Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X parts suppliers

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA10076284.PDF

X-suppliers.png

MikeL

some guy
Jan 24, 2013
That's super cool TEG
we'll need a poster for the museum.

& those are the wheels I've alway really liked, but will
probably never see.

trils0n

2013 P85
Feb 12, 2013
SF Bay Area
That is awesome.

Active Grille Shutter System?? That is really cool to have. It improves aerodynamics on the fly.

Probably similar to the ones the Model S has near the fog lights. Only time I've seen those vents open is when supercharging, but supposedly they will open when driving if extra cooling is needed, otherwise they stay shut for better aero.

Vitold

Aug 10, 2015
NM
Three things standout for me:

1. Grille shutter (mentioned above)
2. Electric Motor Bearings are NOT made by SKF!
3. Transmission Oil Cooler - does Model S have one?

Last edited:

Vitold

Aug 10, 2015
NM
I was pretty sure that power steering is Bosh also - so perhaps this breakdown is very old. Looks like Magna has picked up more business and t's interesting that Gentex is not providing mirrors since there was a mule photo that some traced to Gentex garage.

EarlyAdopter

Jun 24, 2012
Redmond, WA
I was pretty sure that power steering is Bosh also - so perhaps this breakdown is very old. Looks like Magna has picked up more business and t's interesting that Gentex is not providing mirrors since there was a mule photo that some traced to Gentex garage.

Which breakdown? The Model S? Yes, it's old - it's from 2013. Tesla switched to a new steering system in Autopilot equipped cars last year.

With an average of 20 component and design changes a week, 2013 is an eternity ago in Tesla time.

JST

May 23, 2013

That jumped out at me, too--possibly additional fuel for the idea that the glass roof is electrochromic? Wasn't that another possibility related to Gentex?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC