Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X questions at the June 2015 Shareholders Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not for kicks and giggles, because I'm not kicking anyone who ordered a Model X long back. So this is just for giggles.

As I shared elsewhere, I anted up for a Model X this week. And........the Customer Agreement form I had to check off on did say (more or less)....

"...roll-out may not begin before 3Q 2014...and you agree not to sue us if we're that late".

Okay! Okay! I agree!

That must be a recycled slide. The thing is silver metallic! :)

And those are the old "fat" falcon doors.

Of course it's the old rendering. :) Did anyone expect Elon to casually release the final design this way? My only point was that IF Elon's words were so carefully chosen to send a message, it's highly unlikely they'd not take the same care with the words on a slide.

There's some disappointment up-thread on the Model X timeline, but let's not forget that there will be some consolation through speculation about that "Public Beta Program" offered to "early access customers" mentioned by Elon at the 19 minute mark of the shareholder video:

"If we keep making progress [on the software] I think we can get it out to our early access customers - which is sort of our public beta program - at the end of this month."

There's a loose deadline in that statement :smile:, but think of the speculative threads to be launched after the sightings. Elon mentions the early access program later when answering another question, but doesn't elaborate on who or how many are in this trial. Ironclad NDAs, I'm sure. (Hmm. An early Sig MX reservation holder hereabouts "joked" about being under an NDA recently . . . :rolleyes:)

There's some disappointment up-thread on the Model X timeline, but let's not forget that there will be some consolation through speculation about that "Public Beta Program" offered to "early access customers" mentioned by Elon at the 19 minute mark of the shareholder video:

"If we keep making progress [on the software] I think we can get it out to our early access customers - which is sort of our public beta program - at the end of this month."

There's a loose deadline in that statement :smile:, but think of the speculative threads to be launched after the sightings. Elon mentions the early access program later when answering another question, but doesn't elaborate on who or how many are in this trial. Ironclad NDAs, I'm sure. (Hmm. An early Sig MX reservation holder hereabouts "joked" about being under an NDA recently . . . :rolleyes:)
The early access program is for the Autopilot software (7.0?) on Model S. It has nothing to do with the Model X release.

T (Hmm. An early Sig MX reservation holder hereabouts "joked" about being under an NDA recently . . . :rolleyes:)

I'm assuming that was a reference to my joke about not being able to talk further about space travel.

I don't have a Model S, and am unsure how they would install new software on my Roadster - but I'd love to see them try! :)

- - - Updated - - -

The early access program is for the Autopilot software (7.0?) on Model S. It has nothing to do with the Model X release.

That, too. I believe all their releases go through the same process, before rolling out to the entire owner group.

AArrg. See what speculative/selective hearing gets you! I'll have to listen again, but I thought Elon was referring to personally testing the Model X autopilot. (I'm sure Elon owns a plaid shirt somewhere.) Testing Model S phase II release makes more sense, yes.

Last edited:
Found the following news report from an unknown source claiming an off camera segment of the annual shareholder meeting... [with comments from the Ed.]

Thirteen years after the original series run, [AKA the original design concept] the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES [AKA the Model X] will be a thrilling, six-episode event series [AKA production run] helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter, [AKA EM] with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents FOX MULDER and DANA SCULLY. [along with the Smoking Man... AKA the Plaid Shirt Man] This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning [AKA Motor Trend and Consumer Reports] pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series [AKA TMC Model X Forum] in network television [AKA auto] history. Production on THE X-FILES [AKA THE MODEL X] event series is set to begin in summer 2015. - [AKA... or in 3 or 4 months] See more at: The X-Files | Latest Buzz

Anyone up for an over/under pool for which comes first... The X or the X Files. [Now that the Apple Watch pool is moot.] Maybe we should enlist Mulder and Scully to get to the bottom of things. Anyone in LA who knows the writers?

Found the following news report from an unknown source claiming an off camera segment of the annual shareholder meeting... [with comments from the Ed.]

Thirteen years after the original series run, [AKA the original design concept] the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES [AKA the Model X] will be a thrilling, six-episode event series [AKA production run] helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter, [AKA EM] with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents FOX MULDER and DANA SCULLY. [along with the Smoking Man... AKA the Plaid Shirt Man] This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning [AKA Motor Trend and Consumer Reports] pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series [AKA TMC Model X Forum] in network television [AKA auto] history. Production on THE X-FILES [AKA THE MODEL X] event series is set to begin in summer 2015. - [AKA... or in 3 or 4 months] See more at: The X-Files | Latest Buzz

Anyone up for an over/under pool for which comes first... The X or the X Files. [Now that the Apple Watch pool is moot.] Maybe we should enlist Mulder and Scully to get to the bottom of things. Anyone in LA who knows the writers?
Production already started here in Vancouver, BC. Including some amazing pictures of the pair together again even with a little kiss on the cheek shot. <insert adorable fond memories of me getting married in Scully's apartment, but that's another story>

I believe we'll see the first episode before Bonnie gets her X.
---
update: Arg I'll take that back. Forgot its Jan 2016 for the X release. Wait, which one, maybe. Ha.

And the winner is... (for all the naysayers from last Summer...) Model X!
X Files coming to a Fox Channel near you later January, 2016.