TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X June Deliveries

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by systemcrashed, May 3, 2016.

1. n88

n88 Member

Just received local DS email, VIN 58xx "is now set to be manufactured in mid-May."
    Delivery mid-late June, so is this thread still accepting applications?

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Why such a long delay between production and delivery. Like a month to make and deliver

3. jeffaa

jeffaa Member

Likely because build time + quality checks + super long transit to Florida.

4. n88

n88 Member

Wish I got got a email indicating that my X just came off the assembly line on April 29th!

Yes FL delivery takes the extra time.

5. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

Welcome to the June thread! Another FL car this will be great! I'm hoping to get a similar email soon. The rumor is East Coast cars are being transferred via rail, more than one DS stated that. 2-3 week transit time, looking on the bright side, closed car may be a bit safer?

6. VBXATL

VBXATL Member

Just emailed with my DS in Atlanta (Zach). He says my car is finally out of production and being handed off to logistics for its cross-country move. However, he says he doesn't expect to have delivery until June! So much for April - Early May! LOL

7. Robbo

Robbo Member

My DS says our X will head through the factory in mid-May, leading to a mid-June delivery date (pushed back from an expected late May/early June delivery date).

8. idoco

idoco Member

From the DS.

9. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

FWIW: was told last week that X's go via train to Alabama and then trucked to Florida. Delays possible at three locations:
    Factory to rail
    Rail to truck
    SC prep

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. FlaNudistXOwner

Received this email yesterday - not sure how many X's are in Florida at this point - I have seen none!

Good Morning David

I have some very exciting news!

Your Model X completed production and is currently being prepped for transport. We are currently utilizing rail line transportation. Your Model X will be picked up at our factory and brought to the rail compound in Richmond, CA. to be loaded onto a rail car. From Richmond, your vehicle will travel to Birmingham, AL. where we will have a transport truck pick it up and complete the journey to Orlando. Rail line transport generally takes about 3 weeks, but we will be receiving a load manifest from the logistics company once the vehicle is in-route to Richmond.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

What was your vin again?

12. Milin1609

Milin1609 Member

My conform day is today , May 6th. Despite emailing couple of emails(for some info), I haven't got any email back..
    Hope, my DS will be better on correspondence. Realistically, looking for July delivery.. Will see!!

13. dapao

dapao Member

Same here. I am living in Michigan. Just talked to my salesman, trying to change delivery location from cleveland to chicago

14. loganintx

loganintx Member

now that's a funny typo. You will CONFORM to Tesla's will! The own you :) haha

15. harrisonjs

harrisonjs Member

VIN # 42XX 90D white/white/20/PUP; confirmed 1/17/2016. Was late April/May delivery. Now told late June-July. Perhaps this is a new "under promise, over deliver" mentality.

16. dapao

dapao Member

Same here. We can compare our vin later.

17. gjunky

gjunky Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs

Do any of you have your purchase agreement in your document section of MyTesla? There is an estimated delivery date (mine says June 11th for vin 58xx). Wonder how accurate that date might be. I have no delivery date shown on MyTesla but my DS, who always responds within a day, said June as well.

18. F123456

F123456 Member

VIN 55xx. No purchase agreement for me yet, but I am apparently on schedule for the car to go into production this month for delivery in June.

19. Dimitar Atanasov

I was given ~ 20 days timeframe from production finish to delivery. My MX is going to Atl, but I opted out for home delivery to Santa Rosa Beach FL(I live 250+ miles from nearest SC). Est end of production given by DS is week of 5/16 and tentative delivery is first week on June (if there's no delays he said :cool:)
    Vin 5558 90D pearl white, 7 seater, 22" blk onyx wheels, all options besides cold weather and UHF sound.

20. chloedog

chloedog Member

Did your DS tell you when your car first entered production? I'm trying to get a sense of how long the production itself (not counting delivery time) takes now that they seem to have fixed a bunch of issues along their assembly line.