Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm getting stressed out over not much:

Say the loan principal is $100,000 over 72 months.

At the current 1.49% interest, that's $1,485/mo ($4,598 total interest)
If the rate rises to 2% interest, that's $1,507/mo (+$22) ($6,203 total interest)
If it rises to even 3% interest, that's $1,553/mo (+$68) ($9,394 total interest)

Probably not worth worrying about, really - but still annoyed about, because that's still an extra $1600-4800 in interest over the 6 years...

My guess is they will make it 2.49 as it currently for 75D.

I have also seen people at my work finance from Auto Loans for New Vehicles | Financial Partners Credit Union | Southern California since they seem to have good rates (1.99 or something like that). I was planning to look at them if I couldn't get 1.49 rate. May be give them a look and see what they quote you.

I’ve been in production since 3/1 with no change. Getting Impatient........

My pick up date was scheduled for 3/13, then pushed back to 3/17. Now the 3/17 date is in doubt.

Mine was in "production" status for 9 days before being moved to "in transport from the factory". As someone else has stated, I don't think the status actually changes while they are prepping the vehicle for transport to your SC. This could take hours or a few days, depending on the mode of transportation. Have you reached out to your DS? My DS emailed me before my MX had gone into production status with a change (in the good direction) of my delivery date. They seem to have the most up to date information.

Maybe I'm getting stressed out over not much:

Say the loan principal is $100,000 over 72 months.

At the current 1.49% interest, that's $1,485/mo ($4,598 total interest)
If the rate rises to 2% interest, that's $1,507/mo (+$22) ($6,203 total interest)
If it rises to even 3% interest, that's $1,553/mo (+$68) ($9,394 total interest)

Probably not worth worrying about, really - but still annoyed about, because that's still an extra $1600-4800 in interest over the 6 years...

Maybe a dumb question, but have you looked elsewhere for financing? I know a few local banks and credit unions have offered similar rates where I'm at.

Mine was in "production" status for 9 days before being moved to "in transport from the factory". As someone else has stated, I don't think the status actually changes while they are prepping the vehicle for transport to your SC. This could take hours or a few days, depending on the mode of transportation. Have you reached out to your DS? My DS emailed me before my MX had gone into production status with a change (in the good direction) of my delivery date. They seem to have the most up to date information.

He contacted us to schedule a pick up date for 3/13 and said it would arrive to SC last Friday. After last Friday came and went, He said it’ll ship yesterday and arrive on Friday (3/16). Yesterday came and went and it still hasn’t shipped. Now DS won’t even return our calls.

He contacted us to schedule a pick up date for 3/13 and said it would arrive to SC last Friday. After last Friday came and went, He said it’ll ship yesterday and arrive on Friday (3/16). Yesterday came and went and it still hasn’t shipped. Now DS won’t even return our calls.

That stinks- sounds like you are having a much different experience with your DS than I. Hopefully my delivery date stands true (3/20)

Same here! Mine has gone ghost and my status is unchanged.

Very, very, very different experience compared to when I ordered my Model S in 2012.

I see in the spreadsheet that you also placed your order almost a month after me with very similar specs and yours has already entered production? :eek:

I really want to know why my order is somehow cursed.
Yea it's pretty interesting that yours has not entered production. You also have a much higher VIN than I do. Your DS said it is scheduled to be produced the week of 3/19 though.

Wow, what's the story?
I don't exactly know. Just 7 days after the deposit the estimated delivery changed to February - early March. My agent said an estimated delivery in December before I deposited nok30,000. Deliver team here in Norway can't provide me a good explanation. Maybe it will be delivered next week, I don't know if I can still trust them. Not so sure about how I will react when I will receive the car. The whole wait is so depressing actually. You guys are lucky to wait 3 months or less. But they offered me a 3 year free service plan. Right now I'm quite afraid if the car will have a lot of problems.

I placed my order info in the spreadsheet last year. I will update it when the car arrives

You guys are lucky to wait 3 months or less. But they offered me a 3 year free service plan. Right now I'm quite afraid if the car will have a lot of problems.

Good idea. This isn't the first time I've been messed-around by a company I've given money to. When I had my home's air-conditioning installed the contractors messed-up the placement of parts that meant their original job quotation was off by $1000 or so - I got them to agree to give me free annual servicing for 4 years (a value of $2000, a net gain for me) - so if my car's order is delayed such that I suffer a higher interest rate or such then I'm sure I could negotiate free servicing of equal-or-greater value. That sounds fair, I think.

There's a New Inventory MX with identical (except cosmetic) specs currently available - I pinged my Sales Advisor about it tonight and she emailed back (waaay past close of business!) to say she'd check it out for me. I also asked if that would qualify for the 0.99% interest rate that some New Inventories orders are qualifying for (compared to the possibly much higher rate for Custom Orders starting in April) - or if I could stick with my current order on the condition Tesla throws in an ESA or some other incentive to make-up for the unexplained delays to my order. I also asked why my order was delayed when other west-coast customers ordered identical specs over a month after me (*looks at you @outie!*) are getting theirs already.

(I mean, I'm dropping $100k on a car: I am expecting better transparency in customer-service - this isn't a Kickstarter widget)

Let's see what happens!

There's a New Inventory MX with identical (except cosmetic) specs currently available - I pinged my Sales Advisor about it tonight and she emailed back (waaay past close of business!) to say she'd check it out for me. I also asked if that would qualify for the 0.99% interest rate that some New Inventories orders are qualifying for (compared to the possibly much higher rate for Custom Orders starting in April) - or if I could stick with my current order on the condition Tesla throws in an ESA or some other incentive to make-up for the unexplained delays to my order. I also asked why my order was delayed when other west-coast customers ordered identical specs over a month after me (*looks at you @outie!*) are getting theirs already.

(I mean, I'm dropping $100k on a car: I am expecting better transparency in customer-service - this isn't a Kickstarter widget)

Let's see what happens!
:oops:
On the bright side for the delay -
Model S/X deliveries with Intel (model 3) MCU