Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date 9/3, tax edition ultra red..still no VIN. Latest EDD Oct 26- Nov 16. My trade-in expires on Nov 1st and auto loan expires Nov 13th. I see VINs and delivery for orders ordered later than mine. Wonder how the allocation logic works. This is my first EV so not used to this waiting game. Anyone else in similar boat ? I am in Michigan

Anybody know when they assign you a VIN relative to you accepting that there's no longer USS?

I ordered about 3 weeks ago and now got the message about needing to accept this change. Just weird that they send the notification now rather immediate after I ordered it since USS hasn't been available for some time now.

I'm trying to get some stats on if this message is coming as a precursor to getting a VIN assigned.

thanks!

Placed order 10/23, Blue, Black, 5 seater No PLAID, with 20 inchers. . Nothing yet... but its day one. This will be our 4th Telsa... couldnt justify the $14K upcharge (losing $7500 Tax, plus $6500 upcharge for PLAID)... also transfered FUSC from our 2016 to the 2023.
I don't understand your math? The Plaid is $15k more + the lost of the $7500 Tax rebate (unless it is a business vehicle that has no cap on the price)

Last edited:
I don't understand your math? The Plaid is $15k more + the lost of the $7500 Tax rebate (unless it is a business vehicle that has not cap on the price)
Sorry my original config was for the base model with six seats would have added $6.5K + Cream Conrinthian Leather +$2K or upcharge for PLAID which come standard with the six seater config. ($91K + 2$k for cream pleather).. I said F'it and got the $79.9K model and saved ~$20K. ($80K - $7500K (wife qualifies) = $73,500 verses $93K). design. Also the new matrix headlights are freaking awesome. Did a sleepover with the demo X and those new Matrix headlights are amazing, compared to our 2016 LED lights in our S. For the record this is the cheapest Tesla I have ever bought of the three prior S's I have owned (2013 P, 2014 P+, 2016 90D, and now a 2023 X), about $30K less than my 2013, 2014 & 2016. I also transfered our FUSC from our 2016 to the 2023 X. Now I wish I had kept our 2014, so I could have done a twofer.... https://www.tesla.com/support/super...utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_term=23q4_free_sc

Last edited:
Reactions: msm859
I ordered MX on 11/18 and my est delivery is November 29 - January 10 right now with no VIN

Have a question, have a 2016 MX with 'enhanced auto pilot' (first owner), is tesla still doing FSD transfers? If so should I upgrade to FSD on the 2016 X and transfer it to the new one?

Thanks in advance

Sorry my orignal config was for the base model with six seats would have added $6.5K + Cream Conrinthian Leather +$2K or upcharge for PLAID which come standard with the six seater config. ($91K + 2$k for cream pleather).. I said F'it and got the $79.9K model and saved ~$20K. ($80K - $7500K (wife qualifies) = $73,500 verses $93K). design. Also the new matrix headlights are freaking awesome. Did a sleepover with the demo X and those new Matrix headlights are amazing, compared to our 2016 LED lights in our S. For the record this is the cheapest Tesla I have ever bought of the three prior S's I have owned (2013 P, 2014 P+, 2016 90D, and now a 2023 X), about $30K less than my 2013, 2014 & 2016.
Okay. My dilemma is I have a 2020 LR X with 77k miles. Wife wants the Plaid. Have FUSC to trade and I can buy it as a business vehicle and still get the $7500 EV rebate and tax benefit makes the net difference @$10K. I am a little bummed about not being able to transfer my FSD since I paid for it 4 years ago and it has been in "beta" the whole time.

Okay. My dilemma is I have a 2020 LR X with 77k miles. Wife wants the Plaid. Have FUSC to trade and I can buy it as a business vehicle and still get the $7500 EV rebate and tax benefit makes the net difference @$10K. I am a little bummed about not being able to transfer my FSD since I paid for it 4 years ago and it has been in "beta" the whole time.
Plaid had a $5k price bump couple days ago, if you factor the tax credit plaid will cost $22.5k more now.

Check out my post regarding the commercial credit, it's a little unclear: $7500 IRA business tax credit

The good thing is you can take section 179 on it under your business.

Just get a aftermarket plaid badge and hope she doesn't find out 😉

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Sounds like we both have 1st world problems ;). I told my wife we were getting the peasant/poverty/plebeian Model X to appease the tax bureacrats and if she wanted the PLAID she could "up the ante". What really pushed us was the FUSC transfer. I told the Tesla rep in March they should do this for repeat buyers of their premium product and it sounds like someone was listening. I cant believe you cant transfer the FSD service you already paid for. Thats kinda grubby.

Plaid had a $5k price bump couple days ago, if you factor the tax credit plaid will cost $22.5k more now.

Check out my post regarding the commercial credit, it's a little unclear: $7500 IRA business tax credit

That is funny, I was going to get one as a joke, but I wanted it to be something obviously fake like this:

1698195559785.png

Yes, I wish the $7500 EV credit for business was clearer but I do have the 179 bonus depreciation back up. My 2020 X was picked up December 22, 2019. Immediately drove it 100+ miles to San Francisco for my Christmas office party (with my wife and secretary). Pretty much limited it to business use 85+% for the year. Pretty sure adding the "badge" would not work. :)