Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! We confirmed the first week of December (ordering during Black Friday weekend) - VIN 351XX and we still have ours listed as "Estimated Delivery Range: Late January - February"

So...

Also, my PowerWalls also says that it's slated for a January 2017 installation and I have heard nothing on that yet.

I guess I was lied to, because my car is now in production :eek:

On our 2nd Tesla and it amazes me they still haven't figured out the communication process for orders, builds and deliveries. When the Model 3 hits, with mass market buyers, I just can't imagine how bad it's going to be. That many people emailing them asking about the status of their order? If they are as non responsive and incorrect on $160,000 vehicles what service will the $35k buyer get?

On our 2nd Tesla and it amazes me they still haven't figured out the communication process for orders, builds and deliveries. When the Model 3 hits, with mass market buyers, I just can't imagine how bad it's going to be. That many people emailing them asking about the status of their order? If they are as non responsive and incorrect on $160,000 vehicles what service will the $35k buyer get?

Well, the last the DS knew is that they were sourcing for parts. But that's probably what the factory status told him. So my assumption is they located the parts and changed the status before he expected it would happen.

I know when I've ordered BMWs and Porsches it was mostly a black box (though BMW did give some sense of status IIRC). So you'd call the dealer to get updates periodically. If I was lucky I could get the name of the boat it was on and track it myself :)

All that said, being largely a technology-driven company, yes, I would expect them to do better than this. Many things still seem to be manually updated. It feels like they are understaffed, which is odd considering that their market cap is up among the big auto manufacturers these days. They should reinvest some of that capital into this system.

Well, the last the DS knew is that they were sourcing for parts. But that's probably what the factory status told him. So my assumption is they located the parts and changed the status before he expected it would happen.

I know when I've ordered BMWs and Porsches it was mostly a black box (though BMW did give some sense of status IIRC). So you'd call the dealer to get updates periodically. If I was lucky I could get the name of the boat it was on and track it myself :)

All that said, being largely a technology-driven company, yes, I would expect them to do better than this. Many things still seem to be manually updated. It feels like they are understaffed, which is odd considering that their market cap is up among the big auto manufacturers these days. They should reinvest some of that capital into this system.

Market cap does not equate to working capital within a company. The market cap is a collective bet of success factors. Now, they could float more shares into the high pps and garner more cash for use within the company. I think that is the plan within a month or two.

Market cap does not equate to working capital within a company. The market cap is a collective bet of success factors. Now, they could float more shares into the high pps and garner more cash for use within the company. I think that is the plan within a month or two.

Yeah, you're right. But it does indicate great interest in the company, so increasing the number of shares to infuse real capital sounds like it might be a good idea. Then again, I don't have an MBA. ;)

Guess I'm moving over to this thread. I was scheduled for late February early March but I just got an email from my DS. She said my car has just started the early stages of production and should take 2-3 weeks. Looks like I will be an early March delivery.
That's great! What is your VIN? Just trying to figure out how the production process is managed.