Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No kidding. I posted before about sitting at the computer at midnight one spring night in 2015 hitting refresh constantly to get through to the page with the Reserve button with the Tesla web servers overloaded beyond redemption!

The $7,500 tax credit will go quickly too given that we'll be well on our way to 200,000 Tesla S/X sales by the time the first Es come off the line in 2017.

Back on-topic, congrats to all the new X res holders!

I'm going to the Model E reveal event with my checkbook! :)

we so want to jump on, especially given that I'm told that as of now, the sales tax exemption for EV's in WA state is set to expire in June of 2015 and we'd hate to miss out on that! The big hitch is that we have yet to hear from Tesla how they are going to allow full SUV functionality with the Falcon wings. We'd be happy with a regular back door option, even with the falcon wings if they can somehow accommodate a roof rack and all the usual things one might want/need to haul around over a 10-15 year period. We are thinking of possibly making a general reservation as a place holder, just in case Tesla surprises everyone with a truly fully functional solution, but so far we've held back. I think if Tesla finds a way to give the X full SUV functionality without having to add a trailer or something wildly exotic to the roof, sales are going to go through the roof. if so, we'd happily have the X join the S in our 100% solar EV home!

Reserved today #8361
Thanks. Added you to the spreadsheet mentioned in the first/second post.
eflhYfp.png

Last edited:
Nice. Taking the recent reservation rate in the US of around 20/day times the 290ish remaining days in 2014 leads to a US production reservation list of around 15k by end of year when Sig deliveries start. Surely the rate will rise as more detailed X info comes out. By Spring 2015 when prod deliveries start, I bet the list is over 20,000. Fish jumping into the boat, indeed.