Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X LR and Plaid Brake Upgrade Now Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the email today from tesla stating new brakes and pads upgrades are available for my 2022 Plaid X. the link tries to take you to the app but its not properly working. Will try to figure it out and see what the options are. Seems like you can get red calipers on existing Plaids now.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 103847.png

Screenshot 2023-09-12 103856.png

You can buy a set of Carbotech 1521 pads for all 4 wheels for $500. These are the best street pads available IMO. Amazing initial bite and very low dust. I used them on my Roadster and 2012 Model S. I haven't had any issues with our 2018 MS or MXP but I don't drive in the Bay Area anymore so I'm not doing repeated 80-0 stops on the freeway during rush hour 🤣

Reactions: EightBitWhit
Got the email today from tesla stating new brakes and pads upgrades are available for my 2022 Plaid X. the link tries to take you to the app but its not properly working. Will try to figure it out and see what the options are. Seems like you can get red calipers on existing Plaids now.

View attachment 973220

View attachment 973221
Just Google for "brake caliper painting services" and save a pile of cash. Same with the brake pads. Unplugged Performance has street/track pads for far less.

Reactions: BayAreaCelt
You can buy a set of Carbotech 1521 pads for all 4 wheels for $500. These are the best street pads available IMO. Amazing initial bite and very low dust. I used them on my Roadster and 2012 Model S. I haven't had any issues with our 2018 MS or MXP but I don't drive in the Bay Area anymore so I'm not doing repeated 80-0 stops on the freeway during rush hour 🤣

Disagree, GLoc is the way ;)

The main problem with Tesla is that you can only be sure of one thing: the Service Centers themselves are not aware of many PRECISE technicals specifications like this "brakes upgrade" offered by the factory, so the answers we receive may not be true at all.

Our Service Center here replied to me this morning that the upgrade includes:
-The brake pads
- New brake lines (!!)
– "more efficient" red brake calipers (!!) They say that the calipers are not the same 🤔

Reading that you can only think that you will not be in confidence to order...

Reactions: bargrens@gmail
Following my upper post, I have tried to obtain more technical precisions and finally, after confusing replies, I have find the right technician who served me a long time ago but had changed of S.C.

Here is the truth...
the upgrade includes:
- New brake pads
– New red brake calipers kit WITH NEW REAR CALIPERS, they match the e-mail picture (not a simple plastic cover!)
- As the rear calipers are different, the rear brakes lines are changed
– Change of brake fluid (still standard DOT 3 one)
The full price is approx. $ 2700.00 (depends of the money and VAT in your country)

Hope this help !