Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X reveal impact on TSLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model X pricing information is not available publicly on Tesla’s Model X page. But those with a reservation for the Signature Series are getting invitations from Tesla to spec them out. (Forbes)

Screen Shot - Test Drive.png

- - - Updated - - -

Just an fyi: As of today, Model X Signature #2 is configured, confirmed, and not on hold. And I'm looking forward to taking delivery.

+1 Thank you for clarifying! Bonnie, are you able to comment on the specifications of the Model X?

Last edited:
Even founders aren't going to get to drive a Model X until September 29, let alone Signature holders. Personally, I don't think Tesla will deliver more than 1,000 Model X this year. The 50,000 yearly total number is very much in jeopardy. Tesla has been accumulating lots of bad will with this drip drip of sometimes conflicting information and not addressing the lack of foldable second row seats. Why is Elon doing this, other than being an ass? I suspect the answer has to do with things not being nearly ready enough in Model X land.

There's no conspiracy theory.

There are zero, count them a mighty zero current production SUV/CUV models out there that both A) Fold, and B) Have seatbelts attached to the seats themselves, according to some folk who have done the research on the MX subforum.

It stands to reason that safety is a big reason behind non-folding seats, but it's very doubtful that focus groups and design groups found a folding seat solution ideal anyways. Folding seats means seat belts stretching across, back to the third row of seats (defeats the purpose of having amazingly easy entry/exit with falcon wing doors). Folding seats means the 2nd row would likely be a standard bench and not independently movable. It's a lot more doubtful that fully ventilated cooled seats could exist in folding seats.

Engineers are not out to get you. They're not sitting in a room, laughing and giving each other high-fives because they succeeded in making Cosmacelf mad by not including a common feature in their car.

Even if people defer or cancel, Tesla has a huge reservation list waiting to pick up the slack. I imagine details about the car will come in full shortly after the 29th, the seat issue will pass without much of a thought from both shareholder and customer perspectives.

I believe the gist of what "Eds" wrote about suppliers is generally true, even if the specifics of his claims were incorrect). On the SpaceX end, Elon has had to deal with the fallout from the Falcon 9 accident (bad struts from a supplier... ironically), Dragon2 manned capsule development, and Falcon Heavy development.

Eds content being removed might have happened for a number of reasons:

1) Eds is a Tesla employee. Tesla employees aren't supposed to comment on here, without permission.
2) Eds is a former Tesla employee, who was fired, and was posting nonsense to try and hurt Tesla.
3) The information Eds said was true. A lot of time has past since it was posted and its very possible Elon, and the folks at Tesla, have fixed Eds made those posts.
4) If Nima Kalbasi is Eds, Tesla has made a statement about the content he posted online.

Federal authorities said Kalbasi somehow gained access to his former manager’s email account, found communications involving employee evaluations and other confidential material and then posted the ill-gotten goods on a public website.

To compound the damage, Kalbasi then allegedly tried to smear the Palo Alto-based car company by making “false and misleading” comments, Ernst said (SFGATE)

Regarding your assertion about Elon's ability to make good decisions:

Elon may be the real-life Tony Stark, but no human has infinite resources. People get tired when they have too much to do. Decision making becomes impaired when people are tired.

Decision making becomes impaired when people are tired? Oh really? This is a fairly strange, and baseless thing to say.

View attachment 94681

- - - Updated - - -

+1 Thank you for clarifying! Bonnie, are you able to comment on the specifications of the Model X?

Why am I not surprised Lump would have something negative to say about the release?
No where in your screen shot does it indicate that Herb drove a MX, you said a number of people have taken MX test drives & so far not provided proof, your post was inaccurate & I wasn't the only one to point that out!

You really think a MX has been at the Hyatt in Calgary for some time & no one took pictures or video of it? The whole world has been dying to see this top secrete vehicle & Herb got a nice little test drive...makes a lot of sense to me.

Accusing me of being negative on the release is lame & false!

Last edited:
Just an fyi: As of today, Model X Signature #2 is configured, confirmed, and not on hold. And I'm looking forward to taking delivery.

Congratulations Bonnie.........I hope you and your four legged friends enjoy it.

@drinkerofthekoolaid: Thanks for removing the comment about Lump. He shares all news that affects TSLA/TM I have found. That sometimes includes news that might impact TSLA negatively and I appreciate it as it helps me make informed investment decisions.

Last edited:
No where in your screen shot does it indicate that Herb drove a MX, you said a number of people have taken MX test drives & so far not provided proof, your post was inaccurate & I wasn't the only one to point that out!

Accusing me of being negative on the release is lame & false!

There have been a number of posts by people who mentioned they have taken the Model X for a test drive. I have seen many picture on Twitter of people test riving the Model X. I don't have time to dig up. If you don't believe me, I really don't care. I have better things to do with my Friday night then spending an hour digging through hundreds of Tweets and posts to satisfy someone who wouldn't change their mind even if I posted them..

You must have been hitting the refresh button continuously to see who would respond to your comment. I removed the part about you about 1-2 seconds after posting it, as a courtesy. I think almost everyone on here would agree that you are being very negative and are extremely skeptical about Tesla's ability to bring the Model X to market in a way that will keep customers and investors happy.

Last edited:
There have been a number of posts by people who mentioned they have taken the Model X for a test drive. I have seen many picture on Twitter of people test riving the Model X. I don't have time to dig up. If you don't believe me, I really don't care. I have better things to do with my Friday night then spending an hour digging through hundreds of Tweets and posts to satisfy someone who wouldn't change their mind even if I posted them..

This is news to me as well. I will do some searching as well. I would appreciate, as I am sure others would, if you do take some time, when possible, to share some of those posts/tweets.

Thanks

...Decision making becomes impaired when people are tired? Oh really? This is a fairly strange, and baseless thing to say...

Were you saying that Elon is not overly tired, or that tired people make perfectly good decisions?
I think it is well established that lack of sleep can cause decision making issues...
Sleep-Deprived People Make Risky Decisions Based on Too Much Optimism - Duke Medicine

Anyways, this debate seems off topic, and perhaps just bating people to respond. So, I may regret responding at all.

Last edited:
I suspect that Herb may have been confused about which Tesla was offered for test drives. (Not everyone knows that there are 2 different Tesla models offered for sale right now.)
The event at the Hyatt Calgary was apparently a Model S test drive event:
The Next Billion Tour: Test drive Model S in Calgary | Tesla Motors

BNN - Watch TV Online | Tesla gauges Calgary's appetite for Model S as oil downturn hits city hard
"One of these" probably just refers to a Tesla car. 140 characters often don't allow you to be very accurate if you want to write something that resembles a actual sentence.

I'm really glad they decided to make this launch event happen. This "29th non-event" issue made me worry about potential FUDsters who'd take the bait in an instant to talk TSLA down. Now, there's still potential for FUD if the final Model X is not impressive in some way but given the new eyes (and potentially new nose, too) this is less likely, now. I hope this 2nd row seat issue will be forgotten by the end of the month.

Last edited: