Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ohmman has been thoughtful enough for threads on March and April Delivery threads, so I will ask him to monitor June deliveries too to finish out Q2, but thought I would start the "2nd half" of "mid-2016" window for us poor slobs waiting on 5 seaters or other variants that were promised, at one point in Tesla Time for mid-2016. I sit here 4/25/16 with no VIN for a 90D 5 seater. Anyone else expecting their delivery July or further down the "ramp"? Chime in one and all...

Reactions: WABarb
I received an email today. It looks like my Model X might go into production in late May. With a late June or July delivery here in Florida. 90D VIN 58XX, Silver, Black/Black PUP interior, 20" wheels, everything else but audio upgrade.

PS: While waiting, I am enjoying my fantastic 2014 Classic Model S 85, Dolphin Gray, with light Gray leather. I seem to love it more every day!!:D Departing with it will be sad, but, my days of having multiple vehicles are over.

I received an email today. It looks like my Model X might go into production in late May. With a late June or July delivery here in Florida. 90D VIN 58XX, Silver, Black/Black PUP interior, 20" wheels, everything else but audio upgrade.

PS: While waiting, I am enjoying my fantastic 2014 Classic Model S 85, Dolphin Gray, with light Gray leather. I seem to love it more every day!!:D Departing with it will be sad, but, my days of having multiple vehicles are over.

Wow, I am surprised you have to wait 1-2 months for delivery after production

Because I live hours away from a service center, I have delayed my 90D delivery until I am confident of lower probability of significant number of early visits to service. The latest discussion I had with my DS has us targeting a late June to early July delivery.

This has been a serious exercise in delayed gratification as I was pretty sure the Model X would be my first electric car when it was just a rumor before it was even revealed.

If my car enters production the last week of May and production takes 2 weeks, then transport to Florida takes at least another couple of weeks, inspection and delivery scheduling another week. My real, and probably overly optimistic, expectation is to get my car about my 70th birthday which is the first week of August! Happy Birthday to me!! -It will most likely be after Labor Day before I get it.

@Oloron - At time of Order, I did not get the air suspension. However, it seems like it's now required to get the air suspension when getting a 6 or 7 seater. I doubt I'd get another free upgrade to the air suspension, as it was pleasant to get the 70-75D at the lower price, and I also got the higher amperage upgrade for $1000, instead of the new $1500 price. I'd love to get the air suspension thrown in, but I'd still be happy with the coil.

Me too @Rove. Modelxtracker shows 55 VIN's assigned in April. There remains one 5 seater in Chicago that @Darryl has not been able to confirm as real. So, we 5 seat reservists are no closer to knowing when TM will start production for us instead of 6-7 domestic and international 90D and P90D's. Here is the question we all want to ask...will 90D 5 seater's see the light of day before any 75D 6-7 seaters? Which one will be made first?
May have answered my own question as some reserver in NY downgraded his 90D to 75D (7 seater) and has a VIN assignment on 4/10.

Me too @Rove. Modelxtracker shows 55 VIN's assigned in April. There remains one 5 seater in Chicago that @Darryl has not been able to confirm as real. So, we 5 seat reservists are no closer to knowing when TM will start production for us instead of 6-7 domestic and international 90D and P90D's. Here is the question we all want to ask...will 90D 5 seater's see the light of day before any 75D 6-7 seaters? Which one will be made first?
May have answered my own question as some reserver in NY downgraded his 90D to 75D (7 seater) and has a VIN assignment on 4/10.

My guess is the 75D will go before the 5 seaters do. If they were before they can say in June or July when we configured instead of mid year.

@mlouie23 Thanks - your situation sort of implies an upgrade since new orders for 6/7 seat 75D's are currently required to air and they are supposed to be delivered in July. Coil seems to be currently tied to 5 seat 75D's with "late 2016" delivery dates. That said, always possible they'll throw a few coil suspensions in for July, but that doesn't answer the "why does now 6/7 require air?" question. /shrug

@jsollender I think you're sadly looking at something like fall delivery. Pretty much the only configuration that has had a consistent delivery expectation since they opened up configuration is that 5 seats is "late 2016". Why that's the case falls into the "who knows" heading.

I'm a 6 seat 75D and ordered coil, but don't know what that means for delivery timing. I haven't gotten any delivery expectation set at all for my X (though I also haven't asked). There is a lot of discussion in this thread:

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

Short version is that up until a week ago, 6/7 seat 75D's were looking to be on track fro June or July delivery based delivery estimates for new orders in the Design Studio. A week ago, Air Suspension became required for 6/7 seat 75D's and coil suspension became available only on 5 seat models. All 5 seat models have a "late 2016" expected delivery date.

Don't want to derail this thread with any more 75D Air vs. Coil specifics, but you'll find no shortage of discussion/speculation over at the other thread. :)

Reactions: mlouie23
I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but my DS emailed and called me with targeting a July delivery for my 75D.
I reserved June 2015.
Order Confirmed Jan 2016.
75D: Black interior/exterior, 7 Seats, PUP, 22" wheels
Interesting, my 75D was reserved in Dec. 2012 and confirmed in January with 6 seats, air suspension and black interior/exterior as well but no PUP. I have had no contact at all from a DS.

Us 75D'ers are going to be at the back of line... all VINs are assigned to 90Ds so far and there are folks that took the bait and upgraded their 75D order to 90D and still haven't gotten a VIN.

Don't even complain about the wait time to the 90D'ers with 5 seat option...

Interesting, my 75D was reserved in Dec. 2012 and confirmed in January with 6 seats, air suspension and black interior/exterior as well but no PUP. I have had no contact at all from a DS.
As soon as I got a DS assigned to me I reached out to him. He's been great at answering all my pesky questions (i.e. what kind of tint is applied, what kind of spoiler do i have, etc - we get standard tint on the back windows and i have a regular spoiler). When he doesn't want to be quoted (meaning have an email trail) he calls me.

Reactions: MarkoC
It seems to me that the cars produced are in highest price order first and foremost, so I hope that the quoted mid-2016 this new year when ordering holds reasonably true, as 90D 5 seaters are more pricey (higher margin for TM) than 70/75D's with 6-7 seats. Or at least I believe they are more, as my config (see signature below) totals 104K, and if in 70/75 version I think it would be less, though no access to design studio currently. In any case, we're just chatting, no one knows the order of VIN assignments. If I am wrong on comparative pricing, I'll get to the end of the 2016 production line.

Yayy I found my home thread. All info in signature. DS told me to expect delivery June-July. VIN not assigned yet.
Mobile version of TMC doesn't show signatures so here it is. X75D titanium/UWhite 6 seats/nonPUP/nonAir/hitch, reserved 4/20/2015, confirmed 3/4/2016.