Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved my car in March 2015 confirmed in March 2016 and haven't received my car yet. Did you pre-order/reserve your car? Or did you just order and confirm in May?
I'd have to assume (then again you can't assume anything with Tesla) that they are still working on the reservation list first. I could be wrong. Here is Canada, we've only recently started to take deliveries. Vancouver, BC started getting them a few weeks ago and Eastern Canada (me) will start seeing them this week. The signatures are being delivered this and next week here (Toronto, ON, Canada)

I ordered and confirmed in May. Could it be because you are in Canada...are they prioritizing U.S. volume/orders in front of other countries?

I do have a DS assigned. He never communicated with me. As always, communications have never been great with Tesla. I am not in a hurry. If Tesla wants my money, they need to bring me my car. I shouldn't have to beg for it.

My DS has been pretty good and responsive, but had set expectations with me that I probably will hear very little in terms of updates during the month June. I asked when I could be assigned a VIN, and he said usually it's about a week or two before it gets into Production, which he thought would be towards the end of June/early July given I ordered and confirmed at the end of May. So, July delivery may still be in the cards, but I'm not expecting any updates until probably the end of the month or early July.

I placed an order for a 6-seat 90D and received a VIN in May and have been told to expect July delivery. Not sure why your situation is so different as this doesn't add up. I feel for you, but hope things move along faster than this suggests!
The timelines Tesla gives seem to never be accurate. Every time I speak to my DS, you can hear the hesitation in his voice as he knows that I'm hanging on his every word

The timelines Tesla gives seem to never be accurate. Every time I speak to my DS, you can hear the hesitation in his voice as he knows that I'm hanging on his every word

While this is definitely true, @Sean So Lowe said his order for a 90D was confirmed in January (four months before my confirmation) which seems well beyond the typical unpredictability of this process. Either a complete fail or some missing element of this story. I would have been over the edge...

While this is definitely true, @Sean So Lowe said his order for a 90D was confirmed in January (four months before my confirmation) which seems well beyond the typical unpredictability of this process. Either a complete fail or some missing element of this story. I would have been over the edge...
Good news for him though. Less issues with the car. Although the wait definitely can be killer.

I still don't have my MX here in Canada

I confirmed on 4/20. 90D 6-seat with everything but premium sound. Was told 6/15 initially but now am being told "late July". So we'll see. My DS already told me to get my financing in order and my quote as since expired so they will have to run my credit again. Not super happy about that either.

I found all this out by going into the store for a test drive on the X with the kids (my first one was solo). Otherwise nothing at all from my own DS.

I confirmed on 4/20. 90D 6-seat with everything but premium sound. Was told 6/15 initially but now am being told "late July". So we'll see. My DS already told me to get my financing in order and my quote as since expired so they will have to run my credit again. Not super happy about that either.

I found all this out by going into the store for a test drive on the X with the kids (my first one was solo). Otherwise nothing at all from my own DS.
Oh man, our cars are nearly twins. Blue, 20", PUP being options that supposedly affect production. We differ in 6 vs. 7 seat. I confirmed a day before you, and got my VIN 6714 the night it confirmed. I didn't apply for financing until my DS confirmed my car was in production (5 days ago). I'd give your DS a call and specifically ask what day your car is scheduled to go in to production (they may not volunteer that info, especially since it's subject to change, but they should know it). Did your order come from a reservation, or just a regular order after the design studio opened? (Mine was a reservation, but only ~1.5 weeks old when I ordered).

I know it's so hard to be patient when you see similar VINs, confirmations, and configurations being delivered ahead of you. For a while I was telling myself that east coast people were being produced ahead of me to account for transit time so that we would all get delivery before the end of the quarter, but you just broke that theory. My money is back on that crazy monkey pulling VINs out of his hat at the factory...

Oh man, our cars are nearly twins. Blue, 20", PUP being options that supposedly affect production. We differ in 6 vs. 7 seat. I confirmed a day before you, and got my VIN 6714 the night it confirmed. I didn't apply for financing until my DS confirmed my car was in production (5 days ago). I'd give your DS a call and specifically ask what day your car is scheduled to go in to production (they may not volunteer that info, especially since it's subject to change, but they should know it). Did your order come from a reservation, or just a regular order after the design studio opened? (Mine was a reservation, but only ~1.5 weeks old when I ordered).

I know it's so hard to be patient when you see similar VINs, confirmations, and configurations being delivered ahead of you. For a while I was telling myself that east coast people were being produced ahead of me to account for transit time so that we would all get delivery before the end of the quarter, but you just broke that theory. My money is back on that crazy monkey pulling VINs out of his hat at the factory...

Mine was a reservation but only about a month before the design studio opened up. I got VIN 6744 but I'm still not in production yet. Since I found out that Alliant can approve me basically same day I'm going to wait until they have it to apply at this point.

4/20!!!! What a wonderful day! :p:D

Reactions: MikeC
I've posted this in the June thread but re-posting here. I received a very encouraging PM from another member of this forum with a similar configuration and VIN. Prompted by that I emailed my DS who told me my car was in production, and should be ready for delivery when I hoped (following a summer trip ending the first week in July). He actually stated that they may have the car at the SC by the end of this month. I'm still muting my anticipation, but this does seem to indicate production is significantly ramping up!

I've posted this in the June thread but re-posting here. I received a very encouraging PM from another member of this forum with a similar configuration and VIN. Prompted by that I emailed my DS who told me my car was in production, and should be ready for delivery when I hoped (following a summer trip ending the first week in July). He actually stated that they may have the car at the SC by the end of this month. I'm still muting my anticipation, but this does seem to indicate production is significantly ramping up!
Does your mytesla list your car as in production yet? I have same build and lower vin finalized week before you. Wonder if I should check with my DS?

Reactions: Sean So Lowe

Gotta love Tesla's batching.. Mine is also very similar config, yet VIN 1000 before yours 73XX, Order Confirmed May 3rd, yet I'm still told very noncommittal "hopefully in production end of June"....

That's great news, I'm happy for you. I'm still frustrated that my confirmed order in early Jan still has no vin and their telling me late August late September, yes it's a 6 seater. Might be just how their batching similar X's. Mine is fully loaded except the audio and ludicrous. You will have to keep us posted on the progress of things.