Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at recent $7500 off on inventory, iI think there are two possibilities for Q3 start.

Desperate sales push
1: Markdown base price by $5k and kill referral and free supercharging.

Keep it attractive for new customers and save killer deal for quarter end.
2. Mark down by $1K and extend supercharging to unlimited and referral stays.

We will know in 12 hrs :)

Looking at recent $7500 off on inventory, iI think there are two possibilities for Q3 start.

Desperate sales push
1: Markdown base price by $5k and kill referral and free supercharging.

Keep it attractive for new customers and save killer deal for quarter end.
2. Mark down by $1K and extend supercharging to unlimited and referral stays.

We will know in 12 hrs :)
It’s still up on the website but not updated as if this morning. It would be nice they take if the $7500 of the vehicle to come close to the $80k price range ish. Y is outselling the expensive models.

The free Supercharging banner is gone from the ordering page for the X when I go to it. I was hopeful they may extend it but not surprised they didn't. We're looking to order here in the next couple of weeks, maybe we'll get lucky and they mark it down a little from the 108k of our current build preference.

The free Supercharging banner is gone from the ordering page for the X when I go to it. I was hopeful they may extend it but not surprised they didn't. We're looking to order here in the next couple of weeks, maybe we'll get lucky and they mark it down a little from the 108k of our current build preference.
Try next quarter or possibly year end sale. I’m not in a hurry so, I don’t mind the wait.

Prices dropped again, and this time due to only a software limitation, which means Tesla can has sufficient profit margins to sell these at lower price points when push comes to shove. Can't wait the oncoming lower prices in january.
This is interesting if it's software limited. That means you can charge to 100% as often as you want but only be charging the battery to 77%.

• Helpful
Reactions: David29
This price cut with limited range was totally coming due to timing of Cybertruck and macan E launch. They have pressure to move all models in light of their very own internal competition in both sedan and SUV segments..I think next will be another 10K cut on X to make it sub 80k .. cha ching.. I might get two Xs one for business and other for personal use.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
This price cut with limited range was totally coming due to timing of Cybertruck and macan E launch. They have pressure to move all models in light of their very own internal competition in both sedan and SUV segments..I think next will be another 10K cut on X to make it sub 80k .. cha ching.. I might get two Xs one for business and other for personal use.

A macan what?

Prices dropped again, and this time due to only a software limitation, which means Tesla can has sufficient profit margins to sell these at lower price points when push comes to shove. Can't wait the oncoming lower prices in january.
See historic prices below. The lowest price for the Standard Range version was $81,000. A January 2024 price below $80,000 is indeed possible for the Standard Range X.

Tesla Model X Base Price History (5).png

Link to data and references. I am amazed that there was a $40,000 premium from a 100D to P100DL in 2018.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger
👍 I'm curious to see how this will impact the inventory stats. Currently ev-cpo Europe seems to already show an elevated inventory level but Tesla-info as of today hasn't yet ticked them up.

The new S/X batch for Q3 seem to have arrived now to europe so expect huge discounts at end of quarter, there is almost zero activity in Model X forum compared to the good old days when product was moving.

stats.jpg

I'd say Tesla needs to take upcoming ID.7 pricing into account when trying to sell S/X. In addition to Teslas own Cybertruck, the upcoming ID7 variants look good.

I certainly wouldnt want to be buying a S/X at current prices with the upcoming headwind on resale values.

I'm actually thinking of switching to ID7 if Tesla S/X prices don't become reasonable, and switching back when they do, unless Tesla moves first.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKashima