Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Road Trip and bug guts.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
For some reason the Model X attracts bug like heck. On every road trip I have my whole front splattered with bugs. Even if I drive around LA there is a few bugs on the front within a few days of washing. Have you guys experienced the bug invasion of your front bumper. Here is a pic of Yosemite bug slaughtering. Last time in my ice I only got a couple. It is a pain to clean off.

Attachments

• IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    311.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3578.JPG
    IMG_3578.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 90
I have noticed the same thing in mine as well. I also notice an increase in bugs at night when lights are on. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with no engine noise. At times mine has sounded like rain and it's the bugs splattering:)
Same. That is what I was thinking. It also could be the lights because they are so bright. There could also be some field from the radars that attracts them. Do you have any pictures

I use Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine to get all the bugs off easily. Combine with the plush Microfiber towels and you are good to go.
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine
That is what I do. I recently took a day trip to Laguna Beach (about 55 miles south of LA) and we came home with some bugs so I used Chemical Guys No Rinse to clean them off. Highly recommend Chemical Guys products. I use a foam gun and two bucket method to clean the Model X. Sometimes I use NO RINSE or Waterless products but every so often I use a pressure washer with foam cannon attached.

A typical ICE car has a big grill on the front with lots of vent holes. I'm sure they get the same number of bugs, it's just you don't see most of them because they're behind the grill (at the radiator).

But I'm in agreement, I've gotten a lot of bug hits over the past couple of weeks.

Reactions: goneskiian
About 200 miles in eastern Pennsylvania-- mostly on the PA Turnpike

just drove this route this past weekend, and it looks like you are at the Somerset Supercharger (powered by weis?) on your picture there?? :)

I still have bugs all over the car after 2 car washes that couldn't get them off...oh well it's a loaner car for now, they will have to scrape them off.

Actually, the picture is from the Harrisburg Supercharger which is powered by Weis!

We live in York and have a Weis less than 5 minutes from our home.... It would be great if our Weis got an SC! Sure beats gas points.

That's what I meant!! lol they all jumbled together after a while, this one has the starbucks, sprint, sheetz, etc...

but yeah, i can't say enough thanks to Tesla for their loaner car program. they gave me a car with 10 miles on it 2 weeks ago and i will be returning it this week with about 2000 miles on the clock free supercharging the whole way.

and to stay on topic with this thread, it must be this time of year because the loaner i was drving was a Model S75D and guts are still everywhere from the bugs.

i have some stuff from Advanced Auto Parts for bug and tar removal that i use on my vehicles.