Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X UK deliveries in 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do think you have to factor in the extra cost if holding off for a 100D just because they withdraw the 90D wont mean the price wont go up Tesla don't give anything away for free. In the UK I think for my day to day my 60D with possible upgrade to 75D should be sufficient. The supercharger network in the UK should double over the next 12 months so really in the UK range anxiety in any of these cars shouldn't be an issue, If I had unlimited funds I would have liked a bigger battery only as I tow a caravan from time to time and it would have reduced charging stops, but that only effects me maybe once a year as most trips are less than 100 miles. I will save the cash enjoy my X and put the extra cash towards my :)Model 3. For the owners of 90D awaiting delivery I think the main benefit of changing to a 100D would be the new generation of batteries used in its make up. I would expect this unit to be more efficient and charge quicker but that's just my opinion whether its worth another 10K is down to the individual. All I know is that all of us awaiting our X in the UK be it 60D,75D,90D,P90D or P100D the next 3 month are very exciting time in this county and I cant wait to meet others to share our experiences. I wonder how many other car companies have such a buzz around there cars??

Reactions: Lowey007
The supercharger network in the UK should double over the next 12 months

Tesla said that last year ... AFAIK the actuality is that they've added 3 sites (and also closed one other) :( 60 days still to go though ...

My upgrade, during order-wait, from 85 to 90 (85 became discontinued) was painful, price-wise, as I had a real struggle to justify the cost for the small additional range increase. That's behind me now and in day-to-day use I really appreciate the range. I never actually run it down to the bone such that it would matter, but it makes a huge difference to range-anxiety. I get home with 7-10% remaining often, I'd still make it with an 85 but I would no doubt be slowing down a lot for the final few miles "just to be sure".

IMG_3335.JPG
Finally received my VIN on 15th.......no 30007, advised of a Feb/march delivery
Yesterday I got to see the RHD 90D in Birmingham and I asked sales that should a 100D surface, would I be able to change?
They said as long as it's not delivered to the UK I can upgrade

Hi Afdyce
I think our cars will be produced at the same time. I also have a 60D on order my Vin ends in 028175. My DS has advised production scheduled for the 19th December 2016. I did call the sales guys today to check what effect the price increases will have on the cost of upgrading to 75D. My original intention was to upgrade once I had driven for while and gaged the range. However if its possible to secure before production at the original agreed price then I think I would be stupid not to otherwise the new price could be double the old price. I will advise the costs before delivery and after once Tesla comes back to me.

Hi Afdyce
I think our cars will be produced at the same time. I also have a 60D on order my Vin ends in 028175. My DS has advised production scheduled for the 19th December 2016. I did call the sales guys today to check what effect the price increases will have on the cost of upgrading to 75D. My original intention was to upgrade once I had driven for while and gaged the range. However if its possible to secure before production at the original agreed price then I think I would be stupid not to otherwise the new price could be double the old price. I will advise the costs before delivery and after once Tesla comes back to me.
Hi Cookielovers , Can you recall what the price difference was to upgrade to a 75 when you originally ordered ? I can't remember but £6500 comes to mind??
Regards
Tanfaldo