Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful. Be very very careful.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.

I have to wonder what is the purpose of these kinds of comments. I guess it is a form of venting. I am glad there is much less of them than there used to be, though, when many threads were overwhelmed by them. Now most people actually discuss Model X sightings and what to make of them. TMC is getting better and I am glad.

Discussing Model X and hashing of ideas should be possible without ridicule. IMO people should feel safe to throw even wild ponderings on the wall. In time we'll see what sticks. Crazy ideas get best dismissed through discussion, learning and gathering information - much more effectively and permanently than this way. Our understanding of Model X has evolved through many such discussions - like the A and B pillars - and that's good. When something is wrong, let's fix it, of course. Make our understanding better as we go. Debate what is debatable, sure. But effectively ridiculing people or entire threads trying to find out things with general comments like that and offering nothing else to the discussion, well, I guess it serves some other purpose I don't particularly care for.

Just my two cents, of course.

That said, even I'm impressed some have turned into analyzing the trailer trucks as well. That's dedication even beyond my particular interest! :D Keep it going, guys, even if it isn't quite my cup of tea. I'll stick to analyzing Model X tidbits as best I can, until the unveil of course makes it unnecessary.

I have to wonder what is the purpose of these kinds of comments. I guess it is a form of venting. I am glad there is much less of them than there used to be, though, when many threads were overwhelmed by them. Now most people actually discuss Model X sightings and what to make of them. TMC is getting better and I am glad.

@AnxietyRanger, sometimes we get so wrapped up hyper-focusing on individual seams, gaps and holes, that we lose sight of the big picture. These comic-relief observations are meant to force us to take a break, widen our focus and to bring our analysis back up to the 10,000 feet level. Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves when we get too self-absorbed.

@AnxietyRanger, sometimes we get so wrapped up hyper-focusing on individual seams, gaps and holes, that we lose sight of the big picture. These comic-relief observations are meant to force us to take a break, widen our focus and to bring our analysis back up to the 10,000 feet level. Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves when we get too self-absorbed.

It is one thing when someone taking part makes fun of the very same process that is ridiculed - quite another when it is someone not taking part that does it. One is laughing with us, the other is laughing at us.

I also have to wonder how much perspective we can actually gain from such generic interruptions. I find it more likely some people would find such a response merely demoralizing and a disturbance - and be less motivated to freely post next time.

Thanks, vandacca. It was meant as a light-hearted response on the observation that there are likely double panels. Like 'what's behind that panel!!'.

As noted in the past, l get weary of the attempts to categorize things I say as negative or attach other motivations to my posts. You nailed it. Just a little humor.

Thanks, vandacca. It was meant as a light-hearted response on the observation that there are likely double panels. Like 'what's behind that panel!!'.

As noted in the past, l get weary of the attempts to categorize things I say as negative or attach other motivations to my posts. You nailed it. Just a little humor.

Indeed.

As a wise sage once said: "Lighten up, Francis."

Indeed.

As a wise sage once said: "Lighten up, Francis."

I think people will be tense as launch day draws closer. I remember what it was like with Model S.

At least this time around, one can buy a Model S if the wait for a Model X is too long, and there are some CPO deals to be had directly from Tesla if one doesn't wish to take the depreciation hit from buying new.

Before, if one was stuck waiting for a Roadster or Model S, there was no alternative except to keep driving an ICE or settle for an EV with much more limited capability. I expect that Model X will have a faster ramp than the S, given that Tesla has had 3 years more experience with modern mass production.

I think people will be tense as launch day draws closer. I remember what it was like with Model S.

That's a bit of an understatement :). Moderators were praying behind the scenes that cars would get delivered so we'd get a break on the forum. Tempers were flaring. People were deliberately (it seemed) picking fights.

And then cars started being delivered and it was like the heavens opened up and angels were singing. Briefly. Haha. Because then we had cars out of order and delayed and ohgodIamsogladIamnolongeramoderator.

Driving home from work today and saw a black pre-production Model X with manufacturer plates on Northbound Hwy 280 in Los Altos Hills, CA. No camouflage at all. Does this look the same as the previous black car? Driver waved as I approached. Sorry for my dirty windows and shaky video. Trying to drive at the same time and so I was shooting blind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBGBJMfpR4

Last edited by a moderator:
Driving home from work today and saw a black pre-production Model X with manufacturer plates on Northbound Hwy 280 in Los Altos Hills, CA. No camouflage at all. Does this look the same as the previous black car? Driver waved as I approached. Sorry for my dirty windows and shaky video. Trying to drive at the same time and so I was shooting blind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBGBJMfpR4

Nice!!! It's looking pretty good! Looks like the plaid shirt guy knows he's popular on this forum!! Feels like he's saying "hi" to all of us!!

Last edited by a moderator: