Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X parts suppliers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA10076284.PDF

X-suppliers.png

That is awesome.

Active Grille Shutter System?? That is really cool to have. It improves aerodynamics on the fly.

Probably similar to the ones the Model S has near the fog lights. Only time I've seen those vents open is when supercharging, but supposedly they will open when driving if extra cooling is needed, otherwise they stay shut for better aero.

I was pretty sure that power steering is Bosh also - so perhaps this breakdown is very old. Looks like Magna has picked up more business and t's interesting that Gentex is not providing mirrors since there was a mule photo that some traced to Gentex garage.

I was pretty sure that power steering is Bosh also - so perhaps this breakdown is very old. Looks like Magna has picked up more business and t's interesting that Gentex is not providing mirrors since there was a mule photo that some traced to Gentex garage.

Which breakdown? The Model S? Yes, it's old - it's from 2013. Tesla switched to a new steering system in Autopilot equipped cars last year.

With an average of 20 component and design changes a week, 2013 is an eternity ago in Tesla time.

That jumped out at me, too--possibly additional fuel for the idea that the glass roof is electrochromic? Wasn't that another possibility related to Gentex?