story short, took 2.5 weeks to get the part here. Which in the end doesn't seem bad but the multiple false promises (it's shipping and should be here tomorrow) were very frustrating. I know I am part of the luck group to get my X now and still not waiting, just a bummer when it was that close to getting it sooner and have to wait on a stupid part. Anyway, got the checklist printed and can't wait to get it tomorrow. Cheers!

tomtx37.
On our X there is no aftermarket tint, only factory tint. I have been told by local installers that they do not recommend additional tint for the windshield because it is impossible to do without imperfections. The heat rejection from the factory windshield seems pretty good. The back windows are also tinted from factory so we are planning to have the front two windows tinted.