Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model-X life-hacks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see others have mentioned it as well, but my driver's side door doesn't seem to have that pocket... is your MX AP2.0?
That would be very strange. I haven't yet seen a Model-X without driver/passenger door pockets.

Just to be sure, he was referring to this location in the door, right under the window controls:
q4UO8fZ.jpg

That would be very strange. I haven't yet seen a Model-X without driver/passenger door pockets.

Just to be sure, he was referring to this location in the door, right under the window controls:
Yes mine is AP2 but I Vandacca is right. I think all Xs have it. Does your j1772 roll around?

I have a big pocket on the door, but there isn't such a place to hold the J1772, it will roll around

Attachments

• Photo 2017-02-16, 9 12 22 AM.jpg
    Photo 2017-02-16, 9 12 22 AM.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Photo 2017-02-16, 9 12 42 AM.jpg
    Photo 2017-02-16, 9 12 42 AM.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: spectrum
I have a big pocket on the door, but there isn't such a place to hold the J1772, it will roll around
I can't decide if that's different from mine, the image is too close up. Regardless, the original suggestion was to slide the J1772 connector all the way to the left (pocket is very deep). It's somewhat snug and should prevent it from rolling around.

I can't guarantee it won't roll around because I keep my J1772 in the soft-shell bag next to the mobile connector. And I keep all charging related equipment in my frunk, since I don't use it very often.

Sorry to revive this post but this is a great solution. Where exactly do you plug in the USB? There's nothing under there?
One of the USB ports above the tray routed down to a splitter tucked up under the tray. One cable from the splitter goes to the usual phone plug spot, another to the light stick, and a third to a long cord for when the phone is on the dash and needs power. Once the splitter is tucked back there the tray cover can still operate.