TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dmann000, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Blaketq

Blaketq Supporting Member

100D and California.

2. rjyoungmd

rjyoungmd Member

3. rjyoungmd

rjyoungmd Member

Where in CA? They started production on 100MXs earlier this month. Have you contacted your DS or OA?

4. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

That makes sense you aren’t in production if they’re telling you mid to late March. Mine went into production sometime this past week and should be getting delivery mid March. My DS says it takes about a week to build once it enters production so looks like everything is on time here. Hopefully your car will go into production this week.

5. Jerome F Ruddy

Jerome F Ruddy New Member

Orderd 100D on Jan 6, 2018
    Confirmed on Jan 9
    Assigned VIN on Jan 12
    In production

6. DaiPlusPlus

DaiPlusPlus Member

I habitually logged-in to my Tesla order status page today and finally got my VIN today. Woo. *excited!*

• Like x 1
  7. Blaketq

Marina Del Ray. No, I am not in a hurry since I am driving a Tesla right now.

8. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

My first post here. Placed order for 100D today!
    Really excited and also a bit nervous coz I’ve never spent so much on a car yet :)
    Will keep the spreadsheet updated.

• Like x 1
  9. outie

outie Active Member

Are they giving you a loaner or letting you keep the old car until the new one arrives?

10. Blaketq

They bought my Model X back in December because it was having a lot of issues and gave me a Model S as a loaner until the replacement arrives.

11. DaiPlusPlus

DaiPlusPlus Member

Congrats :)

Assuming you're financing, then provided your DTI ratio is good there's nothing to be nervous about.

The thing is - I'd normally never buy any car for this amount of money - but there's just *something* about these cars that made me justify it to myself. It's not just the fact it's electric - I think it's my way of signalling my dissatisfaction with how "Big Auto" (GM, Ford, VW, etc) has failed to innovate in their cars beyond superficial details. It's been 6 years since the Model S first came out and still no-one sells an electric car of equivalent range (though the GM Bolt comes close - the BMW i3 and Ford Focus EV are jokes) - or how the infotainment systems, across the board, all *suck*. I'm voting with my wallet (or rather, debt! :D)

• Like x 1
  12. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

Thanks! Yeah, it’s just the tech gadget factor that made me justify to pull the trigger too. I also like driving electric coz we have a Leaf. With the MX, we will go fully electric.

13. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

I’m checking almost everyday now lol. I figure mine should be close to yours. No updates on mytesla yet.. the wait is killing me!

14. loxo

loxo Member

P100D, Switzerland, ordered 16. Jan, confirmed 23.Jan., went into production (pre-production according to DS) 1. March :)

15. dlyle65535

dlyle65535 Member

"Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory."

Were more beautiful words ever spoken?

Spreadsheet updated.

-D...

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. ChunLi Panda

ChunLi Panda Member

My DS said my car is halfway thru production and it was only second half of last week that my status changed to “in production “. Also that I should be able to pick up car within 2 weeks or sooner. So hopefully yours enters production by end of this week!!!! That wait...ugh!

17. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

My time approaching soon!

Ordered MX100, Red, Cream, PUP, EAP, 7 Seater. 2/8
    Confirmed 2/11
    VIN 2/11
    In Production 3/4
    Financing and paperwork completed 3/5.
    Available for pickup 3/15, I can’t do that so I’m scheduling for 3/17

Tempe AZ Center

Pretty easy.

Financing is 1.49%. Why pay cash when I get an identical rate with money just sitting in those online high yield banking accounts. It’s essentially free money.

I picked now because the 7500 is ending soon. I wanted the free supercharging and 500 service credit. And I’ve been waiting long enough! Years.

I feel confident that a “refresh” is coming in the next year. But, is it worth $7500 and free supercharging? Since I’ve never owned a Tesla, nah.

Can’t wait to get it.

18. DaiPlusPlus

DaiPlusPlus Member

When the refresh comes I fully expect Tesla to drop the price of the X and S by at least $5000 to offset the lack of federal income tax credit.

I read how NVIDIA says that the current computer in AP2.5 cars still isn't fast enough for Level 5 autonomy - so maybe we'll see an "AP2.75" too? (Same software and camera hardware, just much faster computing hardware)

As for my own order status: not entered production yet, though I've only had the VIN for 3 days now. Based on other peoples' reports I'm expecting it to enter production by next Monday (2018-03-12). Let's see...

19. RedOctober

RedOctober Member

You will love the car. Best car I have ever owned and has me enjoying driving again. Best of luck and welcome to the Tesla community. Just about every question you have can be answered on here.

20. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

I hope they do drop the price, too.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.