Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi from Germany (waiting to be able to configure my Model X Signature reservation #68 for delivery and use in Vancouver).

What I don't get is why everybody/lots of people seem/s to be disappointed about the interior/cockpit not being very different from the Model S where it got rave reviews.

I really don't like change just for change's sake, so I will be very happy if the Model X's interior is very much the same as that of my Model S. ;-)

Cheers Frank

Hi from Germany (waiting to be able to configure my Model X Signature reservation #68 for delivery and use in Vancouver).

What I don't get is why everybody/lots of people seem/s to be disappointed about the interior/cockpit not being very different from the Model S where it got rave reviews.

I really don't like change just for change's sake, so I will be very happy if the Model X's interior is very much the same as that of my Model S. ;-)

Cheers Frank

My thought on this is:

People generally don't talk about something that didn't change if they like it and there was no indication it would change. The people who talk are the ones who don't like that it didn't change. So, even if it's a tiny minority on the whole, it seems like a big majority here on the forum.

I personally love the minimalist interior, so I'm happy Tesla has stuck with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they would just announce the reveal date at least. C'mon Elon, resume spilling info on Twitter again!

You don't think that will happen here/Sept 29?

I would expect it to happen before the first deliveries. I guess I just don't get the continued mystery. They already have a queue of 20k orders, 6 months or more lead time...what more do they expect to gain? It's not like someone is going to rip off their design and woo customers between now and the end of the month.

I would expect it to happen before the first deliveries. I guess I just don't get the continued mystery. They already have a queue of 20k orders, 6 months or more lead time...what more do they expect to gain? It's not like someone is going to rip off their design and woo customers between now and the end of the month.

It's not what they would gain but what they would lose. By waiting until the end of September, Q3 sales won't be affected as much by the Osborne Effect. Lots of people are sitting on the fence about ordering an X or an S. If they reveal that the X has tons of new technology that is not available on the S then sales of the S could drop while orders for the X go up. They haven't ramped up production for the X yet so they wouldn't be able to fill those X orders for several months, sometime in 2016. Also, if they reveal the S will have the new technology then people will hold off on ordering the S if they want the technology. This would reduce Q3 sales.

As we saw when the D was unveiled, many owners traded in their non-D cars to upgrade. If this happens again when new tech is unveiled for the X and S then the market could be flooded with slightly used Model S cars. The availability of so many used S cars would drive the price down and many might consider buying used instead of new, further lowering new car sales.

In order to keep S sales going strong, they implemented the referral program which has convinced many to pull the trigger and to go ahead and order the current S. I have a reservation on the X but am considering all of my options and am in no hurry to buy. If only the X has all the new bells and whistles, then I'll stick with that. If they announce new features for the S as well then I would probably go that route and I would prefer the longer range of the S vs the additional room offered by the X. If used S85Ds drop greatly in price then I would consider one of those and forego the latest and greatest technology.

Forward facing 3rd row for adults is not the same as backward facing 3rd row for kids. Not in the terms of cost or needed safety (being able to handle greater loads).
So I wouldn't expect them to be comparable at all. Might by chance have the same price, might be lower, might be higher.

Well, the rear facing seats for Model S involves stronger structured bumper, various hooks to put the seats on, the little button that opens the trunk from within (is that on all cars?) and the seats themselves, so I might think it would be easier to plunk down a pair of forward facing seats in an otherwise unaltered Model X, but I'm just speculating. I wouldn't be surprised if it was $3k or less even.

Well, the rear facing seats for Model S involves stronger structured bumper, various hooks to put the seats on, the little button that opens the trunk from within (is that on all cars?) and the seats themselves, so I might think it would be easier to plunk down a pair of forward facing seats in an otherwise unaltered Model X, but I'm just speculating. I wouldn't be surprised if it was $3k or less even.

If the third row is collapsable, which it appears to be, all of those hooks and hinges are going to be as complex if not more than the MS rear facing seats. Plus, the rear facing MS seats - have you seen them? I have them and while they're great for their purpose, they couldn't possibly compare to what I'd expect for adults in a "main cabin" configuration on the X. They barely have any padding, they're tiny, and the "upholstery" is a nylon mesh.

If the third row is collapsable, which it appears to be, all of those hooks and hinges are going to be as complex if not more than the MS rear facing seats. Plus, the rear facing MS seats - have you seen them? I have them and while they're great for their purpose, they couldn't possibly compare to what I'd expect for adults in a "main cabin" configuration on the X. They barely have any padding, they're tiny, and the "upholstery" is a nylon mesh.

Not to worry, I see them every day in my car. Have never seen the Model X seats, except in the configuration picture which doesn't yield much but doesn't look like a whole lot of padding there either, nor (I hope) are they as complex as the trunk seats.

So I'll remain cautiously optimistic that T will price it to be a no-brainer option. In a month or so I suspect we will all know one way or the other.

It was the amount required to reserve a sig.
Holy smokes ... not sure why that went over my head ... since I've been without that for many moons (thought it would be a few moons ... then the delay upon delay).

I understood the lost money comment as well because when calculating potential sig I get to subtract that and it seems much less painful to my $ accounts. Sure helps!