Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory."

FINALLY! Whoo Hooooo!

Model: X 100D, Silver Metallic, 20” Silver Wheels, Cream Premium, 5 Seat, Premium upgrade, Full self-driving
Delivery City: Pensacola, FL, USA
Order Date: 02.13.18
Confirmation: 02.16.18
ViN: 1000XX
VIN Date: 04.17.18
Production start: 05.11.18
Production End: 06.01.18
Schd Del June

Confirmation to VIN: 60 days
Confirmation to Production start: 84 days
Production: 21 days
Production to Delivery: ??

Reactions: XjteX and 317Kevin
My status changed to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" on 5/26. Just checked with DS and he says it is still waiting to be transported and cannot give me a date on when it will be picked up at the factory. So disappointing. Anybody facing the same issue?

Went into a Tesla store the day I ordered (May 12) - they said June's 75D slots had all been filled, but there were still a few 100D spots left. Upon ordering, was told it'd be delivered 3rd-4th week of June. Hadn't heard anything so checked in today....production and delivery have been pushed to July.

Just spoke with my DS... Car will be delivered to me here in Pensacola, Florida next Wednesday, June 6th! That was a very long wait! Model: X 100D, Silver Metallic, 20” Silver Wheels, Cream Premium, 5 Seat, Premium upgrade, Full self-driving
Delivery City: Pensacola, FL, USA
Order Date: 02.13.18
Confirmation: 02.16.18
ViN: 1000XX
VIN Date: 04.17.18
Production start: 05.11.18
Production End: 06.01.18
Schd Del June

Confirmation to VIN: 60 days
Confirmation to Production start: 84 days
Production: 21 days
Production to Delivery: 5 days
Confirmation to Delivery: 110 very long days.

• Helpful
Reactions: 317Kevin
My status changed to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" on 5/26. Just checked with DS and he says it is still waiting to be transported and cannot give me a date on when it will be picked up at the factory. So disappointing. Anybody facing the same issue?
YES I am too they suck at communicating I emailed my DS and texted her and she still haven't updated me yet its been a month expecting delivery late June mode x 75D

Mine changed to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" on 5/29. My DS says 6/18 is still the date.
Wonder why it takes 3 weeks to get from Fremont to Atlanta and get prepped.

Tesla uses Rail as one of its transportation mode. Although you get economical rates, the reliability and transit time has a high degree of variability.

Just got a call from my DS. Told me that my car is scheduled for production on 6-18. He made a appointment for delivery on 6-28. Also told me to start applying for financing. They want to get deliveries done before the end of the quarter.

Reordered - 5-12
Confirmed 5-15
VIN# 5-22
Production 6-18?
Delivery 6-28?

Last edited:
Just got a call from my DS. Told me that my car is scheduled for production on 6-18. He made a appointment for delivery for 6-28. Also told me to start applying for financing. They want to get deliveries done before the end of the quarter.

Reordered - 5-12
Confirmed 5-15
VIN# 5-22
Production 6-18?
Delivery 6-28?
Hopefully I get mine in 2 weeks ordered on 4/19
vin on 5/5

DS just emailed me updated information. Scheduled delivery for 6/29/18 (Friday) for 9:00 AM. He said try to avoid June 30th if at all possible as they are going to be delivering a lot of cars on that day.

100D Model X
Ordered: 5/8/18
Confirmed 5/11/18
VIN #: 5/12/18
Estimated production start: 6/20/18
Delivery appointment scheduled : 6/29/18 9:00 AM
Delivery Location: Santa Barbara, CA

DS just emailed me updated information. Scheduled delivery for 6/29/18 (Friday) for 9:00 AM. He said try to avoid June 30th if at all possible as they are going to be delivering a lot of cars on that day.

100D Model X
Ordered: 5/8/18
Confirmed 5/11/18
VIN #: 5/12/18
Estimated production start: 6/20/18
Delivery appointment scheduled : 6/29/18 9:00 AM
Delivery Location: Santa Barbara, CA

I still haven't heard anything at all from mine :( i'm just going with July/August delivery seeing as some people that ordered before me got theirs pushed back.

I still haven't heard anything at all from mine :( i'm just going with July/August delivery seeing as some people that ordered before me got theirs pushed back.

I sent him an email directly this morning to check in. He said he was "3 customers away from emailing me" the information. I would try and contact yours to see what is up. My DS has been very helpful, responsive and has all the information I have needed when I need it.

This is our second Tesla (trading in our nearly 4 year old Model S 85 rear wheel drive with autopilot 1, which we love still) and this has been even easier than the first purchase which we waited for 3 months for. It was a similar situation though. We ordered in September and ended up with Delivery at the end of December (i.e end of quarter). Back then the big change was that autopilot came out in October of that year but luckily we were "upgraded" automatically without any issues. Somewhat similar to what happened here with the trim in the cars this time, but back then it was a little bit bigger issue with all of the hardware changes (switching the turn signal and cruise control lever positons, autopilot hardware, dual motors, etc...).