Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh no, what happened to Angus?
I will do a full write up at some point - but when SC was fixing the issues from delivery their 3rd party detailer "wrecked" the car - their words, not mine. They immediately stepped up to say it was their responsibility, they would order me a new one.

Still working through the finite details but everyone has assured me every step of the way that they will make it right by me.

I didn't even do anything to place the order - it showed up in my account one day...

My delivery is in June but I have VIN assigned already. Reason to get excited or it'll just sit in production queue until Late May/Early June?
Analyzing the sheet (super useful BTW), I think they are done with production for international orders. The productions for US East Coast is underway now. They will reduce the radius from now on, with California and Bay area being last. I being in Bay Area have been said by OA I will get mine by Late March/Early April. Having said that, your order seems to fall in the Q2 schedule (same cycle), so getting the VIN now probably won't expedite the production unless Tesla wants large delivery numbers for Q1. Expedite production seems to be bad in general as this would turn out to be a rush job, which is not a strong suit of Tesla. Hope this helps!

Reactions: cartech
Dumb question, but is there any change within our account from VIN assigned to production date, delivery date, etc?

Ordered: 100D 2/9/18
Confirmed: 2/12/18
VIN assigned: 2/12/18
Delivery date per order spec and DS: late March

I will update spreadsheet when I get to laptop.

Thanks

Interesting article. Who really knows what’s the reason. I was looking at a model X in late Jan and was told at that time delivery would be March. Fast forward a month. We place our order and it’s push back to June. Appears they aim to deiver domestic orders at quarter ends.

Curious if they push back delivery dates once they’ve given you an estimate? Order confirmed 2/5 and was told by my DS mid to late March but am concerned when I see people who ordered a week later being told June... Trying to plan a trip out of state at end of March and was hoping to road trip but now am wondering if I should get plane tickets? Don’t have enough familiarity with the company to get a sense of what to do so would appreciate thoughts from anyone with experience. Thanks!

Dumb question, but is there any change within our account from VIN assigned to production date, delivery date, etc?

Ordered: 100D 2/9/18
Confirmed: 2/12/18
VIN assigned: 2/12/18
Delivery date per order spec and DS: late March

I will update spreadsheet when I get to laptop.

Thanks
My status changed to In Production last week.
My rep said she will better know mid Feb (still waiting for the update). when car will be ready, said end of Feb early Mar. California car, said it is still in que for target dates. Ordered 12/6/17

Curious if they push back delivery dates once they’ve given you an estimate? Order confirmed 2/5 and was told by my DS mid to late March but am concerned when I see people who ordered a week later being told June... Trying to plan a trip out of state at end of March and was hoping to road trip but now am wondering if I should get plane tickets? Don’t have enough familiarity with the company to get a sense of what to do so would appreciate thoughts from anyone with experience. Thanks!
Tesla builds in batches (i.e. 75’s, 100’s) so you’re most likely still on target - however things can slip a week or so - the updates on the Tesla site are a little slow - your DS will have the best info but don’t bother pinging them constantly - EVERYONE does and they cannot answer them all.

Once you see production is complete shoot them a note - that’s when they will have a realistic idea of when it will be getting shipped.

Enjoy!

Tesla builds in batches (i.e. 75’s, 100’s) so you’re most likely still on target - however things can slip a week or so - the updates on the Tesla site are a little slow - your DS will have the best info but don’t bother pinging them constantly - EVERYONE does and they cannot answer them all.

Once you see production is complete shoot them a note - that’s when they will have a realistic idea of when it will be getting shipped.

Enjoy!
Much appreciated - think I’ll get the plane tickets and not stress it.

Enjoy!

How does the batches thing actually work? I heard from many that they build in batches for countries, but they also build in batches model-wise. And, do you know what kind of priority Tesla-owners get on a second order?

My status changed to In Production last week.
My rep said she will better know mid Feb (still waiting for the update). when car will be ready, said end of Feb early Mar. California car, said it is still in que for target dates. Ordered 12/6/17

Thanks. I didn't know if it just went from "ready for production" to "delivery date" or what the exact process was.

How does the batches thing actually work? I heard from many that they build in batches for countries, but they also build in batches model-wise. And, do you know what kind of priority Tesla-owners get on a second order?
My understanding from going through this twice is:

1. No priority for current owners - EXCEPT for Model 3
2. They stack up a bunch of 75 orders, bring in those battery packs and build those cars. It is more about the battery pack, then the options in the vehicles (i.e. P100D's, 100D's with AP2, 100D's, etc) - they try to manage the options too so that each group is built with the same options - it's an efficiency thing - if EVERY car down the line has the same options it builds faster.

Only going off of information that was shared with me over the years - others may have better, more up to date info.

I am waiting on a replacement XP100D for mine that was delivered in December but damaged, there are batches coming end of March and June - those are my two delivery windows as I have been told.

• Helpful
Reactions: loxo