TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Loaner

Discussion in 'Model S' started by blee321, Sep 5, 2016.

1. blee321

blee321 Member

Has anyone gotten a Model X as a loaner yet? Does it make a difference if you are a model S vs X owner?
    Thanks.

2. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

I keep asking for an X or at least an S with Ludicrus mode but none in the fleet in CT.

3. ccharleb

ccharleb Member

I would be happy with any S or X.... but most of the time, I got an ICE from Enterprise... :-(

4. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

Ugh, seriously?

5. Maaz

Maaz Member

yeah i wish they had X loaners. My model x is going on week SIX at the service center now. Including bodywork because of dents and such at delivery. So yeah i have a p85d so no complaints, but still sucks to be out of my new model x for over a month, if i wanted to model s i would have kept my old car.

6. number12

number12 Member

Free miles for 6 weeks. Not end of the world.

7. Maaz

Maaz Member

yep haha exactly what i tell myself every morning haha. going on 3k miles now.

8. ccharleb

ccharleb Member

Unfortunately, yes. I think the situation regarding loaners is very different from Service Center to Service Center... Some seems to have plenty of them, others, just a few.

9. Caligula

Caligula Member

My last loaner was a P85. Before that it was a BMW 328 and before that a Chevrolet Cruze.

10. stevem

stevem Member

My service center has S60's and S85's, usually non-D's. The last time it went in it was for some paint that was chipped during the previous work and they were having a body guy fix it. So since they were being so apologetic about the fact I had to come back, I asked if I could have a P85D as a loaner. I got the "We don't have any of those". I pointed out to the lot and said "yes you do there are a half a dozen out there". The response was "those are sales loaners, not service loaners". I gave them the look of "really? you are going with that" and they said "hold on" and brought around a P85D loaner. No ludicrous mode. But that's ok. :)

11. blee321

blee321 Member

Chevy Cruze!? really?

12. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I think deploying X's as loaners will compel a significant number of S owners to upgrade to an X. I hope this is part of Tesla's plan. I'd love to have an X loaner.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Yes. It barely fit in my garage though. Bigger than the 4Runner (or at least wider) my S replaced.

14. blee321

blee321 Member

Just curious, which service center did you use?

15. Caligula

Caligula Member

Yup, no joke. They typically try to give you a 3 series BMW or similar (at least here, anyway) but Enterprise was out of luxary models, so I was stuck with a Chevrolet Cruze... and it came with only a 1/4 tank of gas! At least Tesla reimbursed me the $5 worth of fuel I put in it.

16. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

I got a 5 series due to an unplanned service appointment and no loaners and was asked to keep the receipt to be reimbursed for gas. I didn't bother asking for the $5 back

17. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Charlotte NC

18. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

Yup. I'm taking my S in next week and specifically asked if they have an X loaner, which they don't. I've been seriously contemplating getting an X when the AP hardware suite is updated but I'd like to have an extended test drive to see if things like windshield ghosting and door operations would be a problem for me. A loaner X would answer a lot of my questions and doubts.

19. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Just in case you weren't aware, the Sales team does offer extended test drives. While you might have trouble getting an X loaner from Service, have you asked Sales about getting an extended test drive?

• Informative x 1
  20. Caligula

Caligula Member

Yeah it wasn't time worthy, especially as they mailed me a check for $5 which showed up 6 weeks later. heh.