Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V123XX

Car completed production 3 days ago. DS is saying there a 10 percent chance I get it by the 17th. Called Tesla Support they said between spetember 19th and the 3rd of October.

Car being shipped to Florida.

Anyone else in FL received their car? How long does it take to ship?

V123XX

Car completed production 3 days ago. DS is saying there a 10 percent chance I get it by the 17th. Called Tesla Support they said between spetember 19th and the 3rd of October.

Car being shipped to Florida.

Anyone else in FL received their car? How long does it take to ship?
Mine also finished production 2 days ago. DS said three weeks to get to Orlando from the factory. Yours and mine will most likely come together on train to Alabama at least after which they may be loaded onto different or maybe the same truck. By your profile, it seems like you r in Fort Lauderdale right?

Rocklin. I may see about changing to Fremont, to see if I can get an earlier delivery.

I'm sure changing to Fremont will be faster if shipping takes more than 2 weeks. But at 2 weeks it may be a toss-up. I got a "production completed" few days ago and I will pickup locally in Fremont. When I asked my DS, the response is expecting up to two weeks. So I assume that's the time for inspection and prep. Any problems will drag on. My other unsubstantiated theory is they might put priority on cars that require shipping to do inspection first before local Fremont pickups...

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X and spkonda
I'm sure changing to Fremont will be faster if shipping takes more than 2 weeks. But at 2 weeks it may be a toss-up. I got a "production completed" few days ago and I will pickup locally in Fremont. When I asked my DS, the response is expecting up to two weeks. So I assume that's the time for inspection and prep. Any problems will drag on. My other unsubstantiated theory is they might put priority on cars that require shipping to do inspection first before local Fremont pickups...

Called Fremont today, and they told me it could save me a couple, maybe a few days... Well DUH - that's worth a two hour drive (four hour round trip) to save even 1 day! But they could not tell me anything about where my car is in the process, saying only the existing DS can see that, but that they will work to get it switched. They did say that it looks still like a mid-sept delivery... hmmm.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X
Called Fremont today, and they told me it could save me a couple, maybe a few days... Well DUH - that's worth a two hour drive (four hour round trip) to save even 1 day! But they could not tell me anything about where my car is in the process, saying only the existing DS can see that, but that they will work to get it switched. They did say that it looks still like a mid-sept delivery... hmmm.

I wouldn't mind a drive up to Fremont to get it before Labor Day =)

Ordered: 07/23/16
Confirmed & VIN Assigned: 07/30/16
Production Start: 08/26/16
Production End: 08/28/16
Transportation: TBD
Delivery Date: Hopefully before the end of September

It looks like you and I finished production on the same day! I'm in Dallas.

I'm anticipating a couple weeks and trying to be patient. Any delay after transportation should be the DS team executing additional production QA checks and resolving those issues prior to delivery.

Makes me more anxious that I just had my 14-50 outlet installed in the garage and received my (free) charger access for my work parking garage.

It looks like you and I finished production on the same day! I'm in Dallas.

I'm anticipating a couple weeks and trying to be patient. Any delay after transportation should be the DS team executing additional production QA checks and resolving those issues prior to delivery.

Makes me more anxious that I just had my 14-50 outlet installed in the garage and received my (free) charger access for my work parking garage.

What is your VIN? Mine is 166xx I have been tracking the Xs by VIN, and with the exception of distance, selected delays and 5 seat options, the VIN does appear to have some relevance. I'm betting you are in the 130xx-155xx range, probably the later ... a 140xx?