Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instagram

11821847_489357317897511_1383760775_n.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 91342
This looks to me very much like the top edge of the 'floating' screen seen in the prototypes. The 'Mules' all seem to have been using borrowed MS dashes, but this must be the production interior.
It could just as easily be a laptop computer or tablet being used by the passenger. All signs I've seen indicate the prototype-style screen is being replaced by a flush-mounted screen. I'm expecting the dash will bear a strong resemblance to the Model S dash moreso than what appeared in the prototypes.

So now we've seen Model X in every current Model S color but Titanium, making it highly likely the paint colors will be shared between the two. They might keep some new colors under wraps until the full reveal, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with what they already have.

Has anyone done some calculations on width and lenght of the latest mules/rc/etc?

Hoping it is so big I wont regret cancelling my X-res and buying the P85D instead;) even though I fear the price will be through the roof here in Norway now with the exchange rate being so bad for the NOK...

It could just as easily be a laptop computer or tablet being used by the passenger. All signs I've seen indicate the prototype-style screen is being replaced by a flush-mounted screen. I'm expecting the dash will bear a strong resemblance to the Model S dash moreso than what appeared in the prototypes.

So now we've seen Model X in every current Model S color but Titanium, making it highly likely the paint colors will be shared between the two. They might keep some new colors under wraps until the full reveal, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with what they already have.

I am hoping that this is a sign that they are being more adventurous with colors that the past where there are 3 shades of white, black, dark blue and 3 shades of silver :(

You can make out some of the rear seat back in the red X picture. The position looks like there is not enough room for another row in between (the one you wouldn't be able to see because of the dark tint) and not enough behind it either. I guess this might mean that this is a 2 row version with the second row moved back. Just a guess of course since it is hard to see and we don't know if these are final anyway

I am hoping that this is a sign that they are being more adventurous with colors that the past where there are 3 shades of white, black, dark blue and 3 shades of silver :(

Informed speculation is that the same paint shop is painting S- and X-bodies. So the color availability will be the same. Generally the first few (hundred) of a new model will be painted white, because it is easier to debug & finalize coverage & check fit with white.

I wonder about an electric option. Wouldn't towing put too much pressure on the mechanism since it would be pulling it further along its track?

FWIW, at least Audi does electric hitches in Europe - although the end-piece is added manually once base is extended.

I speculated long ago that the bumper hole might have been for testing foldable hitch mechanism (access hole).