Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Kozzy, where are you from? We've ordered barely the same day.
My TMX is already built since april 5th, and now standing by for shipping. DS said it was in a parking lot in Fremont, they couldn't tell me if it's gonna travel by train to the east coast or take the cargo from SF to Europe via Panama.
European DS scheduled delivery at the end of May but I called once in the US and they told me like you that the car might be delivered at the end of June ...
By the way does anybody knows if it's possible to track the car ? I heard it was possible back in 2016 with your VIN.

Hi Kozzy, where are you from? We've ordered barely the same day.
My TMX is already built since april 5th, and now standing by for shipping. DS said it was in a parking lot in Fremont, they couldn't tell me if it's gonna travel by train to the east coast or take the cargo from SF to Europe via Panama.
European DS scheduled delivery at the end of May but I called once in the US and they told me like you that the car might be delivered at the end of June ...
By the way does anybody knows if it's possible to track the car ? I heard it was possible back in 2016 with your VIN.
It seems we both jumped on the price decrease :). I'm in the Netherlands.

I can imagine it's even more frustrating for you knowing your new car is all built and you can't wait to drive it! I did speak to the central country customer support and they indicated they can get an estimated arrival date in their system which pointed at mid-June as well. I suppose it can also differ where in Europe you are based, considering the arrival location after the journey from the US and transit time from there.
All the changes and uncertainties damper the fun of treating yourself to a new car a little bit, even without taking the price point into consideration.

Placed my Model X Long Range order on May 2. Luckily got my order in right before they increased the FSD option an additional $1000 (now showing as $6000). Added details to the tracker.
Lucky duck, and congrats. Ordered 30 April - still no VIN. Looks like only 4 VINs have been assigned (per tracker) against the 38 (tracker) orders since the 23 April public notice.

Just got my text to get my MX delivered on the 29th next week! Hope this helps people waiting for their cars.

Configuration:
Long range, white exterior, 7 seat cream interior, 22” wheels, FSD.

Order date: April 25th, confirmation same date.

VIN: 160xxx

Reactions: CoffeeMan
Just got my text to get my MX delivered on the 29th next week! Hope this helps people waiting for their cars.

Configuration:
Long range, white exterior, 7 seat cream interior, 22” wheels, FSD.

Order date: April 25th, confirmation same date.

VIN: 160xxx

Huge congrats! I know someone got the same text yesterday on their Model S and then today the delivery date moved back a week...hopefully the same doesn’t happen to you.

Well, I see a NY MX with a vin in the 180k range was issued against a 5 May order and scheduled for a 6 June delivery date. The process is perplexing indeed.

I have come to the decision - after much analytical thought - that a former disgruntled government employee at Tesla making the decisions about who is getting VIN assignments. He looks at the list of outstanding orders and says to himself

"How can I really mess with these folks today? Ah - I will send notification out on issuance of a 'new' VIN for a vehicle delivered 3 years ago. Figure out the process now TMC members! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Is it possible that 180xxx are the new motor style and others prior get the old finished lot of motors prior to the new ones?
Or the Vin #s were started clean at 180xxx for some other reason. Gap is between 163xxx to 180xxx.

This gap didn't happen with the MS. yet.

They certainly are giving out the Vins much later in the process now than in the past.

Hi, I'm new here, Dennis from the Netherlands.
Ordered my TMX LR black 6 seater May 1st, confirmed May 2nd, after that no news/info. Meanwhile other buyers who ordered later already drive their refreshed TMX. Overseas orders are put latest in line?? Hope to get any info a.s.a.p. and really looking forward to get my car.

Hi, I'm new here, Dennis from the Netherlands.
Ordered my TMX LR black 6 seater May 1st, confirmed May 2nd, after that no news/info. Meanwhile other buyers who ordered later already drive their refreshed TMX. Overseas orders are put latest in line?? Hope to get any info a.s.a.p. and really looking forward to get my car.

Mijnheer, unfortunately, there are plenty of people who ordered in the US, in California, at the same time as you and still haven’t received their cars. They build in batches of configurations, so someone who ordered after you can get their car before you. I love what Tesla is doing for the EV world, but their communication and delivery against timelines is quite bad. Nu komt de aap uit de mouw...

Is it possible that 180xxx are the new motor style and others prior get the old finished lot of motors prior to the new ones?
Or the Vin #s were started clean at 180xxx for some other reason. Gap is between 163xxx to 180xxx.

This gap didn't happen with the MS. yet.

They certainly are giving out the Vins much later in the process now than in the past.

I suppose it's possible. I have VIN 162,xxx, ordered 21April, Production start 8May with "Raven" refresh. The codes from "about my vehicle" were DU02/SU03/APH4. These are the codes for the refreshed non-performance LR. For the performance models you should have DU03/SU03/APH4 (different drive unit with larger induction motor in the rear).

I ordered a Model X with Ludicrous on April 26th. The configurator promised May delivery when I ordered. Now the sales person says that I may not get the X until after the tax credit runs out. Any news on delays on Performance Xs?
Just received delivery today. Ordered 5/4 and delivery 5/29 in SoCal. Seen a few other performance models delivered today. I heard nothing until the car was ready for delivery, not that it had entered production nothing. Just a text saying schedule delivery for two days from now. Fun times.

Just received delivery today. Ordered 5/4 and delivery 5/29 in SoCal. Seen a few other performance models delivered today. I heard nothing until the car was ready for delivery, not that it had entered production nothing. Just a text saying schedule delivery for two days from now. Fun times.

For some reason, the process changed. Now, they give the Vin # really close to delivery time with little other details. Not much different than other custom orders from other makers.

Just completed google form.
Order X100DL/FSD/22" Onyx rims/blue/6 seat black interior on 14/5 and confirmed 15/5 (5/14 & 5/15 if UK date is perplexing!)
I've been chatting with a sales rep in Edinburgh which will be my delivery center. The website said June delivery when I ordered - looks more like early July. He says the VIN is unlikely to come much before delivery. I also asked him about the carbon fibre trim which I didn't know about until coming on here - he said it would add 3-4 weeks to my delivery. I told him to forget it - can't take another month of waiting!