Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car actually arrived in Orlando on 7/5 (ahead of schedule) and I was supposed to take delivery on 7/7. But, they found an issue with the driver's side door locking mechanism. Long story short, took 2.5 weeks to get the part here. Which in the end doesn't seem bad but the multiple false promises (it's shipping and should be here tomorrow) were very frustrating.
Ouch, and my exact same story just started last week. Car arrived from the train station over the weekend 7/16, then they waited until Thursday to notice a door problem that needs a part, now I wait for an estimate of the estimate of repair. Being they waited so long to cancel my delivery day, I had already promised my old car to a Dad of a recent graduate for his party last weekend, so I had to give it up. Tesla was very good about finding me a loaner, an almost new Model S P90DL, so waiting is just barely tolerable :). Wish you a great pick-up today.

picked my car up today at the Brooklyn service center. Process was smooth and easy. So far one issue found (seat back on 2nd row is scratched) and I am waiting for their reply. Car looks perfect other then that.
IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

image.jpeg
Ouch, and my exact same story just started last week. Car arrived from the train station over the weekend 7/16, then they waited until Thursday to notice a door problem that needs a part, now I wait for an estimate of the estimate of repair. Being they waited so long to cancel my delivery day, I had already promised my old car to a Dad of a recent graduate for his party last weekend, so I had to give it up. Tesla was very good about finding me a loaner, an almost new Model S P90DL, so waiting is just barely tolerable :). Wish you a great pick-up today.
I hope you don't wait as long as I did. Just wish they are transparent with you on timing and don't give false expectations like they did with me. Today's delivery was great. Car was perfect and am still a bit in shock that I own one.

@XHokie any update on your delivery?? I know you were still hoping to squeak in with the July deliveries..

Still scheduled for an August 4th delivery date. I was told a couple of weeks ago it was going to be in transit to the east coast and I'm guessing will be here before the end of the week. My DS is actually on vacation until August 2nd, so even if my X were to come in earlier, likely will not get it until he is back. Oh well...I've waited almost 8 weeks already, what's another week, right? :)

Reactions: Scmbug