Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent him an email directly this morning to check in. He said he was "3 customers away from emailing me" the information. I would try and contact yours to see what is up. My DS has been very helpful, responsive and has all the information I have needed when I need it.

This is our second Tesla (trading in our nearly 4 year old Model S 85 rear wheel drive with autopilot 1, which we love still) and this has been even easier than the first purchase which we waited for 3 months for. It was a similar situation though. We ordered in September and ended up with Delivery at the end of December (i.e end of quarter). Back then the big change was that autopilot came out in October of that year but luckily we were "upgraded" automatically without any issues. Somewhat similar to what happened here with the trim in the cars this time, but back then it was a little bit bigger issue with all of the hardware changes (switching the turn signal and cruise control lever positons, autopilot hardware, dual motors, etc...).
I've tried to contact mine a several times now and no answer or replies to my e-mails I'm sure he's probably busy with cars being delivered sooner but a reply would be nice. I'm not fussed about the delivery date I just would like a ballpark delivery date so I can plan my road trip if it's This month or next month I wouldn't mind.

The S/X production should not be impacted by the Model 3 production - they are separate production lines - using different battery packs.

Tesla tends to produce international orders at the beginning of a quarter and then ship to domestic orders mid-quarter, so they can get all of those deliveries to count in the current quarter.

The other factor right now is the 200K US EV tax credit threshold. Tesla will try to maximize the number of cars delivered this quarter, but will also likely try to push the 200,000th US delivery until early July - so Tesla customers will qualify for the full $7500 credit through the end of this year.

We're checking the Tesla Account page several times each day - still nothing...

I am guessing upcoming quarter financials will trump future tax incentives. I have a delivery scheduled for June-25, even though my X has not entered production yet.

It turns out the tax incentive is not based directly on Tesla delivering 200,000 units in .US. Rather it is based upon 200,000 people buying Teslas, actually claiming the credit. Not everyone qualifies for it, thus somewhat fewer than the actual delivery, count. The IRS has to report the number of credits claimed before it actually expires, plus a quarter.

Reactions: XjteX
I am guessing upcoming quarter financials will trump future tax incentives. I have a delivery scheduled for June-25, even though my X has not entered production yet.

It turns out the tax incentive is not based directly on Tesla delivering 200,000 units in .US. Rather it is based upon 200,000 people buying Teslas, actually claiming the credit. Not everyone qualifies for it, thus somewhat fewer than the actual delivery, count. The IRS has to report the number of credits claimed before it actually expires, plus a quarter.

How can it be based on IRS reported rebates 'claimed' per quarter. No one in 2018 can claim the credit until taxes are filed in 2019 so the IRS has nothing to report in any of 2018.

I received an email last night to schedule my pickup. I need to go print out my checklist.

Oh well - two weekends have passed since my car was ready. Tesla cannot seem to sort out things.

They were unable to get the lease paperwork and insurance finalized for some reason in 3 months.
Then I was promised it would get done, pictures of the car, verification it was ready to pick up.

Now...no update - no pictures - no car.

My status changed to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" on 5/26. Just checked with DS and he says it is still waiting to be transported and cannot give me a date on when it will be picked up at the factory. So disappointing. Anybody facing the same issue?

OK, the above was yesterday but got a call today saying the vehicle has arrived. Looks like DS don't really have much control over the status. Appointment scheduled for 6/9 to pickup.

VIN Date: 04.23.18
Production start: 05.19.18
Production End: 05.26.18
Delivery: 06.09.18

How can it be based on IRS reported rebates 'claimed' per quarter. No one in 2018 can claim the credit until taxes are filed in 2019 so the IRS has nothing to report in any of 2018.

Exactly. No one knows, not even Tesla. It is even possible it has already been exceeded. This is one reason I ordered in time to get delivery (hopefully) in this quarter.

Last edited:
If 200,000 is crossed in the month of June - Everyone will still have full credit from July-September 2018. 1/2 credit ($3,750) Oct-Dec & Jan-Mar 2019, then 1/4 credit ($1,875) Apr-Jun 2019 & July-Sept 2019.

Let's hope 200k hits in July - Don't know why anyone would disagree with that other than selfish reasons

btw why did the order tracker spreadsheet change? much harder to track now that it is sorted by name.

OK. It is now sorted by confirmation date: Model X Order Tracker.

HERE is a video that shows how you can filter and sort the data. I changed the sort order yesterday. My idea was to make it clear that this is not some old, outdated spreadsheet.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: XjteX and 317Kevin
Spoke to my DS,

My car goes into production this week! For the record Vin was 05/15/18. Suspect the other person on this forum who must live spookily close to me will have a similar set of circumstances. Best of luck to him or her!

I finally flipped to "In Production" this evening!
Ordered 3/23, VIN on 4/28, and now In Production on 6/2.

@powercube - As for where I live, I'm slightly northeast of Redmond towards Woodinville/Duvall area so not far.

Nick