Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here she is!
dznzv2fHkm.jpg

I forgot to mention one more thing from my delivery: I found in the trunk an extra rear-view mirror/camera plastic channel (the channel that hides the wires from rear view mirror and front facing AP2 cameras). DS tried to take it back, but I said - it's in my car, so it's mine - step off!

Last edited:
Build quality is really not where it should be with the model X. Took delivery of my second X (returned the first one in februari with 3 days and upgraded from 75D to 90D while I was at it) and it has the same issues.

Serious ghosting from the windshield, alignment issues on the FWD, wind and road noise.

Ordered: 12/30/16
Delivered: 3/28/17
VIN: 38XXX

Just picked up our MX90D yesterday at the Denver SC. Great delivery experience. A couple of small issues, slightly misaligned FWD's and a couple of small "Tesla" paint issues on the hood. Oh, and one piece of chrome not seated properly by about 1/8". SC to take care of all in a couple of weeks. The hood I may even just ignore as I took it to the detailer and he said he should be able to correct before wrapping.

Otherwise the interior was great, no issues, great fit and finish. I went in with my 5 page checklist hoping for the best but prepared for the worst and overall I'd say they did a really great job. No scratches or other issues. No body gaps either. I was either A, pretty lucky or B, I think the build quality continues to improve. A white MX was also being picked up and it looked to be in great shape as well.

Really glad I went with the Obsidian Black, black interior and headliner and Figured Ash. Looks super classy inside.

Also really impressed with the speed and acceleration of the standard 90D. Had considered getting a P, but now I'm actually happy I stuck with the 90, though if I could pick I would have liked to have had the adjustable vs fixed spoiler. But those are nitpicks and "1st world" problems.

IMG_8376.jpg IMG_8377.jpg

Realized my X was configured to lower suspension "Always", so I had been driving in Low from the start. From what I've read that can cause extra wear on the rear tires. I've now changed the setting to "Never". I wonder why it was configured that way?
Lower suspension increases range, but at the expense of the inner tread of your tires (due to camber). I have mine set to lower after 80km/h, which is hopefully a good compromise.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy and championi
Realized my X was configured to lower suspension "Always", so I had been driving in Low from the start. From what I've read that can cause extra wear on the rear tires. I've now changed the setting to "Never". I wonder why it was configured that way?

Mine was delivered in the low setting also. Didn't notice it until I got home. I figured it just looked better at delivery that way. Looking at the tire wear threads on TMC, I don't think the low setting necessarily kills the tire. Some seemed to do fine while always in low.

I've set mine to standard height, lowering at 60 MPH. I'll monitor the tires and see how it goes.

As a long time Tesla bull (okay I am full of it), I am happy to say the delivery team has come through for me by driving our MX to our garage (Seattle) tomorrow (31Mar17) while I close out the paperwork tonight. We are at my wife's parents visiting in Minden, NV. To console me, my wife allowed me to drive up to the guard shack Tuesday and glimpse the Gigafactory. Guards would not allow me to park and walk back to have my picture taken with the Tesla sign. And, no they would not give me a Tesla paper coffee cup with the logo on it. The check point reminded me of crossing check point Charlie into Berlin back in 1970, only difference was the commies let me into East Berlin, and thank god, back out. No coffee there either:)

Our son-in-law says he will meet the Tesla team to put the MX inside our garage for us since we will not get home until Saturday. However, he told me he would not be responsible for the first 2K miles. Later our daughter texted that the car may have up to 5K miles since it is self driving. That is only a twenty-four hour period!

Saturday evening after returning to Seattle and being greeted by our loving dogs, we will make a B-line to the garage to see our Blue, 100D, Model X.

I am gonna teach that baby to fly:) At least we are in the 1Q17 numbers.

Reactions: Rossy and techmaven
Look what just landed in my driveway early this afternoon! 31Mar17/1Q17 Delivery MX, 100D, currently charging and will load 8.1 tonight. Only downside is wife and I are still at her parents house until flight home tomorrow:-(

Congrats! I have your Seattle twin on order (Blue 100D...except white interior...fraternal twin?) for delivery in a month or so. Since I'm local if you need me to car sit it tomorrow just let me know. My references will show I've owned a Model S for 3 years so I have experience with Tesla sitting. Just let me know. ;)