TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Loaner

Discussion in 'Model S' started by blee321, Sep 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. blee321

blee321 Member

Has anyone gotten a Model X as a loaner yet? Does it make a difference if you are a model S vs X owner?
    Thanks.

2. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

I keep asking for an X or at least an S with Ludicrus mode but none in the fleet in CT.

3. ccharleb

ccharleb Member

I would be happy with any S or X.... but most of the time, I got an ICE from Enterprise... :-(

4. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

Ugh, seriously?

5. Maaz

Maaz Member

yeah i wish they had X loaners. My model x is going on week SIX at the service center now. Including bodywork because of dents and such at delivery. So yeah i have a p85d so no complaints, but still sucks to be out of my new model x for over a month, if i wanted to model s i would have kept my old car.

6. number12

number12 Supporting Member

Free miles for 6 weeks. Not end of the world.

7. Maaz

Maaz Member

yep haha exactly what i tell myself every morning haha. going on 3k miles now.

8. ccharleb

ccharleb Member

Unfortunately, yes. I think the situation regarding loaners is very different from Service Center to Service Center... Some seems to have plenty of them, others, just a few.

9. Caligula

Caligula Member

My last loaner was a P85. Before that it was a BMW 328 and before that a Chevrolet Cruze.

10. stevem

stevem Member

My service center has S60's and S85's, usually non-D's. The last time it went in it was for some paint that was chipped during the previous work and they were having a body guy fix it. So since they were being so apologetic about the fact I had to come back, I asked if I could have a P85D as a loaner. I got the "We don't have any of those". I pointed out to the lot and said "yes you do there are a half a dozen out there". The response was "those are sales loaners, not service loaners". I gave them the look of "really? you are going with that" and they said "hold on" and brought around a P85D loaner. No ludicrous mode. But that's ok. :)

11. blee321

blee321 Member

Chevy Cruze!? really?

12. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I think deploying X's as loaners will compel a significant number of S owners to upgrade to an X. I hope this is part of Tesla's plan. I'd love to have an X loaner.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Yes. It barely fit in my garage though. Bigger than the 4Runner (or at least wider) my S replaced.

14. blee321

blee321 Member

Just curious, which service center did you use?

15. Caligula

Caligula Member

Yup, no joke. They typically try to give you a 3 series BMW or similar (at least here, anyway) but Enterprise was out of luxary models, so I was stuck with a Chevrolet Cruze... and it came with only a 1/4 tank of gas! At least Tesla reimbursed me the $5 worth of fuel I put in it.

16. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

I got a 5 series due to an unplanned service appointment and no loaners and was asked to keep the receipt to be reimbursed for gas. I didn't bother asking for the $5 back

17. Cyclone

Charlotte NC

18. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

Yup. I'm taking my S in next week and specifically asked if they have an X loaner, which they don't. I've been seriously contemplating getting an X when the AP hardware suite is updated but I'd like to have an extended test drive to see if things like windshield ghosting and door operations would be a problem for me. A loaner X would answer a lot of my questions and doubts.

19. Cyclone

Just in case you weren't aware, the Sales team does offer extended test drives. While you might have trouble getting an X loaner from Service, have you asked Sales about getting an extended test drive?

• Informative x 1
  20. Caligula

Caligula Member

Yeah it wasn't time worthy, especially as they mailed me a check for $5 which showed up 6 weeks later. heh.