Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Liftgate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Model X come with a power/automatic liftgate without Premium Upgrades package? Service advisor says it does not but I do not see it listed in the PUP description either. Standard equipment lists automatic liftgate. Thanks in advance.

Does the Model X come with a power/automatic liftgate without Premium Upgrades package? Service advisor says it does not but I do not see it listed in the PUP description either. Standard equipment lists automatic liftgate. Thanks in advance.

On mine it is. I think it is standard, but you should really make sure and have it in writing. I mean, Tesla changes things without telling people all the time. While small, it would be good to know.

If you look at the order sheet of the S, it lists the power lift gate as an option. Perhaps your hesitation is because they call it automatic rather than power on the X. But there are other things that are standard on the X that are options on the S, like air suspension and all wheel drive. Also, the manual makes no reference to power being an option. The liftgate is only discussed in terms of it being powered.

My owner advisor when inquired about it said on the Model X the automatic lift gate only opens from the vehicle a bit then you'll have to push it up rest of way. And there's no push button to close it either. It is not fully automatic (i.e. opens all the way) on the key fob. Only means to get this function is the Premium upgrade.
I'm super confused now.

ab26 said "I don't have PUP and mine has automatic lift gate (which is you can close and open it with a press of a button using the remote or touchscreen)."

Same here, works great; however, it might be true the lift gate only opens half way automatically. I assumed the half way was because of overhead storage, but even half way is good enough for me to use the trunk without issues. PUP not needed.

My owner advisor when inquired about it said on the Model X the automatic lift gate only opens from the vehicle a bit then you'll have to push it up rest of way. And there's no push button to close it either. It is not fully automatic (i.e. opens all the way) on the key fob. Only means to get this function is the Premium upgrade.
I'm super confused now.

It sounds like someone confused the S and X to me - either your OA or whoever they asked. To the best of my knowledge, every X has a power liftgate and power for all four doors.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11 and RIZE
It is standard. Works with fob to open and close. Opens and closes from touchscreen also. Finally, it has a sensor or uses the one in roof the the X to avoid raising into something, but that causes some issues with opening it all the way at times on X - as the memory set doesn't really override it.

As others said, even without the PUP, the liftgate is automatic and can be controlled from the pushbutton on the liftgate and the 17" screen.
You can also program how high it opens.
Not only that, I confirmed in my non-PUP 75D, that the new FOB triple-click "Close All" will indeed close the liftgate.