Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MXLR time lines are now Nov-Dec. I wanted to wait to order one in December to see if there were any end of year incentives but now it seems like delivery could be pushed to Jan 2024. Will the $7500 tax credit still be available for the X? if yes, will it be able to be applied to the purchase price of the vehicle? Will Tesla change the price of the x's in January? I know nobody knows but these are the things I'm thinking about.

The predictions are, the prices continue to go down. You can always get an inventory car quickly once they have sold the old ones out.

MXLR time lines are now Nov-Dec. I wanted to wait to order one in December to see if there were any end of year incentives but now it seems like delivery could be pushed to Jan 2024. Will the $7500 tax credit still be available for the X? if yes, will it be able to be applied to the purchase price of the vehicle? Will Tesla change the price of the x's in January? I know nobody knows but these are the things I'm thinking about.
You may not be eligible for full $7500 credit plus it’s not like fed cutting a check it’s the reduction in tax amount you owe … just go through YouTube there are plenty of videos

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
You must take delivery in 2023 to qualify for the $7,500 tax liability credit. After that it’s suppose to fall to $3,750 in 2024 .
based on what elon is saying? or are they changing the requirements around battery composition? best case you still get the 7500 applied to purchase price instead of tax write off in 2024.. worst case 3750 applied to purchase price.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
based on what elon is saying? or are they changing the requirements around battery composition? best case you still get the 7500 applied to purchase price instead of tax write off in 2024.. worst case 3750 applied to purchase price.
Each manufacturer needs to determine if their vehicle(s) qualify for the credit. The thresholds of US sourced minerals and materials increase each year per the law, so as of now Tesla 3, Y and X quality for the full $7,500. Tesla website says "after Dec. 31 the credit will likely be reduced" meaning unless new laws are passed between now and year end, starting Jan. 1 Tesla vehicles will suffer a reduction in the tax credit.

Does that also mean your sales tax will reduce by a sizable chunk ($750), if you are in say CA where it's nearly 10%?

No really sure, but I would doubt that. The tax credit is to reduce the cost at point of sale post tax. It shouldn't change anything else. The only difference between last year and this year is that you get the tax credit baked into the price at the point of sale, instead of filing for it later.

Great! I'm just describing what a tax credit is and the way it's worked for the past several years (including this year).
yeeeah, except the context in which we were talking about tax credits were for 2024 when they are being applied to the purchase price. someone asked if the tax amount due was reflected of the discounted price after the tax break or not. you came in and said 'no no tax credits are applied on your tax liability' which is true for 2023 but not 2024.

Reactions: Neon001
Ordered Black MXLR rebate qualifying version on 9/27. Shows a Nov-Dec estimated delivery. Hoping it does not shift past Dec. Are people's delivery estimates since the price drop still sticking to the original estimates or slipping?
9/4 rebate eligible X ”Plain” build here in NJ, fourth EDD so far. Waiting on VIN, no FSD transfer.

IMG_9611.jpeg

Reactions: preddy and davenlei
I ordered the same poverty spec and color MXLR on 9/6/2023. The app says October 26 ~ December 7. Massachusetts delivery. No VIN, not even a trade-in offer on my 2019 MX 100D with FSD. The trade-in section does say "Full Self-Driving Transfer Applied" but no offer.... I wonder if they will only make an offer once the VIN is assigned?

1696015413311.png

Last edited: