Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 11,230 on July 4th, we essentially had 400 the last 17 days in the US, or about 24/day. Right now worldwide it looks like we're about 50/day. Just a guess, but when they do the reveal event, and perhaps 'Get Amped' test drives around the country, that number for the US will double. At least. Do the same thing in China and Europe and we'll be over 100 reservations/day before production. Just a guess, don't lacerate me.

Given the latest post for July 21 - July 23 being 11,626 to 11,694 (roughly 48 hours between reservations) makes that 34 per day :D Although, two days is not a strong statistic... I just like posting that it is a larger number now!

Given the latest post for July 21 - July 23 being 11,626 to 11,694 (roughly 48 hours between reservations) makes that 34 per day :D Although, two days is not a strong statistic... I just like posting that it is a larger number now!
Yea just a blip really. Averaging 18/day US for July so far and 27/day globally.... an apparent slow down from last month, but that could change very quickly with an update or two of the other global #s. So far 838 in July, but expecting over 1,400

Yea just a blip really. Averaging 18/day US for July so far and 27/day globally.... an apparent slow down from last month, but that could change very quickly with an update or two of the other global #s. So far 838 in July, but expecting over 1,400

Would also change if Tesla started doing some more advertising. We have seen very little of the Model X! Hoping this will change in the fall.

Would also change if Tesla started doing some more advertising. We have seen very little of the Model X! Hoping this will change in the fall.
I doubt they will bother advertising. They really don't/won't need to do that until they try and ramp up sales for the mass production... even them I'm doubtful that will be needed for Model 3 given the success of Model S and surely Model X (I'm surely bias!)

Here's a graph of just the USA Production reservations. It's clearly going up and first models are almost 10 months away.
The way I did this was to take a rolling 5-datapoint average of the updates on the P models here.
This is a "reservations per calendar day" type of graph. Remember, does not include China, Europe and is for "entertainment purposes only".

MX_Thru_Jul_28_2014.jpg

And here is a small table of taking the max reservation number seen in each quarter.
Q4 - 2013
92.00 Days
13.27 Per-Day
Q1
91.00 Days
17.91 Per-Day
Q2
89.00 Days
25.28 Per-Day
Q3
28.00 Days
24.43 Per-Day

Using similar data, I did do a computation of the # of reservations per calendar day for the all of the sales regions for 2014 and right now, looks to be roughly just under 40/calendar day (lower earlier in the year). This is inclusive of Signatures and China. Once demo units get out there, more test drives are available, I'm sure that this rate will increase. Some people want to test things out, read about others' experiences and then commit. Imagine going into 2015 with 30K reservations along with whatever Model S reservations are there. Could be a 55K+ year (run high speed line along with some on the older line).

Last edited:
Here's a graph of just the USA Production reservations. It's clearly going up and first models are almost 10 months away.
The way I did this was to take a rolling 5-datapoint average of the updates on the P models here.
This is a "reservations per calendar day" type of graph. Remember, does not include China, Europe and is for "entertainment purposes only".
Cool.
Here is the compact graph from the 2nd post referenced google doc.
GWgsACT.png

Model X Global Tally reaches 18,600 in July 2014

Stats as of July 2014
  • 18.6k Global Total (18,600)
  • 1,211 in the past month (7% increase)
  • 39 per day (21% decrease)
  • Average to Date of 627 per month (2% increase)
  • Average to Date of 20.6 per day (3.3% increase)
  • Trend line is still showing we could expect over 1,550 reservations in August

Tesla Model X Global Tally July 2014.png