Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN 5 days ago. Ordered 01/07/2022 White on white. Advisor says EDD shows for 01/31/2023 in Santa Fe (via Colorado Springs). Build date 01/06/2023. Advisor confirmed that it does have the matrix lights. I’ll keep this updated.
They all say it has matrix lights then never deliver w matrix. Have not had reports of them actually having despite SA saying (for over a year) they do. Please let us know if they actually do.

Dang - Despite what I was previously told, service manager said my X does NOT have matrix lights. I guess Tesla is not installing them on new Xs, at least not yet. They also could not say whether the wiring harness would work if I later decided to install Tesla’s matrix lights; gave it a 50-50 chance.

Dang - Despite what I was previously told, service manager said my X does NOT have matrix lights. I guess Tesla is not installing them on new Xs, at least not yet. They also could not say whether the wiring harness would work if I later decided to install Tesla’s matrix lights; gave it a 50-50 chance.
Yeah not only need wiring also need software to unlock it which requires Tesla service to agree to it.

I picked up my new X today and WOW. The fit and finish are perfect. Honestly, the whole process has been pretty great. Did I have to wait a full year? Yes. Was my trade-in less than I would have liked? Yes. Am I disappointed that the new Xs don't have the matrix lights? Yes. Am I totally in awe of this car? Yes. I love the suspension, the amazing audio, the yoke and the lack of stalks, buttons and knobs. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Count me as one happy camper!

Lots of reasons. Tiring of the company they have become.
I get it. Big time. Had a flat tire last week. Tesla Mobile has a dedicated tire guy. Was supposed to come by the following afternoon. 2 days later I found out it may be a week because his Van had a flat tire (not making this up) AND his spare was flat.
Called a tow truck to take the car to a service center 2 miles away. It took them 2 and a half days to put on a new tire.They had them in stock but there were 60 cars ahead of me. The whole service and general customer treatment was vastly different 9 years ago.
So I get it. But......What will you drive instead? Hard to measure up to a Plaid.

lolboll - I checked and the USS are present. From what I’ve heard, USS is being removed from 3’s and Y’s but not yet on S’s and X’s.
Tesla mentioned though that it would get removed on the S & X in "2023". I'm missing this batch (currently on april-june batch) so hoping they're still including them in the next batch.

Can you try btw to see if there's any give in the center airbag on the wheel/yoke if you press it? Maybe this batch they've actually implemented it at least hardware wise but pending software activation.

Tesla mentioned though that it would get removed on the S & X in "2023". I'm missing this batch (currently on april-june batch) so hoping they're still including them in the next batch.

Can you try btw to see if there's any give in the center airbag on the wheel/yoke if you press it? Maybe this batch they've actually implemented it at least hardware wise but pending software activation.
I’m new to all of this so bare with me. I was just assigned my vin on my model X. Ordered at the beginning of February. I had to “ok” this as the next part of taking delivery. After I did, I was able to upload my insurance and got a delivery window of March 4th-11th.

Attachments

• 22DA8AAB-62E9-4A78-AE3A-AE8196E8E859.jpeg
    22DA8AAB-62E9-4A78-AE3A-AE8196E8E859.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 211
I talked with my advisor and asked if it had HW4 and she said “Looks like it does from what we can see!”

With that said, I’m still skeptical until I see it. :)

She said the build date was late January.
So we´ll both stay skeptical. Only difference is that I do not get any reply from Tesla in under 2 weeks... and probably I already have it by then ;-)
Anyway. If HW3 or HW3.5 I´ll stop reading forum postings from that point on and try to enjoy anyway